OtakuBoards

Why do Super Saiyans have yellow spikey hair?

Fall

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B]Okay, we've covered the gold reasons, but why is their hair spikey? Personally, I think it's just to keep it out of there eyes when they're fighting, but I'm probably wrong. [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought manga hair was generally spiky anyway- its just less noticable in the black hair cos u cant see the black lines round the edges of the hair. or maybe i'm wrong, but if it was to keep it out of their eyes when fighting, then why only as a super saiyan. I think that if the hair is any more spiky than before, then its probably just another sign of power in anime shows. Is it the same in any others?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]Well, why do they? I've always wondered that, and every time I try to come up with an answer, I can't. Does anyone else have an answer to this mystery? [/B][/QUOTE]

I think it's a sign of the Saiyans true ferocity and power, and how intimidating they look when the transformation occurs.:smirk:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]After much deliberation with about 40 people a couple of months ago, we came up with the fact that the hair is used to store the energy that is produced, the more energy, the longer the hair. SSJ4...... Red Fur maybe.... But Akira Toriyama didn't help in the DBGT series did he? Maybe he came up with the "Store power in the hair" theory[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

*looks at elite dbz* now there's a true dbz obsessor.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B]Okay, we've covered the gold reasons, but why is their hair spikey? Personally, I think it's just to keep it out of there eyes when they're fighting, but I'm probably wrong. [/B][/QUOTE]

you know those metal balls at the science museum that make your hair stick up whenever you touch it? well, electricity is a form of energy, right? it's probably the same type of thing.

since we're kind of on the subject, i just love it when trunks has his hair in a ponytail & he goes ssj. his bangs are sticking all up & he looks sooooo sexy!!!

[size=1][b] I know i'm going off topic but what is with chicks and anime guys!? You people do know they are drawn correct? They aren't real.[/size][/b]

Guest Altron Gundam
The bottom line for all this stuff is...

because it is ONLY an anime series.....

The hair is gold is SSJ1-3 because

AKIRA SAID SO!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

Damn... and I just had my hair cut... I could have let it grow and get a job as a 12V battery. [/B][/QUOTE]

you are an idiot, my friend. I would've became a 240V battery. ......hehe

you are both fools. I would put a 360V battery in my harry potter hair-do. now that would be scary! *Get's an idea and draws harry potter as SSJ1* .....Scary. :D

[b]What's wrong with power in hair? (even though it sounds supersilly)
Ever heard of Samson and Delilah? (coz I haven't :p)

Anyway...I think it's because their bodies can't handle so much free energy, and their eyes and hair short-fuse, and temporarily overload...
and when they're SSJ4, maybe their body has gotten used to the power-jump?!
Aw heck screw it...
as for the spikey hair...you tell me now...who in the blue hell would want to see SSJ Goku without spikey hair? Huh?
/Me rests case..

[u]Conclusion[/u]
Gold looks good, so does spikey, yadda yadda yadda..
Super Saiya-jins would not look right with pink hair, cream eyes, and wetty downward hair[/b]

I reakon the hair goes up becuase it's like a stream line, with the power and all. Because when they power up, their hair spikes and waves, Soooo... their hair turns yellow, to show change, and then because of all the power it spikes up. Plus it makes it looks awesome. :-P

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyaman [/i]
[B][size=1][b] I know i'm going off topic but what is with chicks and anime guys!? You people do know they are drawn correct? They aren't real.[/size][/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

well, you asked, so i guess i'll answer, even though it's technically spam...

they represent a fantasy. okay, i obsess about vegeta. there's no real man like him. it's basically the same as having a crush on a movie character or something. it's all fake, but they're made sexually appealing on purpose.

& it isn't just chicks. my brother drools constantly over lara croft & sarah from witchblade... & why do you think there's so much hentai out there? you never find a character w/ stretch marks or zits, either.

The Saiyan power comes to a response for a need. The reason they have blonde hair is cos they dont have tails, so the blonde hair is a reaction. I SSJ4, this is the true Super Saiyan (which is why they have tails and black hair - cos almost all saiyans have black hair.)

The hair just rises cos there's sooo much power inside of them!

heres my theory on spikey and golden hair..;..

u know when they turn ssj their energy is like electricity right...
well if you grab onto an electricall wire WONT UR HAIR STAND UP ON END!!!

and as for the golden hair i think its because the yellow energy they bring out turns it yellow.

as for ssj4... there power is like a black hole.. no light escapes them except when they release it so their hair stays black n red.

so whatcha think on tha theory???

[B]Yes I know you all think that my theory is incredibly weird but think about it for a moment, their bodies wouldn't be able to cope with that much pure energy, so it would be wasted, so where else to store it?! That also explains why the SSJ hair gets longer each SSJ level. Oh and as for the spiky hair, how would you feel if you had 3ft of hair that always grows back if you cut it off hanging over your face when you were fighting?! I rest my case * Rests briefcase*[/B]