OtakuBoards

Saw II

Pagan

I loved the 2004 suspense horror movie Saw. It had everyone in the theater guessing who the jigsaw killer was only to surprise them with the most unlikely character in the end. Now only a year later they are releasing its sequel Saw 2.

I'm excited about Saw 2 but also afraid. I'm afraid that this movie won't live up to the original and will ruin its plot. They seem to have rushed this film, though it's quite easy and cheap to record a room full of people chained to walls, I wanted them to atleast wait a few years before they made a sequel.

[Spoiler]While investigating the bloody aftermath of a grizzly murder, Detective Eric Mason has the feeling that it is the work of Jigsaw, the notorious killer who disappeared leaving a trail of bodies - and parts - behind. And Mason is right. Jigsaw is at work again. But instead of two people locked in a room with only one unthinkable way out, there are eight. Eight strangers -- unaware of their connection to each other -- forced to play out a game that challenges their wits and puts their lives in jeopardy.[/spoiler]

I hope what happened to the Cube series won't happen to Saw, but they just don't seem to be putting enough effort into topping themselves. I want more out of the story then just more people trapped.

What do you think?

Guest soul surviver
[COLOR=DarkRed]I didn't know they were making another one but I loved the first and hope the second is at least as good if not better. Saw was detailed in the scens it showed and thats my kind of film but they also had a great story line which they made the most out of and produced a film with many twistes in it that keeped you gessing to the and. This puts more intrest into the film as it never stoped suprising you and you watched it to find out you the killer was even if the scencs were too grathic for you.

Its good to hear another film is on the way but :animesmil but it better have as many twistes and turns as the first or it will be letting itself down. Im worried about there being so many people traped in this one as the first was good becauese it had good linkes between the people traped and the more people there is the hareder it is to find good scenarios to link them together.

I'd like to hear more about this film and any others like it that are out that are like it.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I saw the original a few months ago over at a friends house. I liked it for the most part, how it boarder lined between suspense, action, a little horror. You're right, it probably didn't cost as much to make as most movies, but it's the creativity that counts. [spoiler]All the different traps, like the barb wire one for instance, were all amazingly planned. sure, trap a fat guy in a bunch of barbwire, doesn't sound too hard. I liked that he never technically killed anyone. Not even the detective that got his head blown off was killed by him, the detective's the one who triggered the trap.[/spoiler] After watching it all I thought about was what kind of sick mind comes up with this stuff, and I'm not talking about the movie character, I'm talking about the script writer. Seriously, if the guy who wrote this was made fun of as a kid, wet his bed until 23, and had a limp, he could be jigsaw.

Whether r not this movie will live up to it's predecessor or not is still hard to think off. How many times can you trap people in a room waiting for them to kill themselves. We'll just have to watch this play out.[/SIZE]