OtakuBoards

Server Problem

Derald

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Hello. Many of you know, or have at least heard of, Doomberg. Now, he has recently notified me over e-mail of a problem that arose that I have no information on. He cannot log on to Otakuboards, and every time he tries he receives a message stating that the server is too busy. So I ask, what is the problem here, and how can Doomberg once again log on?

Please help me help a friend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I don't know about the issue specifically with OtakuBoards, but I can tell you that one of our four servers has been acting up lately. I am not certain, but whenever that server acts up, OtakuBoards doesn't load for me, nor do myOtaku comments. Yet regular myOtaku pages do. So I assume that the sites encountering problems are located on the problematic server. But don't quote me on that.

I am aware, though, that we've recently taken steps to fix some issues on the problematic server. As a result, some of the bugs that were occurring in myOtaku have now been fixed. However there does still seem to be some issues with the server going down now and then.

Unfortunately I can't offer you anything more specific than that. Adam or Justin are welcome to post if they have more information. I can only tell you that we are aware of recent server troubles and we are attempting to fix the problems that have cropped up.[/font]

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium]I don't know about the issue specifically with OtakuBoards, but I can tell you that one of our four servers has been acting up lately. I am not certain, but whenever that server acts up, OtakuBoards doesn't load for me, nor do myOtaku comments. Yet regular myOtaku pages do. So I assume that the sites encountering problems are located on the problematic server. But don't quote me on that.

I am aware, though, that we've recently taken steps to fix some issues on the problematic server. As a result, some of the bugs that were occurring in myOtaku have now been fixed. However there does still seem to be some issues with the server going down now and then.

Unfortunately I can't offer you anything more specific than that. Adam or Justin are welcome to post if they have more information. I can only tell you that we are aware of recent server troubles and we are attempting to fix the problems that have cropped up.[/font][/QUOTE][COLOR=Indigo]I too have run into the error telling me that access is denied just when I attempt to pull up the log in page for myOtaku. And when I do get on it is terribly slow. For the past few days I have been unable to visit people's sites as their page and my own does not load. All I get is the background picture and nothing else. [/COLOR]

Guest kuroinuyoukai
Yesterday I had a difficult time with myOtaku site and OtakuBoards . When I tried to bring up both websites I received a "database error. Website nonexistant". After a while I finally got through and could only get to my backroom by pulling up my buudy list(Otaku.com)and trying to PM them. It seems to be doing okay today. So Doomsberg is not the only one having trouble. :animeswea

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium]I don't know about the issue specifically with OtakuBoards, but I can tell you that one of our four servers has been acting up lately. I am not certain, but whenever that server acts up, OtakuBoards doesn't load for me, nor do myOtaku comments. Yet regular myOtaku pages do. So I assume that the sites encountering problems are located on the problematic server. But don't quote me on that.

Unfortunately I can't offer you anything more specific than that. Adam or Justin are welcome to post if they have more information. I can only tell you that we are aware of recent server troubles and we are attempting to fix the problems that have cropped up.[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I am assuming that you are still having issues as the past week I get page can't be found, access denied, operation timed out, database errors, and pages that other than the background don't load. >_< I've pretty much not even bothered very much with any of the Otaku sites as they all have given me grief lately. I was finally able to do a little today, but it's still slow and pages don't want to load.

Anyway, I hope it's fixed soon. I like visiting the people here. ^_^

EDIT: I take it back as everything just started working again. ^_^[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I am assuming that you are still having issues as the past week I get page can't be found, access denied, operation timed out, database errors, and pages that other than the background don't load. >_< I've pretty much not even bothered very much with any of the Otaku sites as they all have given me grief lately. I was finally able to do a little today, but it's still slow and pages don't want to load.

Anyway, I hope it's fixed soon. I like visiting the people here. ^_^[/COLOR][/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkOrange]I logged on to post about the problem as I was having the exact same problem as SunfallE, but everything started working again, so hopefully that means everything has been fixed. ^_^
[/COLOR]

[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Well, although many of you have recently been able to successfully log on, Doomberg still hasn't been so lucky.

I sent him an e-mail yesterday telling him to try to log on. He tried, and then replied telling me that it still doesn't work for him. He tells me that whenever he conects to the site, it automatically logs him in under his profile, which doesn't work, according to him. Doomberg has tried to make a new profile to log in under, but the site always logs him in under his current, error-filled profile.

[B][U]To the administrators and site directors:[/U] Doomberg has asked if you could look at his profile and see if there's anything you can do there.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Since this thread was already here I thought I would use it to report an issue with theOtaku.com. I'm sure that you are already aware of it but I get this every time I try to go to the page:

[B]A database error has occured.

An e-mail has already been dispatched to us regarding the error and will be fixed promptly.

The error returned: An error occured while executing a query.[/B]

It was working fine earlier today so it's only been this afternoon that I've gotten this message. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]Since this thread was already here I thought I would use it to report an issue with theOtaku.com. I'm sure that you are already aware of it but I get this every time I try to go to the page:

[B]A database error has occured.

An e-mail has already been dispatched to us regarding the error and will be fixed promptly.

The error returned: An error occured while executing a query.[/B]

It was working fine earlier today so it's only been this afternoon that I've gotten this message. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]
I'm having the same problem too. I get the exact same message that SunfallE does. Anyway, I hope it's fixed soon. [/COLOR]

[quote name='dposse']it is fixed!!! ^__^[/quote][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I don't know about that. >_< theOtaku.com does load but certain things like new wallpapers and fan art that is submitted are not showing. You can put a new one in and you get the message saying it was accepted, but it doesn't show on the main page or in the wallpaper section of your myOtaku site. So I guess it's only partly fixed.[/COLOR]