OtakuBoards

Anime AfterSchool

Queen Asuka

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]Has anyone ever had like an anime club afterschool where people got together and watched a series and just had a discussion about it? Because I had the idea to do it, but if anyone ever has, can you give me some input? [/B][/QUOTE]

I have one, but it's called the Japanese Club. We planning a trip to a upcoming con soon.

We have a Club(in school) called Anime Club...... Basically we are making an anime Comic Strip, Its pretty fresh we mostly talk to each other about anime, learn some pretty cool stuff, and lend each others movies or CD's .... Our comic kicks ***.... the graphics are pretty amazing.. we have pretty talented people in our club.....

:naughty: :demon: Peace!!:mrt: :smirk: :therock:

Well when I lived in Vegas last year (utter hell), one of the (extremely few) good points was the anime club. It only had about 20 people, which were probably the only people in the entire 2500-populated school who liked anime >=(. Blah enough Vegas-bashing, heh I could go on about THAT forever, anyway it was pretty cool. We tried to do a comic-type thing, and 18 people could draw very well (other 2 were my friend and I, heh we suck), but it didn't gain enough interest for everyone to wholey support it. Most of the time we would go in afterschool and people would see who brought what anime and we'd watch it. We saw some stuff like ranma...uh...patlabor, cowboy bebop, some trigun, etc. A FEW times we had stuff actually planned out, my favorite was when my friend brought his dreamcast and we played marvel vs. capcom2, heh one time someone brought DDr, but my friend and I left and went to his house...to play m vs. c2 of course =P. Some people tried to start one at my school this year (in Burbank, not crappy-Vegas, oops), but they couldn't find a teacher to sponsor the club ><. What a letdown huh? Oh well, my school's so overrun w/ people who think they're anime-niacs that the club would be too overnewbied. Heh I swear I see at least 10 people wearing DBZ shirts a day, and I bet they don't even know that there's more movies besides the 3 they show on Cartoon Network, and that "the other dimension" is really hell, still, it would've been helpful in finding other anime-fans who I could trade anime w/ =\

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i]
[B]Oh well, my school's so overrun w/ people who think they're anime-niacs that the club would be too overnewbied. Heh I swear I see at least 10 people wearing DBZ shirts a day, and I bet they don't even know that there's more movies besides the 3 they show on Cartoon Network, and that "the other dimension" is really hell, still, it would've been helpful in finding other anime-fans who I could trade anime w/ =\ [/B][/QUOTE]

you're school sounds like mine! lol Though, my friends that are anime fans actually know about animes..lol :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mztik_Gohan10 [/i]
[B]No,they dont even know what anime is. [/B][/QUOTE]

That sounds like my school. My english teacher likes Anime(I dunno why) and he started this Anime Club which was shut down because no one ever came to any of its meetings! :wigout:

That's so neat. I wish I could have a club at my school. Where I go, we have "Club days" once a month, but they're only clubs like Origami and rocket club. Stuff like that. Only the teachers can start them, then people would have to send in application for it. It's so dumb. No good clubs. Even if I somehow did start an Anime club, there are like 5 people that like it. Every else acts like they diss it, when I know there are some *secret* fans.:shifty: lol. They're so dumb. But they never go to anime outside Cartoon Network anyways, so...... Oh well. Maybe one day.....