OtakuBoards

has anybody had a similar dream?

Heaven's Cloud

Well, it could signify a war like people coming towards this world, or that a giant meteor is going to strike near your house. Or, u could just be crazy. But I'm sure some people will have different veiws on your dreams. How big was the meteor?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]Well, it could signify a war like people coming towards this world, or that a giant meteor is going to strike near your house. Or, u could just be crazy. But I'm sure some people will have different veiws on your dreams. How big was the meteor? [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmm....thats quite hard to say but I would guess sort of tower block size, like council flats about 10 storeys, but it was hard to see. The smoke and flames were billowing off it and it had got really dark, it really lit up the sky (don't mind the wordyness I'm just trying to make it as vivid for you as it was for me, I was shaken for a couple of days afterwards) and the noise was intense and the heat and the pain.........do you think I'm crazy?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Videl~ [/i]
[B]

Hmm....thats quite hard to say but I would guess sort of tower block size, like council flats about 10 storeys, but it was hard to see. The smoke and flames were billowing off it and it had got really dark, it really lit up the sky (don't mind the wordyness I'm just trying to make it as vivid for you as it was for me, I was shaken for a couple of days afterwards) and the noise was intense and the heat and the pain.........do you think I'm crazy? [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm..... Nope, in truth, there are over 1000 astoriods that we know of that could cause enough damage to wipe out life off the face of this planet within a matter of years after impact! But since budget cuts have been going on in NASA, and they get only like $4 billion, from last I heard, thats only enough to watch 4% of space around the world. They can miss one, in space, things will looks smaller then what they seem. Not to alarm any of u, this is just what I get from my contacts. And yes, NASA does get $4 Billion from the last I've heard, cause one of my friends father works for NASA, his grandparents live up by me. He says that his dad says that NASA is only getting $4 billion a year. That was last summer, it could have changed. But I do believe that if u have a telescope, u should be keeping a eye on the sky, where ever u are!

I'm glad you don't think I'm crazy Akito. But didn't you know, we had a near miss with a "dinosaur killer" sized meteor a few years ago. You must have seen it, there were graphics of this great dumbell shaped thing all over the news, and it only missed us by about a million miles. Sounds huge you say, but as you probably know, thats nothing in terms on interstellar distances. And it does strike me as odd as well that the last couple of years have seen this sudden rush to search for near earth meteors....but maybe I'm just paranoid;) as well as crazy:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Videl~ [/i]
[B]I'm glad you don't think I'm crazy Akito. But didn't you know, we had a near miss with a "dinosaur killer" sized meteor a few years ago. You must have seen it, there were graphics of this great dumbell shaped thing all over the news, and it only missed us by about a million miles. Sounds huge you say, but as you probably know, thats nothing in terms on interstellar distances. And it does strike me as odd as well that the last couple of years have seen this sudden rush to search for near earth meteors....but maybe I'm just paranoid;) as well as crazy:D [/B][/QUOTE]

I knew bout that, but wasn't worried. I trust the NASA ppl more then I trust my local Weather men! They said that it would be like a million or so miles away from the earth, so, I took their word, and didn't panic. Of course, many ppl did panic, my dad didn't, because he was workin with the pentagon back then, and everyone was kept up to date about it!

I had a dream that i was a SSJ, and i was fighting someone flying, energy blasts, it was cool. But when the oppenent struck me to the ground. I actually fell off my bed and landed hard on the ground. Maybe i have been watching too much DBZ...

* takes asprin *

:alcohol:

I've had the flying dream...but I like them. But lately for like the past two weeks, I've had nightmares every single night. And during the summer it was the same way, too. Is something wrong with me? I mean, it's scary to wake up every morning with that horrible feeling of dread. And in every one it always seems that someone close to me dies. It's so scary.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B]I've had the flying dream...but I like them. But lately for like the past two weeks, I've had nightmares every single night. And during the summer it was the same way, too. Is something wrong with me? I mean, it's scary to wake up every morning with that horrible feeling of dread. And in every one it always seems that someone close to me dies. It's so scary. [/B][/QUOTE]

Nightmares are horrible!! I have them too, not very often but when I do it terrifies me. But don't despair, dreaming of someone close to you dying is a good thing :eek: , yes really. It signifies good fortune, some people say for you, and some for the person in the dream, it may be scary but really it is good.

Asuka::therock:

No honestly it does. Either that or if you lean towards psychology it is a sign of anxiety and felling out of controll of you life. For you, I hope it's the first one :)

Why do people fear death? I mean, just the thought of dieing to most make them run like lil girls(no offense to u gals, just tryin to point out somethin). Death is the final test all beings must take, everything dies, eventually, and when it does, it is the best thing that will happen to you! Think about it, if we all lived forever, then many people's pain and suffering would never go away! Death is the final escape from life. Fearing it, will only make ur life worse.

i'm a little late in the discussion but anywho.......my brother had a dream when he was 8 that he was in a box floating in the middle of the ocean...and the box started leaking...and sinking...and he woke up and had wet the bed:laugh:
um...ok, hehe
and for those of you wo sad u can't die in a dream? hehe...i have....i was in a fight with a friend of mine and dreampt that he took a gun and shot me...i was dead x.X
and for some reason...some of the dreams i have relate to events that happen in the future...freaky...2 nights before my mom died i had a dream that i had a dream that my favorite childhood tree to climb was cut down and i cried which somewhat has something to do with loosing something you love, then my mom died and i sorta associated the dream and her death...freaky:wow:
another freaky thing is, i used to have nightmares all the time when i was little...then one day i was in a dream and was being chased by a killer, then i suddenly stopped and turned around and said "i'm dreaming...i shouldn't be afraid...ur not rea" and the killer dissapeared and from then on, i knew when i was in a dreamand was fearless

lately, I've been having a dream where I'm falling down from the sky, and it's dark, down down down through a city, down the tall towers, lights flashing past me, then I hit the ground, and I'm laying there.........

and the wierd thing is, I wake up, and I'm all hurt from the dream, I have a twisted ankle, a twisted arm, a headache, a sore neck, a big lump on my head, and a bruised leg.........

very wierd, I must say......

and this other one I had was where I was in the car, and someone appeared out of nowhere, he was just looking in through the window.He was looking at me in the eyes, and I saw his eyes were just dark, dark so you couldn't see them.He took out a gun, and shot me in the head.Then the last thing I saw int hat dream was a hand, full of blood, sliding down the window, from inside the car.........

so, I've died in a dream.....

and come to think of it, did you know that dreams only lasted 2 seconds, and they occur just before you wake up! and psyciotrists say that if you have a dream where where you die in it, it is more than likely that you will die, in real life, in your sleep, that night.....!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ3 Trunks [/i]
[B]They say when you dream and the dream is about you getting hurt then you will be hurt when you wake up because your brain is sending the things we feel in the dream to our body. So if you dream you get hit in the head you might wake up with a headache. [/B][/QUOTE]
That's exactly what happen to me. My head and my teeth hurt after I woke up from a bad dream. I bit my teeth together during the dream.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssj chic [/i]
[B]i'm a little late in the discussion but anywho.......my brother had a dream when he was 8 that he was in a box floating in the middle of the ocean...and the box started leaking...and sinking...and he woke up and had wet the bed:laugh:
[/B][/QUOTE]

okay, this is embarassing but i might as well tell it. when i was nine, i was lying in my brother's bed. i had a dream that i was on the toilet. then suddenly i woke up & i was actually peeing. my brother nearly killed me & he made me switch matresses w/ him. LOL

[quote] [i]originally posted by SSJ3 Trunks[/i] We should all get drunk and pass out that way our dreams won't bother us, even if it is for a little bit. [/quote]

I got really drunk last night but I had the same flying dream, different situation though, so I can't remember what I did last night but I can remember my dream.