Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
As the "Today's Birthdays" list gets bigger and bigger, it becomes harder to suddenly realize, "Oh, it's so-and-so's birthday." And I have to confess that, at least speaking for myself, I rarely check it. Add that to a general tendency to forget about birthdays, and you have a recipe for guilt. :p

Here's my suggestion. I've been to forums where, when someone has a birthday, a icon (such as a little cake or whatever) appears in their postbit just for that day. What would y'all think of having something like that? I don't know whether it's feasible with the software we're using, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

~Dagger~
Guest kuroinuyoukai
Posted
Yeah I agree with that. There are so many members here. I look everyday but it is hard to tell who's on my buddy list and what not. How about also making something where it tells you on your buddy list if it's their birthday. I mean sometimes I might not read all the posts.

Good idea, Dagger. you are a genius! Where do you get all your ideas from? :animesmil
Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]It does sound pretty good since I always tend to look at that at some days and wondered if there would ever be someone who I semi knew to be on there. Then I always seemed to forget. I do think that would be a good idea. As for where she gets them from...Its must be from....I dont know! arg![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[color=blue]I like the idea, assuming it's something that can be implemented. And in response to kuroinuyoukai's post, I'm sure that if there's a way to add this little icon to the postbit, it can be added to the buddy list as well. That's what I'm assuming anyway. I do not fully know how this system works.[/color]
Posted
[size=1]Sounds like a very good idea, Dagger! Perhaps the person's friends could get an automated PM as well saying that it's their birthday, and to wish them well? Just a though.

Anyway, today's [i]my[/i] birthday, Dagger. Feel guilty! >:3[/size]
Posted
[quote name='Retribution][size=1]Anyway, today's [i]my[/i'] birthday, Dagger. Feel guilty! >:3[/size][/quote]
*headdesk* No way! I had no idea. This is exactly the kind of thing I meant... Well, um, happy birthday anyway. :animecry:

[quote name='kuroinuyoukai']Good idea, Dagger. you are a genius! Where do you get all your ideas from? :animesmil[/quote]
Color me flattered. But like I said in my first post, this particular idea took about as much creativity as visiting another forum and thinking, "Hm, we could try that."

~Dagger~
Posted
[COLOR=DarkOrange]I think that?s an awesome idea! ^_^ It would be great to be able to clearly see that it?s a member?s birthday. ^_^

As for the automated PM idea, well a couple of my friends here said they got an automated e-mail wishing them a Happy Birthday from OtakuBoards. Do we really need an automated PM too?
[/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]If it?s feasible I think it?s a great idea. ^_^ As for the automated PM, well I got an automated e-mail from OtakuBoards wishing me a Happy Birthday, so I?m not sure we need a PM too. ^_~[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Retribution][size=1]Perhaps the [b]person's friends[/b'] could get an automated PM as well saying that it's their birthday, and to wish them well? Just a though.[/size][/quote][color=#333333][font=trebuchet ms]AAAAAAAAAAAAAH NO!

..ahem. It's just that I don't want half the contents of my inbox to be automated "Your friend has a birthday!" messages.

I like Dag's idea, though.[/color][/font]
Posted
[quote name='Lore][color=#333333][font=trebuchet ms]..ahem. It's just that I don't want half the contents of my inbox to be automated "Your friend has a birthday!" messages.[/color'][/font][/quote] [COLOR=teal]That's one of the quirks I hate dealing with via facebook. Imagine having birthday e-mails from all online services one is on? That could drive a person crazy.

And poor, if he/she buys stuff for said friends.

Oh, and I like the idea too.[/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]That's a great idea Dagger.

I'm just wondering if it would be easy to miss the icon, and if the postbit for birthdayers could instead be coloured alternately - like blue or something, which would be a lot more obvious.[/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...