OtakuBoards

Embarrassing Old Threads

Kanata

[color=navy]Doukeshi, is the name you're thinking of [b]Leh[/b], perhaps? I remember that as one of his names but I'm not sure if it was his first. He posts every now and then.[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[color=#000080]It's sad that many old members have left, some I never really knew, but their presence around made a large difference.[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[color=#000080]I remember the comic type thing that Ginny did on FFSurvivor, but I don't think she got around to completing it.[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[color=#000080]I've been around OB for over two years, which I feel is a long time, but isn't compared to many others, and I still don't have a very high post count, it's only [b]1867[/b]. And it's just like you said, it's quality not quantity.[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[color=#000080]I forgot to say in my last post, thankyou [b]Kanata[/b] for creating this thread, it brings back memories, and even some old members that left, like Lrb, and Braidless Baka, though I'm not sure if she's staying, hopefully she will ^__^.[/color]

[quote name='Kanata][size=1][color=#333333]Talk about a blast from the past, eh?[/size'][/color][/quote]

[color=crimson]I wonder if it's bad when you are older than the "old" threads. I'm not even the oldest person here, jesus. *gets out his cane to go to the OtakuBoards retirement home*

I'll reiterate what everyone else has pretty much said- you need a foundation to build up from. All of you guys are respectable, hard working, [strike]non-newbish[/strike] folks now. That's a good thing.

P.S. [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=5315]Oh my god[/url]. What humble roots.. and I'm still not that much better, haha. :animesmil[/color]

[color=#9933ff]I can say the same thing as Ken just did - I'm older than some of those old threads. Though not nearly as old as Ken, but still, I am old. *___*

I remember Ginnylyn, and Topaz (although, she was before my time - aha! so I'm NOT that old!), as well.

And I DO remember all the great times we had in the Digimon Forum. Digi peeps forever!!! Everyone was so great in the Digimon forum. I loved loved loved Devidramon's rants (I have some of them saved to my hard drive), and the fun artwork stuff that went on (I remember that big debate about whether digimon fan art stuff goes there, or the art forum, and we got to have it say in Digimon - yay). Everyone was so cool. I'm not going to forget the Digi peeps, ever!

By the way, whoever was looking for Topaz's website: I believe her former, former username was stardust. If I'm correct, her website is: [url]http://otakulover.tripod.com/trueotaku/index.html[/url] If I'm wrong, oh well. *shrugs*

I got THAT URL off of the outdated "Otaku Pike:" [url]http://www.geocities.com/otakupike/[/url] *chides Shy for that, as well as for being a digi peep. You're Event Master now - quite some change there. [laughs]*

I have oodles of chats and stories and the like. And, I think this is supposed to be a bad thing, but I think, in my opinion, I posted back then, like I do now. Well, I mean, I am sort of annoyed by the way some of my posts back then turned out, and how childish they seem, but I know when I look back on this I'll be like "urgh. I sound like a loser." I still haven't really changed the way I posted. It's still silly, naiive-ish, annoying me. ^_^;;;;

-Roxie

DIGIMON FOREVER! *rounds up all the digi peeps for some crazy group hug.* ^__^ [/color]

[QUOTE=Sakura][color=navy]
[color=#000080]I remember the comic type thing that Ginny did on FFSurvivor, but I don't think she got around to completing it.[/color]
[/QUOTE]

No, she didn't... :/ She stopped it just before things (ie. first challenge) was about to begin. I totally understand why, it was months after the actual game, and I don't think that very many people read it.

I still have the copies of each strip downloaded to my harddrive, and I will treasure them as a symbol of those days! ;D

Both [B]Ginny [/B] and I originally hail from the late Digimon-section, but I have a hard time now, after several years, to remember the other digipeeps. There was [B]Cera/Sara/Lore[/B], [B]Shy[/B] and [B]Digital_Monster[/B] (the mods), and [B]calumon_luver/Kitty[/B] and [B]Roxie[/B] and [B]Ohkami/Sakura[/B], and [B]Devidramon[/B] and [B]Solo[/B] and [B]Pyrophobic[/B], and [B]rokas[/B] and [B]Domon[/B], and [B]Ben[/B] and D_M's little sister [B]Nicky[/B]... Oh, and almost forgot [B]Blanko/Frankie[/B]! I always called her "Blankie", and she recented that. ;P

Who else?! Gah!

But good times, good times... I probably wouldn't frequent on such a section as Digimon anymore (I'm [I]old[/I] and blah blah), but looking back, I'm not embarrassed to the least.

Digimon Forever! <3

Heh, this has suddenly turned into a nostalgy thread, but I reckon it was expected. ;D

[QUOTE=Sage]
Both [B]Ginny [/B] and I originally hail from the late Digimon-section, but I have a hard time now, after several years, to remember the other digipeeps. There was [B]Cera/Sara/Lore[/B], [B]Shy[/B] and [B]Digital_Monster[/B] (the mods), and [B]calumon_luver/Kitty[/B] and [B]Roxie[/B] and [B]Ohkami/Sakura[/B], and [B]Devidramon[/B] and [B]Solo[/B] and [B]Pyrophobic[/B], and [B]rokas[/B] and [B]Domon[/B], and [B]Ben[/B] and D_M's little sister [B]Nicky[/B]... Oh, and almost forgot [B]Blanko/Frankie[/B]! I always called her "Blankie", and she recented that. ;P

Who else?! Gah![/QUOTE]

*raises hand*

I plead guilty,even though I was never amajor participant to the boards as awhole, i remember fondly the digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh boards.

Does anybody remember the newbie greeting lounge? These included some pretty embarassing thread XD

ok this is going back again but anyone remember throck I think it was haha me and him had a killer post count war back in the day to see who can get the highest post count. Ohhh the days... Not sure if anyone remembers this but remember when the only other post title was Master? I remember well for me atleast it was a big deal to achieve this(although it could be because I was 11 at the time) and another person I remember is Transic Nerv

[font=trebuchet ms]I found some of my older posts, unfortunately, my first posts, as well as my first RPG, are deleted or something. I made a sign-up-less Final Fantasy RPG that I regret making, but I can't find it. Oh well, here are some classics.

Just as a foreward, my old screen name is Axel--Ignition, my old friends are Nataniamon, Ryo, and Gouf, you'll see them a lot.

Last Chance (Sign ups)
[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=7548[/url]

One Sentence Story (about Final Flash)
[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=8184[/url]

Clash of the Elements Sign-Up
[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=15201[/url]

Things You'd never hear in Gundam. (hey, the forum was dead, this was the first thread in it for several months)
[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=16136[/url]

And that's all I could find. My, OB has really grown, I don't remember myself being quite [i]that[/i] noobish either.[/font]