OtakuBoards

Science Fair: HELP!!!!

Guest Pyromaniac

Guest Pyromaniac
Would someone on here know of science fair prodjects done with soap? My priject is "Which brand of soap kills bacteria better?" And, well, i cant find squat about it!! Someone, plz help me!!:help:

Ok, I live in England so we don't do Science fairs, but what I'd suggest is to either write a letter to a brand company and ask(bad idea though, they'll probably just say it's theirs for the sake of it) or get some advice and do a survey, that'd be effective.

Guest Pyromaniac
[QUOTE]Ok, I live in England so we don't do Science fairs, but what I'd suggest is to either write a letter to a brand company and ask(bad idea though, they'll probably just say it's theirs for the sake of it) or get some advice and do a survey, that'd be effective.[/QUOTE] No science fairs?!? NO SCIENCE FAIRS?!?!?!? YOU LUCKY MOTHER....*starts cussing uncontrollably, even though he's in a library* :cussing: :cussing: :flaming: :cussing: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pyromaniac [/i]
[B] No science fairs?!? NO SCIENCE FAIRS?!?!?!? YOU LUCKY MOTHER....*starts cussing uncontrollably, even though he's in a library* :cussing: :cussing: :flaming: :cussing: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]
You sure know how to swear, my boy.

i know of a good one u could compare different kinds of soaps and ingreadents and then make a big graph about which soap cleans best and why (or thatz what i would do)

other ideas:
1.do thae same kind of graph about how a ball bounces
3.how 3-d is made
(there are some 2 get u started) no wonder i get A's in science LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]ukilalie. [/B][/QUOTE]
*laughs in a sincere way*ukulele.

how about you do a project on "How often do people at my school wash their hands after they use the bathroom"

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pyromaniac [/i]
[B] No science fairs?!? NO SCIENCE FAIRS?!?!?!? YOU LUCKY MOTHER....*starts cussing uncontrollably, even though he's in a library* :cussing: :cussing: :flaming: :cussing: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]
Hey chill. ..... just kidding.:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i]
[B]
Hey chill. ..... just kidding.:D [/B][/QUOTE]

no you werent.
Same with me im in the uk so we dont have science fairs. Ive no idea how youre gonna make anything sciency from soap, and i do phys+biochem at uni. all i know is how to make soap (vaguely)... and bombs :D not that i do that kind of thing :angel:

eh...i have science fair too....i have no idea what to do and frankly i don't care about winning...i'll drop an egg off a roof and say WALLAH gravity -.- how original...or maybe sumthing on radiation...who cares...its stupid anyways.....

Guest DrunkenMaster88
I've got an idea for ur *****...

:lecture: well

y don't u try to find out which meterial of foldable objects flies better in one single paper airplane design :lecture: :lecture:

So if u don't like that idea then i'll kick ur *** cause i know where u live and we go to the same school together so don't forget that :rotflmao: :rotflmao: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:cussing: :cussing: INGREAT!!!:eek: :eek: *stops yelling and walks off quietly for no reason*

Ok so I've thought about it some more since the message I sent you and this is probably the best way to do it - as long as you can use live bacteria otherwise.......well......*shrugs* I don't know how they expect you to do it.

You need to culture some common skin bacteria on nutrient agar plates- info on how to do this should be on most microbiology sites or on-line journals - and incubate them for a couple of days till you get some colonies growing.

Next you need to make up some soap solutions for each of the soaps you are testing. For each one equal ammounts of soap by weight and equal ammounts of water by volume. You might want to use diffefnt concentrations of soap and you will need a control solution of plain water as well.

When your plates are incubated you will be able to see the bacterial colonies on them they should look *misty*with some visible circular patches. Into each plate make about 3 wells and fill with a small amount of the solution - only the same solution on each plate - and incubate for a couple more days.

When you take the plates out you should - hopefully:D - see clear areas around the wells of soap where the bacteria have been killed. Measure the diameter of these for each solution and the controll where nothing should have happened and take a mean average, and the solution that produces the largest clear areas is the best at killing bacteria.

Simple :genius: ;) :D

[color=indigo]Uhm...what kind of soap are you trying to compare and on what kind of level? Regardless it will be a tricky experiment to do. [b]you should just do the glowing pickle experiment. This experiment shows how sodium ions conduct electricity. Run an electrical current, I am not sure how strong off the top of my head, through a large dill pickle and it will glow, it looks pretty nifty[/b][/color]:genius:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DrunkenMaster88 [/i]
[B]

y don't u try to find out which meterial of foldable objects flies better in one single paper airplane design :lecture: :lecture:

So if u don't like that idea then i'll kick ur *** cause i know where u live and we go to the same school together so don't forget that :rotflmao: :rotflmao: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:cussing: :cussing: INGREAT!!!:eek: :eek: *stops yelling and walks off quietly for no reason* [/B][/QUOTE]

yes...... is soap a foldable object? No? then what does this have to do with soap?