Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][CENTER][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Music in anime is really cool. i first got into it when i was watching Inu Yasha. It was Every Heart. i loved that song! i really got into it. i started listening to it a lot, (and it drove some people i know CRAZY!) lol. i actually like Japanese music better than the stuff here. most of the stuff here. (ya know, in the U.S.) some of it's more peacful, and more up-beat. no, i'm not a freak about this, but i just think it's nicer. :toothy: and i wonder why some anime shows airing in the U.S. don't show the beginning theme song. like Inu Yasha, and the Gundam seris. maybe air time is short, but what's two less commercails for a one minute opening theme song? i guess if you want to hear the opening/ending theme, you'll just have to but the uncut DVD. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/CENTER] [/COLOR]


:wave:
Guest kikiisme
Posted
japanese music from animes rocks but if you want to hear the whole thing go to radio blog club and search you dont have to by a dvd
Guest kogagirl
Posted
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=Sienna]Hey Guys,
I absolutely love Japanese music. Some of it is so moving, when I'm sad I just listen to that and then I'll think of all of that sad stuff that happens on anime shows and I'll start bawling[/COLOR][/SIZE].[/FONT] :animecry:
Posted
I watch Furi Kuri with my mates and we loved the whole soundtrack and we found out it was a japanese band called the pilliows! I advise everyone to listen to them especially Crazy sunshine and ride on shooting star :D
Posted
Of the japanese music that I have heard, I really liked Fukai Mori (one of the end themes for Inuyasha) and I like the music in the Gravitation and Fake OVAs :p . I try to find the CD's of the bands but they can be really hard to find without ordering them from Best Buy or Barnes and Noble :animeangr . So I just try to find the music I like on the internet. :cool:
Posted
OP and ED themes/sequences for anime in Japan are actually [i]90 second[/i] edits -- 3 minutes is an awful long time in American TV.

Up until hip-hop became a levelling (downward) influence, Japanese pop was working wonders with recycled rock and pop idioms and doing things that Americans or whoever were either too bored to play with anymore or just too jaded to care about. There are still a few groups and albums from the late '90s that I would like to find or hear more of.

I will also recommend enka, which is the sort of thing karaoke was made for -- a stagy and incredibly sentimental ballad form cobbled together out of Asian and Western sounds and themes. It might seem laughable and goofy at first but it is also quite loveable and many of the singers are very skillful. Enka is not an exclusively Japanese form but is common to many Asian countries.

Enka songs used in anime include the themes for Oniisama E, Rose of Versailles, the ED for Gokusen and (best of all) the theme for Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran.
Posted
I like japenese music a little it is not my favorite. But my sister is loves Ayumi Hamasaki. She got into it from the Inuyasha ending theme.
Posted
Japanese music is cool, I like BoA, The Gospellers, Hyde, Gackt, DOI, Megumi Hayashibara and Ryuichii Sakamoto. I must sound like a geek but I'm half japanese and I grew up listening to japanese music somewhat.
Guest MurdocLuva
Posted
Japanese music rocks! I love Ayumi Hamasaki, Puffy Ami Yumi (I SAW THEM IN CONCERT!!!) and Utada Hikaru.
Posted
[quote name='Fairy Dust']I watch Furi Kuri with my mates and we loved the whole soundtrack and we found out it was a japanese band called the pilliows! I advise everyone to listen to them especially Crazy sunshine and ride on shooting star :D[/quote]
[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Ah, yes, The Pillows.
They are seemingly my favorite band, and I don't really know why. It's something about their style that's just so much better than the bands here in the U.S. For me, they place me in a FLCL state of mind, where everything about the world seems fine. I wonder if anyone else out there is like that.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
L'arc en ciel is currently my favorite jpop band (ready, steady, go). Personally I like jrock because it is different from all the genric rock we get in America, and has a sort of mystical quality to it.
Posted
Does anyone know where i can listen to the ending theme of gundam seed online?
If u can give me a link that would be cool.

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Linking to copyrighted songs is not allowed here. Please do not ask for links to any copyrighted material.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]- Petie[/color][/font]
Guest fetusfart18
Posted
Oh god I love Jrock, it's practically all I listen to.
btw, does anybody know of any sites where I can find Jrock html music video codes, that I could use on Myspace? I've been looking for Asian Kung-fu Generation and MUCC video codes forever, with no luck...v_v.......
Posted
I just recently got into Japanese music. I listen to Utada Hikaru, Otsuka Ai, Bennie K, and Deftech.

I also like Japanese Reggae. I found the album for Baghdad Cafe, and they're awesome.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...