vegeta rocker Posted December 18, 2005 Posted December 18, 2005 [CENTER] [B]Girls[/B] [/CENTER] Their scent floats on the air like bees flitting over blossums and threatening their sting when you venture too close yellow straw dripping with honey in the bright summer sun alive, so very alive an outstretched hand slapped back and bent held fast by stern glares of acceptance forget me not their lips coo like a gentle breathe of rain too warm to be dead but oh so very quiet for life pressed lips and thin cotton is all that remains of them like living scrapbooks thin cloth pressed against thick paper in these memories they dance and turn their heads for their tears would stain the roses
echoavalon Posted December 20, 2005 Posted December 20, 2005 Not bad I wrote a poem similar to this one titled Woman. I think this a very good piece of writing and I applaud you for your gift.
Mitch Posted January 4, 2006 Posted January 4, 2006 Beautiful. The poem was just that more effective because of the way you broke the lines so that you kind of stumbled over them, which gave you the feeling of "flitting over blossums." And the ending was beautiful. As far as what I can say for improvement...not much, personally. I love each and every line and word the way it is. The title, though, is lacking, I think. I would either change it or just get rid of it altogether...I think this is my favorite of yours now.
2010DigitalBoy Posted January 5, 2006 Posted January 5, 2006 That was simply b-e-a-utiful, and I love it! Great sense of imagery, perfectly crafted similies and metaphors and just an all around good piece. Simply brilliant.
vegeta rocker Posted January 9, 2006 Author Posted January 9, 2006 I am glad it is well liked, but as for a better title i am a bit stumped. hmmmmm i would be open to suggestions.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now