OtakuBoards

has anybody had a similar dream?

Heaven's Cloud

[color=indigo][b]I have been having this weird occuring dream that I can fly...sort of. In the dream I will be flying well and then it seems that I come to a realization that I am flying or Gravity is effecting me and I just plummet. I still have control over the fall, I am just not hurt or anyhing. It is a weird dream and I keep having it over and over. Maybe I am just watching to much anime. Has anyone else had weird flying dreams or will anyone give me some sort of interpretaion?[/b][/color]:nervous: :worried:

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I had (as in used to have) a few dreams like that. For me, flying was a sort of skill that I developed, and it was a strain for me to fly. I not only had to concentrate to do it, but I also had to exert a lot of energy to maintain my flight. Also, it wasn't really so much of flying as it was gliding at high speeds. Ok, maybe it was a mix between the two.

Still though, I can not ever remember totally losing the ability to fly, but I couldn't really keep it up for two long, and at that time, I either woke up, or would just stop dreaming. . wierd, no? ^_^[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I not only had to concentrate to do it, but I also had to exert a lot of energy to maintain my flight. [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]My dreams used to be the same way! I only had them when I was younger, and the one I remember most clearly is where I had two Crayola markers, one in each hand, and I had to use those to help push me up into the air, and fly over my garage.

Sometimes while dreaming, I would want to fly but my body in the dream wouldn't do it.

I don't have flying dreams any more :([/color]

Ehhhhh.....I havent had that dream before...But last nights one was pretty weird...

I snuck out of school at break-time (or recess to some ppl) and went home, then i saw a giant backpack and my mum said it had my lunch in it. suddenly, my shoes came off, and i looked at the clock: IM LATE FOR MY LESSONS! I suddenly tied up the laces of my shoes and i appear at a chair in my living room! and...my shoes are off again -_- so then i keep putting them on and they keep coming off and whooooaaaaaaaaaaaaa then i woke up :D

i saw on my clock it was 5:00am so i went back to sleep and had a dream about gundam wing! :D

I have loads of weird dreams, but never one about flying...:blulaugh:

I dream about flying lots. When I was little I used to dream I could fly, but only if I concentrated really hard and made the dream change from real life to animation (I've always been an anime fan;) ). My strangest flying dream was when I moved to a new house, I dreamed I was flying over all the fields and farms out the back of me. A couple of days later me and a mate went to check it out and it was exactly like I dreamed. Weired huh?

[SIZE=1]I used to have a dream that happened story-like, where me and a few of my friends were gargoyles, and could glide on air currents and stuff. It was weird because there was an actual story to it, and it carried on a little bit every night for about a week, then it stopped, then my friend said he started having 'em and then it stopped completely, it was weird :freak:

Though the reason people usually wake up before they hit the ground in falling dreams, or if they do they don't get hurt, is because the person has a strong will to live. You're not supposed to die in dreams, I don't think anyone ever has.

So my theory is that if you die in your dream you die in real life. Sadly enough, it will forever remain a theory because we can never know if that's true, because if a person dies in their dream and that makes them die, we won't know because they're dead. Another idea of mine is that dreams play off every part of the person they belong to, that's why if people have a dream where maybe they get shot in the stomach and wake up, they're stomach hurts. These are all just theories of mine, I find dreams very intriguing :genius:[/SIZE]

[quote]Also, it wasn't really so much of flying
as it was gliding at high speeds. Ok, maybe it was a mix between the two.--NorykoAngelcry[/quote]

Now that I think of it, my dream did have kind of the feeling of gliding more then flying. It isn't an unpleasent dream, it is just that I have it often, weird,huh?:wigout:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]
So my theory is that if you die in your dream you die in real life. Sadly enough, it will forever remain a theory because we can never know if that's true, because if a person dies in their dream and that makes them die, we won't know because they're dead. [/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

not true to me, i've died in dreams loads of times & i'm still here. :)

i dream of flying fairly often, but it's never very fun. usually i'm being attacked by something, or some other desperate situation, & i have to fly to get away. i'm only able to maintain an altitude where i'm just above the reach of whatever's trying to kill me. if i try to go higher, i can't. i just float there. sometimes i can fly away, sometimes not.

Guest Master O Beans
Yeah - I have attended my own funeral before in dreams, so that's kinda weird. But that was a really weird dream, becasue I was still interacting with people...so...erm, yeah...:wigout: :rotflmao:

once i had a dream about me and a dbz guy. so heres how it goes. he strips to nothing but his boxers then my alarm clock wakes me an i broke it! i've also had dreams of flying. its like im a dbz charecter or some thing. i dunno. ive also had a dream where i was climbing a stair case that went on for ever and i fell of but i woke up be fore i hit the ground. i beleive that if you die in dreams that you have a case of low self esteem. no offense to others thats just what i beleive! ive never died in my dreams before...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wolf masteres [/i]
[B]i beleive that if you die in dreams that you have a case of low self esteem. [/B][/QUOTE]

that could be true. in my case, i started having the dreams right after my dad said to me "no one gives a damn whether you live or die" so i think that's probably it. screw 'em!

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]You know, I don't think I have ever actually DIED in my dreams. . . I know that I have been stabbed or fallen of high areas, but I always manage to wake up before I 'KNOW' that I am dead. . as for self esteem - I suppose I DO have low self-esteem, but I don't know that it has anything to do with anything.

As for flying, as Lady M said - I can never really fly to great hieghts, and it is always to try and escape someone or something that is chasing me (I just remembered after what she said). It is wierd, cause I will go up, then sort of glide back down, and ALMOST get hit or caught, or swallowed, or cut, or (drifting, sorry), but then I will fly/float right back up out of harms way.

*listens to scary music play* Wierd~
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well, it's very interesting, although most of my dreams don't deal with flying. But I can possibly give u answer to why this happens. Have you heard that some people think that when you dream, your soul leaves your body and flies around through time, it explains why some ppl can see the future through their dreams. It's believed among some people in South America that the Witch Doctors, as we call them, who are called Shamen by their people, soul's leave their body and go to the other world. Some unexperienced Shamen use drugs to induce a sleep like state to have their souls leave their body, and some of the more experienced shamens do not require it. But it's evidently real, for a few shamens in the past, in other tribes, have predicted the downfall of the Aztec Empire and the Inca Empire by white men with beards with weapons that shot fire out of barrels. But, back on topic, basically when you dream, your soul leaves ur body, and flies around, sometimes going into the future, and sometimes going into the past. Thats how some repressed memories come back to you, and thats how I know my mid terms would be good, hehe.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]Well, it's very interesting, although most of my dreams don't deal with flying. But I can possibly give u answer to why this happens. Have you heard that some people think that when you dream, your soul leaves your body and flies around through time, it explains why some ppl can see the future through their dreams. It's believed among some people in South America that the Witch Doctors, as we call them, who are called Shamen by their people, soul's leave their body and go to the other world. Some unexperienced Shamen use drugs to induce a sleep like state to have their souls leave their body, and some of the more experienced shamens do not require it. But it's evidently real, for a few shamens in the past, in other tribes, have predicted the downfall of the Aztec Empire and the Inca Empire by white men with beards with weapons that shot fire out of barrels. But, back on topic, basically when you dream, your soul leaves ur body, and flies around, sometimes going into the future, and sometimes going into the past. Thats how some repressed memories come back to you, and thats how I know my mid terms would be good, hehe. [/B][/QUOTE]

In that case pack your bags and head for the hills coz for the last five years I've been dreaming of the end of the world. No, really I have. Your theory would explain how I knew how my new village looked, but I hope it's not true or we're all gonna die :eek: ;) :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Videl~ [/i]
[B]

In that case pack your bags and head for the hills coz for the last five years I've been dreaming of the end of the world. No, really I have. Your theory would explain how I knew how my new village looked, but I hope it's not true or we're all gonna die :eek: ;) :D [/B][/QUOTE]

It's not really mine, it's a old theory I dug up on doin some research bout dreams last summer, i thought it was pretty interesting. Anyways, when does the world end?

I forgot to mention that dreams can mean several different things then u can think of! Email me a description of the dream Videl, and I'll send u a list of possible things it could mean, if I can get anything else out of the world being destroyed. U should also go see someone like, a Shamen, they can tell u what dreams could mean, not what u just think of.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]

It's not really mine, it's a old theory I dug up on doin some research bout dreams last summer, i thought it was pretty interesting. Anyways, when does the world end? [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know a date. Mostly i dream of just standing one day in the rubble of my street and all my friends and family are dead. I usually wander about for a bit, sometimes I do the stuff that i've always wanted to do like wearing all the expensive clothes I could never afford, but then the emptiness kicks in and once I even killed mysely. Recently it has been more disturbing. I dreamed of this huge flaming meteor crashing though the sky outside my house. There were flames everywhere and smoke, the sky was dark and the groung was shaking. I could feel the heat and little bits of rock hitting me (I have really vivid dreams) Then it hit and boom.........I woke up. Will the world really end......What does this mean?........probably that I'm messed up a really unique way. And either way we'll probably never know.......... :D

Ooops posted this before I saw your last post....must.....type faster.....:D