OtakuBoards

to many disasters and deaths

Guest tasu22889

Guest tasu22889
does god hate us??all we've had is hurrican and hurricane,wtf!!every time one comes another comes thats weaker or stronger than the last.any philosphy on this??or is it all a tribute to "equivalent exchange"??and no..I'm not refferrring to FMA,I have actual books on alchemy....

This is something to think about the next time global warming and the Kyoto's climate convention comes up in the discussion... I truly hope that the government of the USA finally signs the convention so we can stop ruining this world of ours before it's too late.

We humans only have ourselves to blame.

[QUOTE=Sage]This is something to think about the next time global warming and the Kyoto's climate convention comes up in the discussion... I truly hope that the government of the USA finally signs the convention so we can stop ruining this world of ours before it's too late.

We humans only have ourselves to blame.[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that the link between global warming and more common/stronger hurricanes hasn't been proven yet, and Bush won't sign up to Kyoto due to the seperate agreement put forward by him.

It's true that in the future global warming may result in us seeing fierce hurricanes on a more regular basis, as you can't deny that globally warmer waters - what powers a hurricane in the first place - won't have an effect. For now, though, the argument is that the Atlantic ocean is going through one of it's 'cycles', where the ocean temperature peaks before dropping down.

Guest tasu22889
[QUOTE=Sage]This is something to think about the next time global warming and the Kyoto's climate convention comes up in the discussion... I truly hope that the government of the USA finally signs the convention so we can stop ruining this world of ours before it's too late.

We humans only have ourselves to blame.[/QUOTE]
for real dude.and bush wont help no more than he has.

[QUOTE=Red]Except for the fact that the link between global warming and more common/stronger hurricanes hasn't been proven yet, and Bush won't sign up to Kyoto due to the seperate agreement put forward by him.

It's true that in the future global warming may result in us seeing fierce hurricanes on a more regular basis, as you can't deny that globally warmer waters - what powers a hurricane in the first place - won't have an effect. For now, though, the argument is that the Atlantic ocean is going through one of it's 'cycles', where the ocean temperature peaks before dropping down.[/QUOTE]
just more crap the higher ups want you to think,we all know theres a problem in the world,like famine and stuff,so why do they insist on telling lies??

[color=#4B0082]Merged the double post. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[quote name='tasu22889']just more crap the higher ups want you to think,we all know theres a problem in the world,like famine and stuff,so why do they insist on telling lies?? [/quote]
Where do I begin here? For one, Red is Irish. Even if I stop there, your arguement fails.

No one from higher up is testing global warming. They don't know enough about it to get past step one. Scientists actually care about the planet, and (big shocker) they are the ones testing Global Warming.

If we weren't so incompetent about everything many deaths could have been avoided. I f the government tells me to get out, I'm out. For the ones that can't get out, would contracting busing services to go down and get people really be that difficult? Seriously, use the authority you have to take what is needed.

Guest tasu22889
[QUOTE=Morpheus]Where do I begin here? For one, Red is Irish. Even if I stop there, your arguement fails.

No one from higher up is testing global warming. They don't know enough about it to get past step one. Scientists actually care about the planet, and (big shocker) they are the ones testing Global Warming.

If we weren't so incompetent about everything many deaths could have been avoided. I f the government tells me to get out, I'm out. For the ones that can't get out, would contracting busing services to go down and get people really be that difficult? Seriously, use the authority you have to take what is needed.[/QUOTE]
so your blaming it on me??why did yo ucal lme incompetent..all opinions may be open but keep those to yourself buddy,no one likes a smart allec who likes to make fun of newbies.I'm tryin to make freinds,but if i show my bad side to soon then i wont.so keep it to your slef or stay out of my threads.best option is to stay out.I'm not doing anything but if you wanna be a prick then stay away from me.

[quote name='tasu22889']so your blaming it on me??why did yo ucal lme incompetent..all opinions may be open but keep those to yourself buddy,no one likes a smart allec who likes to make fun of newbies.I'm tryin to make freinds,but if i show my bad side to soon then i wont.so keep it to your slef or stay out of my threads.best option is to stay out.I'm not doing anything but if you wanna be a prick then stay away from me.[/quote]

Uh, guy, he [i]so[/i] wasn't addressing you there, but the, you know, [i]authorities[/i].

Weather does this kind of thing every so often. It always has.

God has nothing to do with it. ^_~

[color=#4B0082]:animesigh

I don't think Morpheus was blaming anyone in particular, let alone you. Notice he said "we," which, when read in context, seems to refer to the general populous. When I read that paragraph it sounded like he was saying that a lot of deaths could have been avoided if people had payed more attention to the calls for evacuation and if the government had done more to provide ways for them to get out of the area. So there's no need to start flinging insults; let's keep it civil.

Oh, and double posting is against the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?][u]rules[/u][/url] here, so please use the Edit function if you need to add something to a post. Or if you want to quote multiple posts, you can just put the quote tags in yourself. (In this case, [q[i][/i]uote=Red]Copy and paste the post here.[/q[i][/i]uote].)[/color]

Guest tasu22889
[QUOTE=Godelsensei]Uh, guy, he [i]so[/i] wasn't addressing you there, but the, you know, [i]authorities[/i].

Weather does this kind of thing every so often. It always has.

God has nothing to do with it. ^_~[/QUOTE]
if yo uknow alchemy then you know god has everything to do with anything,lol,i have books and such,lol

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]:animesigh

I don't think Morpheus was blaming anyone in particular, let alone you. Notice he said "we," which, when read in context, seems to refer to the general populous. When I read that paragraph it sounded like he was saying that a lot of deaths could have been avoided if people had payed more attention to the calls for evacuation and if the government had done more to provide ways for them to get out of the area. So there's no need to start flinging insults; let's keep it civil.

Oh, and double posting is against the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?][u]rules[/u][/url] here, so please use the Edit function if you need to add something to a post. Or if you want to quote multiple posts, you can just put the quote tags in yourself. (In this case, [q[i][/i]uote=Red]Copy and paste the post here.[/q[i][/i]uote].)[/color][/QUOTE]
he called me soemthing that i know,but we're gettin off subject...

[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Posts merged [B]- Stuart.[/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]As previously asked by Desbreko,[B] tasu22889[/B], do not double post. Also, your posts haven't been following the topic at hand too well- I'm not sure about the connection to diasters and deaths, and alchemy. Please make sure that you're posts contribute to the discussion. If you're having trouble with the "edit" post option, please PM one of the moderators or myself.. But do not continue double posting. Take heed of Desbreko's post. Thanks.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Have you ever been to Taiwan? There, it's basically like 'Oh geez, the hurricane has come early! I havn't even had breakfast yet!'. It's like that in a lot of places. Look at Cuba - the whole of the nation is in a hurricane zone, that place gets hit often and hard. If anything, the fact that so few hurricanes hit the US is a sign of blessing. Hurricanes are natural occurances - and if the nation was a few hundred kilometers south it'd be hit on a monthly basis. God has nothing to do with it - and alchemy, whatever that is, has absoultly nothing to do with hurricanes.

Is Global Warming a major factor? Well, obviously, warmer waters = more hurricanes worldwide. I'm personally divided on the issue - I'd like to think that the world is just going through it's phases, but there is also considerable evidence that the pollution is causing the temperature to rise. No matter what, it's unquestionable that pollution is bad - wether it causes global warming or not is irrelevent.[/COLOR]

I do feel sorry for the people in New Orleans, but it only goes so far. They knew that sooner or later a hurrican would hit them and one of the levies would break. And the people that were saposeably too poor to leave could have walked. And don't say they couldn't becuase I'm not in the best of shape and I would gladly over 18 hours a day getting away from the city.

Also, don't say I have such veiws becuase I'm in a safe zone cuase I'm not. If one of these catagory five came thourgh Flordia or up the Gulf in the right way, it would be total hell here. I might change my tune when that happens, but it hasn't happen yet.

As for God hateing us, I try not to go into that, even though I'm a Chirstain. People have been saying its the end of the world for over a century now. Some bad weather doesn't mean anything.

And now it's time for me to end this. Belive it or not, but people are also worried about over population. And every now and then somthing big happens that kills thousands of people. Like the Black Plague. It was a terrable thing to happen, but if it didn't, Europe would be over populated now, thus making a world wide famine instead of just a few countries. Same with wars and other wide spread death cuasers. Its Earths way of controling us from getting too big.

Want to discuss this with me more, just send me a PM.

[QUOTE=Firestorm101]I do feel sorry for the people in New Orleans, but it only goes so far. They knew that sooner or later a hurrican would hit them and one of the levies would break. And the people that were saposeably too poor to leave could have walked. And don't say they couldn't becuase I'm not in the best of shape and I would gladly over 18 hours a day getting away from the city.

Also, don't say I have such veiws becuase I'm in a safe zone cuase I'm not. If one of these catagory five came thourgh Flordia or up the Gulf in the right way, it would be total hell here. I might change my tune when that happens, but it hasn't happen yet.

As for God hateing us, I try not to go into that, even though I'm a Chirstain. People have been saying its the end of the world for over a century now. Some bad weather doesn't mean anything.

And now it's time for me to end this. Belive it or not, but people are also worried about over population. And every now and then somthing big happens that kills thousands of people. Like the Black Plague. It was a terrable thing to happen, but if it didn't, Europe would be over populated now, thus making a world wide famine instead of just a few countries. Same with wars and other wide spread death cuasers. Its Earths way of controling us from getting too big.

Want to discuss this with me more, just send me a PM.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
You make it sound like somone could just get up one morning, hitch up their britches, and leave their entire life behind. They can't. Besides that, they couldn't just let 500,000 people stream out of the city adly - it'd be anarchy. No one would get out if 500,000 clogged the birdges.[/COLOR]

I really don?t think God has anything to do with the recent disasters or deaths caused by them. It may seem that the disasters are coming one right after another, but how can you truly know that? Compared to how long the Earth has been around we have very little in the way of records of the actual weather patterns that have occurred.

I don?t think you can consider the past couple hundreds of years an accurate model on changes in severity of our weather since it?s not enough data to represent millions of years. It?s like asking one person out of a billion what they think and assuming everyone thinks the same. Statistically it?s just not accurate.

Also, what has knowing alchemy got to do with God? And you say you have books but what books are you referring to? That whole statement really doesn?t make much sense. Just cause something is written in a book or published in something like a newspaper doesn?t make it true.

I do agree that more could have been done to save people from the hurricane, many people didn?t want to leave New Orleans and others had no way to leave. I sincerely hope the government realizes that we need to sit down and work out a better plan for what to do to save as many people as possible the next time we are threatened by a hurricane. We also need to create a better plan for responding to a disaster once it has struck.

Guest djehutys song
This world is on the verge of a massive change unheard of in living memory and to us it might seem cataclysmic but remember:
The planet has changed poles four times over millions of years, parts of Greenland and Russia that used to be flat plains are now underwater or buried under tonnes of ice.
I seem to recall there was a cold spell a while back called the Ice Age, which wiped out a lot of megafauna, including the Woolly Mammoth.
Countless civilizations have risen and fallen, yet we know so little of our ancient heritage. We'd know even less if it weren't for some poor soul out there digging up skeletons and bits of pottery.
Time passes different for all things, so humans shouldn't be surprised by change.
Unfortunately humans seem to think the universe revolved around them.
Consider a single ant. To it one day might seem centuries of sunlight, followed by centuries of darkness, but to us its just a day.
Without going into the Physics side of it (where time is a result of gravitational forces) I think the Hindus call this Cosmic Time, where what the Gods perceive as a moment we see as thousands of years. Like it or not, the word IS changing and man must adapt or perish, its as simple as that.
The Gods do not hate us (although there are things out there hellbent on wiping us out), but its man who is ultimately responsible for his/her own fate.
All those deaths caused by the hurricane could have been avoided with money well spent in ensuring the city's safety, a well placed warning system, public shelters and a sensible emergency plan (evacuating one million people in less than 24 hours is NOT a sensible plan).
And where are these people to go without money, clothing or food?
Two thousand dollars is not aid, its a joke.
If they lived in a 'real' democracy they have the right of knocking at the front door of the white house and demanding shelter, and Mr Bush would have to let them in.
And what if it had been a terrorist attack?
How do you manage near two million people dying of poisoning or radiation from a dirty bomb or a nuclear one?
The money is there, but the goodwill and plain, decent 'caring for your fellow man' sentiment is nowhere to be seen, except of course, during election time.

I feel like Demosthenes walking around with a lamp in the daytime.
I don't mean to sound brusque or whiny. It just galls me to see an elderly woman dying like a dog on the side of the road when those who could have helped stood by and did nothing.
Blame it on the weather.

The Blessings of Thoth be with you all

Odin

Guest tasu22889
[quote name='Stuart][FONT=Trebuchet MS]As previously asked by Desbreko,[B] tasu22889[/B'], do not double post. Also, your posts haven't been following the topic at hand too well- I'm not sure about the connection to diasters and deaths, and alchemy. Please make sure that you're posts contribute to the discussion. If you're having trouble with the "edit" post option, please PM one of the moderators or myself.. But do not continue double posting. Take heed of Desbreko's post. Thanks.[/FONT][/quote]
sorry i dont ask for help from others,if I cant figure it out then i dont use it and jsut say what's on my mind,and I'm back on topic.

[quote name='tasu22889']if yo u know alchemy then you know god has everything to do with anything,lol,i have books and such,lol[/quote].....

"lol,i have books and such,lol"... come on! do you really expect to win anyone over with that??!? Even I don't believe you and I'm a Christian!!

[quote name='tasu22889']sorry i dont ask for help from others,if I cant figure it out then i dont use it and jsut say what's on my mind,and I'm back on topic.[/quote]
And another thing.. just saying you're back on topic, doesn't make you back on topic.. you have to say something on-topic!!

Maybe god does hate us all.. quite frankly there'd be plenty of good reason for it.. I'm not talking about personal sin, but the sheer lack of justice in the world.

Let's just say God exists, and he cares about justice as much as the Bible says he does.. and he gets really pissed at us because we hog all the resources we possibly can, exploit everyone we possibly can who is "below" us, and all sorts of other crimes against the less fortunate. 5% of the world apparently owns nearly 95% of it's wealth, or something daft in those kinds of proportions.

Let's just say that God's just about sick of all that crap- oh, and let's just say that just because you've never hurt anybody, or you had no idea you were buying stuff from people who did that, makes no difference- after all, ignorance is just an excuse, not a valid reason to be part of a massive system of injustice.

And now that the fact that there is so much injustice is exposed- what is our excuse now?

God is graceful, and God saves people, but God does not have favourites. That means that America in all it's glory is no more special a place than war-torn, third world countries. So, given that God loves everyone equally, don't you think he'd be the slightest bit pissed that a select few had decided that they were the special ones because they had all the money, and they were going to keep it?

Now then, this doesn't mean God sent the hurricane, and it doesn't mean God hates you. It's merely a hypothetical, yet plausible and accurate reasoning for why God might hate what we better-off countries do with ourselves.

But I'm not going to go as far as [url="http://www.godhatesamerica.com/"]www.godhatesamerica.com[/url] .. they're just a bunch of silly people who're more concerned about homosexuality than injustice in the world.

[quote name='djehutys song']Two thousand dollars is not aid, its a joke.[/quote]
It's not meant to replace income or property. It's meant to get you on your feet. A family could live for a month or two on that (we're talking basics here: Food-Clothing-Shelter). That is plenty of time to go get a newspaper and start applying for jobs.

[quote name='tasu22889']sorry i dont ask for help from others,if I cant figure it out then i dont use it and jsut say what's on my mind,and I'm back on topic.[/quote]

So you're basically saying you won't obey the rules of this boards or take advice from the moderators because you do as you will? That's a foolish thing to say, and it will get you in trouble both in life and at these boards.

Drop the attitude and use the friggin' edit button, it's not that hard a thing to do!

To add to the discussion, as an atheist I have hard time believing there is any higher power - good or evil - behind the numerous hurricanes and tidal waves that have pested the humankind in the past year or so.

I may have been too hasty to blame the global warming etc., because I have no scientific background to prove it, but I can't help feeling that the increase of technology in the past centuries and the pollution caused by it have messed up the "nature's order" or something.

Sure, natural catastrophes have always occurred, but have they ever been this frequent in the near past? :/

[I]Something [/I]is affecting them, that's for sure...