Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4485[/url]

[quote]
Genres: Horror, Supernatural

Plot Summary: Among the ruins of the city, there is a game only children can play. It is called ?Otokoyo?; a game of hide-and-seek. But whenever children play this game, one by one they would disappear into the blinds of the buildings? The story begins when a boy enters the world of Otokoyo, to find his missing sister.
[/quote]

This very short 30 minute movie was on AdultSwim last night. The animation and story was really cool. The ending was creepy. It reminded me of the Matrix alot, with the [spoiler]kids powering the city [/spoiler]. I didn't find anything "scary" in the movie, just creepy. I'm really glad that AdultSwim picked it up. It shows that they can go after unusual movies like Kakurenbo. :animesmil

What do you think of Kakurenbo?
Posted
Im glad I got a chance to see this short film. It was really something new and different. The Animation was fantastic, and the story was refreshing, but I find this more of a shocker then a Horror. I mean the fact that the demons use the actualy kids who've been playing Otokoyo, [spoiler]and use them as a light source for the whole town.[/spoiler] That's not just creepy, it's damn well shocking...
Posted
I wanted more. I happend to catch the commercial yesterday night and thought it looked interesting so I watched it. I thought it was going to be a whole movie but it only took about 30 minutes!
Posted
I thought it was ok, aside from the ending it was a little boring, the setting has been used so many times as soon as I saw it, I groaned to myself. I am not a big fan of digital animation myself, but it was pretty cool.
Posted
The part of this that creeped me out the most was at the end. [spoiler]When the main guy became the person to find all of the other kids. The background that it went to with the othe guy that was taken last. His body freaked me out.[/spoiler] It was spooky looking. But, it something that would be cool to see another episode, if it were a series.
Posted
Just watched the DVD. The [i]oni[/i] designs are probably my favorite part of the production--it's really neat to see something that traditional come out so well with all-CG art. The best shot was the long pan up the tower at the very end, though.

There are a lot of extra features related to the Japanese staff, which made me happy. I especially liked the interview with the director (which was quite interesting, and oddly poignant too).

~Dagger~

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...