Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Riddles: Care to solve?


Recommended Posts

Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
Hey anyway didnt see a forum on riddles so I thought I would just start one anyway ill go first.

The one who makes it sells it.
The one who buys it doesn't use it.
The one who's using it doesn't know he's using it.
What is it.

Ill give away the anser later today so hurry and post.
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Ummm....I'm gonna guess a coffin? Dunno exactly, but it seems like tha right answer.... You make a coffin to sell(though I suppose you could be a coffin maker reaching the end of your life...), you buy a coffin for someone else (hopefully you aren't that sure of your own death), and of course, the person using the coffin doesn't know they're using it cause they are dead....

??? That made more sense in my head.
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[QUOTE=thezerosystem]Ummm....I'm gonna guess a coffin? Dunno exactly, but it seems like tha right answer.... You make a coffin to sell(though I suppose you could be a coffin maker reaching the end of your life...), you buy a coffin for someone else (hopefully you aren't that sure of your own death), and of course, the person using the coffin doesn't know they're using it cause they are dead....

??? That made more sense in my head.[/QUOTE]

Your right great job.do you have a riddle you'd like to share? :p
Posted
[size=1]There is a seven-letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters. What is the word?[/size]
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[quote name='Corey][size=1']There is a seven-letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters. What is the word?[/size][/quote]

this is just a guess but could it be SEVENTH

THEN
SEVEN
TEN
HE
SHE
VENT
NET
TENT
SENT
SEE
EVEN

or did you mean as in the letters are in order?

if it is right heres one.a horse is tied t a 10ft rope and there is a bail of hay 40ft away yet the horse is able to eat the hay how is this possible? :D
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Pink][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Well since my english is atrocious I can't answer the english word riddle. Yet I think I have a clue to the horse riddle. It might not be the correct answer yet it is logical:

The horse is tied to the rope yet the rope is no tied to an unmovable object. If the rope was tied to an unmovable object it would anchor the horse so it won't be able to move more than 10ft. Also it is poissible the rope is cut...

I highly doubt I'm right! I'm horrible at riddles, have no thinking power >.>[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='D. Resurrected']is tied t a 10ft rope and there is a bail of hay 40ft away yet the horse is able to eat the hay how is this possible? :D[/quote]
[size=1]The Horse is tied to the rope, but the rope isn't tied to anything.
And the answer to mine is Therein.
[b]therein, herein, there, rein, her, here, ere, the, he, in, re[/b][/size]
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
hhmm very interesting well my guess is fire just a guess though .

p.s. therein wow amazing very good riddle :animesmil

ok everyone here is my favorit rittle and possible one of the hardest riddles ever.Here it is enjoy :D

"Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is."
Posted
[COLOR=Indigo]The answer is: language

Okay, there's this old lady, she was driving on a country side, where there's no light in the light poles, and no stars and moon. Suddenly, a Dog ran down the road towards the old lady, the old lady stopped the car immdetialy... how did the old lady see the dog, while there's no light poles, and no stars, and moon, and the light from her car? [/COLOR]
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[QUOTE=Sui Generis][COLOR=Indigo]The answer is: language

Okay, there's this old lady, she was driving on a country side, where there's no light in the light poles, and no stars and moon. Suddenly, a Dog ran down the road towards the old lady, the old lady stopped the car immdetialy... how did the old lady see the dog, while there's no light poles, and no stars, and moon, and the light from her car? [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

becouse it was day time good riddle.bye the way very nice job on mine I am astonished how fast some one got that good job. :animesmil

heres one.What runs but never walks.What has a mouth but never talks.
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[quote name='rAphaEl']Hey? How could that -GRY riddle's answer'd be language? Language ends with -age not -gry.....[/quote]

becouse the riddle is misleading.here let me show you the key points in the riddle.

There are only three words in{the English language}. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is."

the gry part is just there to misslead you.there are three words in { the English
Language}

see it now :animesmil
Posted
:animeblus Oww, I see..... :animeblus

Alright here's my riddle:
The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place.

What is it?
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[QUOTE=rAphaEl]:animeblus Oww, I see..... :animeblus

Alright here's my riddle:
The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place.

What is it?[/QUOTE]
ooow this one made me think for a while.but I realized how simple it was.The anser is E.
am I right.If I am heres one.

What row of numbers comes next?
This is a tough one!
1
11
21
1211
111221
312211
13112221

Enjoy :D
Posted
You're right D., the answer's E.....

As for your riddle........

My guess: 1113212221

or

1113312221

(I got another riddle but I think I'll post it until I get your riddle right.....my head's nearly explode thinking about it.....)
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[QUOTE=rAphaEl]You're right D., the answer's E.....

As for your riddle........

My guess: 1113212221

or

1113312221

(I got another riddle but I think I'll post it until I get your riddle right.....my head's nearly explode thinking about it.....)[/QUOTE]
here ill tell you the anser.

The next row is
1113213211
Starting with the second line, every line describes the line before it. In writing, it is:
One One
Two Ones
One Two One One
etc.
etc.

sry hope you understand that :animesmil

hears a fun one lol lol lol. :D

A man walks up to you and says - "everything I say to you is a lie."
Is he telling you the truth or is he lying?

Good luck.
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[QUOTE=rAphaEl]Gah........so close....... :flaming:

As for your ridle mmm.....he's telling the truth.....my guess....[/QUOTE]hes lieing becouse if he was telling you the truth he would be contradicting him self.Raph.do you want to share your riddle if not heres one.

A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys.
How can this be possible?

enjoy everyone. :D
Posted
[quote name='D. Resurrected']heres one.What runs but never walks.What has a mouth but never talks.[/quote][color=33333][font=trebuchet ms]It also has a bed, but never sleeps.[/color][/font]
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[quote name='Sara][color=33333][font=trebuchet ms]It also has a bed, but never sleeps.[/color'][/font][/quote]
good I can see youve herd of the riddle thanks. lets see if anybody can get it.

ohh and on the riddle with the half boys no there is no person with both genitals
LOL :D
Posted
[QUOTE=D. Resurrected] A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys.
How can this be possible?[/QUOTE][color=#b00007][size=1][spoiler]All of them are boys. Thus, half are boys, one third are boys, two-sevenths are boys...[/spoiler]

It's like an exciting game of fractions, but with less blood than one would originally expect from such a set-up.[/color][/size]
Posted
[font=Trebuchet MS]And of course the thing that runs, has a mouth and bed is a river, or stream.

I can't think of any riddles, but I'm sure everyone else has plenty.
[/font]
Posted
Alright, time for me to fill in some empty spaces here.....here's my ridle.... :animeknow

I am only useful
When I am full,
Yet I am always
Full of holes.
What am i?

It's just a simple ridle :animeswea

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...