OtakuBoards

25 Years Ago Today...

The Newfie

[COLOR=SeaGreen]John Lennon's life was taken by a madman with a gun. He was shot twice in the back as he left his hotel, and he died as he was rushed to the closest hospital.

Perhaps the most beloved of the Beatles, perhaps the greatest song writer in history, perhaps the most caring, peace-loving man to ever live, John Lennon was one of the most beloved people to ever live. He gave us the timeless classic 'Imagine', he was the driving force behind the bands that revolutionized the world of music.

I cried for a solid hour when I hear that John Lennon was gone.

John, we miss you.

'Da Newf

Oowatanite[/COLOR]

Guest kuroinuyoukai
I miss John Lennon too. I was 6 years old when he died but I love his music and his message. I even listen to his son Julian's music. I wish there were artists these days that were as sincere and concerned as John was. All artists these days worry about is money and fame instead of peace and love. So yeah we really miss you John...maybe he's having a jam session with George in heaven.That's cool..

[SIZE=1][QUOTE=The Newfie][COLOR=SeaGreen]Perhaps the most beloved of the Beatles, perhaps the greatest song writer in history, perhaps the most caring, peace-loving man to ever live, John Lennon was one of the most beloved people to ever live. He gave us the timeless classic 'Imagine', he was the driving force behind the bands that revolutionized the world of music.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Caring, peace-loving my butt.

The amount of anger and jealousy that man felt was phenominal. He wasn't perfect and serene, he was a regular bloke with one hell of an ego. Its not a good thing he died sure, but it isn't the travesty that everyone makes it out to be, he wasn't Ghandi for crying out loud.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Doukeshi][SIZE=1]

Caring, peace-loving my butt.

The amount of anger and jealousy that man felt was phenominal. He wasn't perfect and serene, he was a regular bloke with one hell of an ego. Its not a good thing he died sure, but it isn't the travesty that everyone makes it out to be, he wasn't Ghandi for crying out loud.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Well by the same token just about everyone has their bad qualities... for example, Gandhi was a racist. It's well documented that he didn't care for Africans very much at all. Does that mean that we should disregard every great thing that Gandhi did? Of course not. But I think that people should be more aware of things before they deify people (not that you were doing that with Gandhi, but just in general).

I wouldn't put John Lennon on the same level with Gandhi at all, but he was a pretty influential person. At the same time, as Doukeshi pointed out, he had his faults just like any other person. :)