OtakuBoards

Embarrassing Old Threads

Kanata

[size=1][color=#333333]I was surfing around OB and I was looking at the profiles of some members who have very high post counts. I looked at some of their first posts and I cannot help but laugh.

These are members that are well-known around the site now and were very.. newbish (for lack of a better word) back then.

So here is a thread I found that may be funny... or embarrassing to the following members:

[list]
[*]Roket
[*]Ryo the Tamer
[*]Sakura (back before she was Ohkami)
[*]^.^
[*]Ryan
[*]Outlaw
[*]Geist
[*]Dj Professor DM
[*]Lrb (When he was §corpio)
[*]Revelation
[*]Vash's Angel
[/list]

The thread is [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=23197&page=1&pp=15]here.[/url] (It's a recruitment thread for an RP)

I thought it might be funny for some of the well known members on the site to look at (i.e. Sakura, ^.^, Outlaw and Revelation).

So what about you? Got any old threads that would be funny for some of the members to see?

Talk about a blast from the past, eh?[/size][/color]

[font=trebuchet ms]That thread's not bad at all compared to some others that were around at the time. Before that was a deluge of hang-out RPG's that started with the Dating Game. No dating went on after like the first five pages. It got deleted and Final Flash made Otaku Island, which was a compromise, it failed. It became a spam-fest.

A thread that embarasses me a little is Zoids Tournament, which I made. It got deleted... two years ago...? Anyways, it was made fairly well, but some new members came in, double-triple... quadruple posted and it fell out of my hands and got deleted and I was basically shunned out of RPG's and made fun of in a Sticky. That was great.

I'm trying to think of a good one that is still around, I guess the [b][URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=3534]Favorite Sock Thread[/URL][/b] takes the cake. I wasn't around at the time, too bad. It's a good representation of James, Sara, Sephiroth, and others were at the start of OB3.[/font]

[color=darkslateblue] I was a big n00b when I first joined. Usually when I look back on myself at any point in time, I want to kill myself. I understand that we all mature and such, but I was seriously just a large waste of space when I was in middle school. Eh... I might have a problem though, seeing as I can hate my past-self from even just three months ago. >_>

I have a bunch of threads where I basically ranted on subjects I basically knew almost nothing about, which makes up most of why I want to bang my head on the desk when I read back on them. [/color]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]Argh, I was a n00b pretty much throughout the enitre period when I was [b]Sakuramon[/b]. That was when I first learned how to RP, and I was a shocking poster, but I'd like to think I'm much better now since time has passed and now I've had more experience. [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]Element X brings back a lot of memories, it was pretty fun despite most/all of us being new at the scene. Man, the first RP I participated in was a real shocker.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]But yeah, I'm not really embarrassed about it because no one's great during the learning phase.[/color][/size][/font]

"When are we gonna light this candle?" !?

Did I really say that!? Wow, were the hell did you find that. I remember that conversation from like forever ago, thou I don't think the RP ever actually got started, and if it did, I copt out real wuick, but whatever.

Though seriously, could you imagine what would happen if I posted that profile now days. I would be laughed off the boards.

[Color=DarkBlue]I'm inclined to agree with Corey on this one. That was the format and quality for OB back then. Really, it shows how much all of us have learned and grown. I think we should all be proud to show the growth. ;)

But remember, the sword was hug. ;)[/color]

I'm always and forever embarrassed by the first thread I posted to the late Final Fantasy -section! I remember the title being something like "Ultimate FF Babe!" X(

Being a "who's your favorite?"-thread, it got closed by Tasis/Zeh rapidly, and I remember that I was quite pissed off by the way he closed it, so I didn't dare to revisit the FF-section until months afterwards. XD

I really can't believe I have ever posted such a thread, but hey, I was deep in the closet at that time, and I guess I felt I needed to prove my heterosexuality some way back then.

And I can't believe how newbie-ish my posts were then, but at least I've made much progress...

Boy, things really are more simple when you're courageously whoever you are! ;D

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well given my activity in the Arena over the last four years I was wiping my forehead when I saw I wasn't one of those listed. While to don't necessarily get embarrassed when people bring up some of the really old RPGs I've created, such as the one Bill continuously shows me, I often do sigh and wonder how I could have written stuff like that.

But Corey is completely right when he says that people shouldn't be bothered by their old work, my work now is the way it is because I've had four years to get better at it. Look back at your old work and appreciate that you've got better, don't feel bad because we were all newbies once.[/SIZE]

[size=1]It's cringe-inducing to look back at my old Saiyangohan2002 days, boy they were some strange threads!

It's always interesting to re-visit old threads you once participated in, and compare the discussions within with the discussions today.

But for randomness and, well, wierdness, you can't go past the sock thread. Fun times.[/size][size=1]:cool:[/size]

I haven't posted here in a long, long time. I remember that RP, but I'm not sure if it ever got started.

I didn't consider it "Newbie-ish" at the time, because everyone else was basically making sign ups like that.

I feel like a newbie all over again, though. This place has changed so much. I'm not going to come back though, unless Braidless Baka still posts around here.

[SIZE=1][quote name='Geist']I feel like a newbie all over again, though. This place has changed so much. I'm not going to come back though, unless Braidless Baka still posts around here.[/quote]

Hey Geist, long time no see! I haven't seen any posts from BB on here in a while, though she usually hangs out at Gaiaonline if you can find her ^_~.

I remember posting profiles of that quality in RP threads, what worthless sign-ups they were heh. I don't really post much in the Arena nowadays but I remember taking part in a couple of crackers back in the day.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#7D8593]My, how time flies when you believe you've just begun. It's amazing as to how I've written on OB. Boy, that brings a bunch of laughs and "Element X" does bring some good memories. I've made a few friends from there, talking to them, and even having the grandest of pleasures to RP with them. But I must say that, looking back at the RPS' that I've done, it's not so much as embarrassing as you would think, Kanata. It lets me reminisce about the past RPS' that I've done and having the chance to meet people who have become my friends and family.

You see, it wasn't really considered to be "newbish" back in the days. It was pretty much how most people wrote on OB anyways, until we began to form our own style and format, along with grammar, punctuation, and whatnot.

People shouldn't feel ashamed or embarrassed because, my dear, everyone starts out as a newbie one way or another. And also, asking others if they have any old threads that might be funny for others to look at is somewhat of an insult to those who have created that thread. It?s like stepping on someone?s back so that you can use them as a stool in the sense of what you?re asking from others about old threads. I?m not trying to create an argument or whatever; I?m just stating my opinion about this thread and letting you know what I think.

By the way, it?s nice to see you again, Geist. It is also good to see Outlaw and Corey, since I haven?t seen them around lately.[/size][/color]

Thanks, Doukeshi. I haven't talked with you for such a long time.

Revelation, I didn't recognize you at first. It's good to see that some familar faces are still here after this.

Getting back on topic, thanks for making this thread, Kanata. I do find it funny though, and not embarrassing. I like looking at threads like that, because it brings back memories of how you used to think back then, and how new OB seemed. :animesmil

[quote name='Geist]I feel like a newbie all over again, though. This place has changed so much. I'm not going to come back though, unless [b]Braidless Baka[/b'] still posts around here.[/quote] *appears* I haven't posted around here for donkey's years! This place sure has changed a lot O_o

But, OT, I think the only time I posted something I was embarrassed of was the whole Otaku Idol thing. Your work got [i]proper[/i] critisism, something I'd never really met before. Even then, it wasn't a bad thing - I just consider my style to have changed a lot in the time inbetween ^_~;;

[SIZE=1]Hey BB, looks like someone reads their e-mail ^_~. Prehaps we should start a hunt to get all the old members back on the boards lol.

I sometimes find it confusing to recognise members that I have known from a while back after they have changed their names. For instance, I never realised that Lrb was in fact Scorpio, though I knew that Sakura used to be known as Ohkami...it really is quite strange.[/SIZE]

[color=#333333][size=1]I'm so happy my thread has caused old members to come back and talk. ^~^

I've been around for quite some time. In fact since the beginning of 2003. But I never joined. Just observed. Sometimes using my friend's account.

But finally, after 2 years of observing I decided to join the OB Team and let everyone know my opinion. Heh.

Anywho, here's another old thread I dug up. Click [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=19829]here[/url].

It involves the following members:
[list]
[*]Winged-Kid
[*]Braidless Baka
[*]Tasrai
[*]Avalon
[*]Bremma
[*]Unborn Lord Xion
[/list]

(I think ULX will getta kick outta this one)

It's funny.. I know all of you very well but none of you know me because I never joined up till recently. ^~^[/size][/color]

It's quite funny how you look through the archives and thats considerd old. I remember when I was around for Otakuboards v1-v4. Now that was old :-P I posted as trotenks and silvernight back then.. Ahh the good ol' days when there were spam wars and such.

A couple that come to mind:
spamegetta and recca or becca I think can't remember which ones.. ahh the good days hehe and its weird to think I was aroudn 11 then now I'm 17 geeze how time flies

[size=1][color=#222222]Yeesh.

I haven't posted here in a long time. *looks around* Nothing has really changed though. So I'm not [i]that[/i] outdated.

I love looking at all these old posts. Elements was such a fun adventure. It kinda died after a page though. But what do you expect? ^_^

Anyways, I'd like to thank Kanata for this thread. Because of it I'll be staying on OB for as long as I can now. :animeknow

*welcome back Lrb!*[/size][/color]

[COLOR=#006aaf][SIZE=1]Lrb! OO: *tackles* @__@ Been for-ev-er! Where have you been?! >:^O *stabs you for being gone so long* .. Er.. yeah. Welcome back. x3

But anyway, I must say, I was just as noobish as anyone during my first few months here. Or at least through my first 250 posts anyway, lol. A little while back (maybe a week before this thread emerged) I went through some of my old posts, and I found that my posts in Dan Rugh's old art thread made me cringe. Here was Dan Rugh, putting up his art for public display, hoping to get polite, in-depth critique so he could improve (though it's hard when you're that good ~.~), and there I was giving him eight word replies with a number out of ten. xD

Boy was I helpful. *roll eyes*

But yeah. As many of us have, I got better. I must say though, my grammar was never real horrible, which is something I'm proud of. ;D[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hey, while were on the topic of old posts and such, does anyone know the adress to Topaz's website, or if its even still up.

For those of you who remember, Topaz was an OB member a few years back who did allot of artwork for board members, mainly drawing characters for RPs.

I just wanted to know because it may still have some of my old work, which I've been trying to dig up after lossing my old computer.

Also, if anyone wants to see what a RP was really like a few years back, than just check out [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=123]THIS JEM[/URL]. It was an old RPG I did with Angel Saturn Healer, DBZman, Warlock, Gochan, and some others. It was probobly the longest RP I have ever been a part of, as this was barely half of it I think.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=navy]Lrb!! *glomps* It's been way too long, I hope you haven't forgotten me ^__^.[/color]

[color=#000080]I feel like an old member, yet I've only been here for a few years, 2 or 3 I think, compared to those who have been here since V1.[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[color=#000080]It's nice to see Braidless Baka again too.[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[color=#000080]I wish all of the old members would come back again, I remember GinnyLyn as well, she was a good RPer.[/color]
[color=#000080][/color]
[color=#000080]I wonder if everyone still remembers Final Fantastic Survivor, made by Sage. I was still quite new then but I had a lot of fun getting to know some of the other RPers.[/color]

hah! I remember Ginnylynn and Topaz actually I used to make wallpapers for her Open Legends website back when I was a semi-photoshop newb..Well compared to now I guess. This is going really back but does anyone remember the orriginal Shinji who hacked the site..unless it's the same one thats here now :-P also do people remember N-Man don't think I've seen him posting here latley either.

[SIZE=1]Yeah I remember Ginny, she made a sort of webcomic about FFSurvivor you know. I reckon that the first post I ever made was in X-men: Survivor that didn't even get off the ground. That was made by Patronus, who was going by the name of...let me think, it was before he went by Logan even. If anyone can remember I'd be greatful. Anyways, I haven't seen Patronus around here in a while, he was a good RP maker ^_~.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]It's funny because even though I don't have that much of a post count (I'm just reaching [b][COLOR=#336699]500[/b][/COLOR] posts now) I've been here quite awhile to notice people come and go who have been here shorter then me and had a higher post count. Post count is not what matters, but the quality of your posts, as I have always thought. However, it's also been because I've started college and have been busy with midterms and all kinds of fun stuff for like two months now (Whoo! yeah, right). So I've kind of lost touch with everyone who I use to talk to so I know how it feels to feel like your a newbie again even though I wasn't gone long.

By the way, welcome to OB [b][COLOR=#336699]Kanata[/COLOR][/b] even though you've visited before. I can't say that I have any embarrasing threads because I only joined on [b][COLOR=#336699]9/23/2004[/COLOR][/b] and from what I remember I first created an introduction thread which of course [i][COLOR=#336699]Panda[/i][/COLOR] closed, and I think we disagreed on some sort of topic in the past, I have no idea. All I have to say is sorry for the trouble I may have caused you in my newbie days Panda. But I like it here better then any other forum so far. [/SIZE]