OtakuBoards

subject matter

mechaman

Its good to hear that more than just one person has read a book. It was just a little weird to hear about GW all the time and nothing else. I'm still getting into the gundam world, so I don't have much to base my opinions on, I really like MS:GW so far. GW, although entertaining, just doesn't hit the spot for me. I guess I am entitled to be different though, I was intriduced to Gundam by playing a StarCraft UMS.

Well most people talk about Gundam Wing because it is the for some reason the coolist series and like one of the last in the Gundam saga.

I don't really read manga.

[SIZE=1]Magna is so expensive where I live that I can't afford to purchase a whole series. I like the other Gundam series (at least the ones I have seen, basically everything on toonami) but it seems that everyone here likes Gundam Wing the best because it is fairly simple to follow and there seems to be the most merchandise about it.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mechaman [/i]
[B]BTW-How do you pronounce manga, does anyone know?
Is is main-juh, or main-guh, or man-guh? Just wondering. [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I call it Main-guh. But I only call it that because my friend made a big deal about it when i used to call it Man-ga.[/SIZE]

hmm when it comes to gundam i have read a couple mangas mainly the 2 that i have found here and a couple comic books about gw.the 2 manga i read were nice if my memory serves me right{never does}it was ms gundam i can't be sure thought it was harshly severed from any shows i have seen

I have quite a few of the manga's, lets see, 0080, 0079, mobile suit gundam, a few more I think, and yes, gundam wing....

and before you laugh, I only brought the gundam wing manga because its got a cool "go domon" comic strip at the back, which has funnies involving characters from G gundam....

Because you are the supreme master of all that is anime, I ask you this: How do you pronounce the word Manga? Few seem to know.

GW is pretty cool its just not the best I think. Getting information one some of the other Gundams is pretty hard. I think that most people don't realize that there are other Gundams and that they are pretty good. They jsut need more publicity that's all. MS:G rocks.

Thanks

P.S. Cool new e-mail Seph.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mechaman [/i]
[B]Does anyone talk about any of the Gundams other than Gundam Wing? Also everyone talks about just watching the shows and movies. Does anyone, except Sephiroth, read the mangas or how about any of the books? [/B][/QUOTE]

Unfortunatly, I have no means with which to get the mangas, since i cant find any place which sells them. And personally, I have grown to dislike G wing. My personal fav series is Stardust Memory and 0080, since I love the unique suits in those, especially some of the custom Zakus and Domes.