OtakuBoards

Riddles: Care to solve?

Guest D. Resurrected

Guest D. Resurrected
[quote name='Bloody_Moon][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue']Um, a bat? Did I get it right? Wow this message feels spammy.[/COLOR][/quote]

no but good try

heres a hint. its inanimite

enjoy :D

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]no that not for the forest one its for the one that saise thought folous close behind.
thats ok.good job on that riddle bye the way.there another anser can you find out what it is.

heres another one

I soar without wings, I see without eyes.
I've traveled the universe to and fro.
I've conquered the world, yet I've never been anywhere but home.
Who am I?

enjoy[/QUOTE]

That would be Imagination.

Guest D. Resurrected
[quote name='RenKoR']Could that be Imagination per say?[/quote]

good job very good I see you think outside the box very well.just for you a new riddle.

I am the ruler of shovels
I have a double
I am as thin as a knife
I have a wife
What am I?

enjoy? :D

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]good job very good I see you think outside the box very well.just for you a new riddle.

I am the ruler of shovels
I have a double
I am as thin as a knife
I have a wife
What am I?

enjoy? :D[/QUOTE]

King of Spades, was i right?

Guest D. Resurrected
[quote name='RenKoR']King of Spades.[/quote]

very good.You are are a very fast one I can see well then hers another one smartypance lol jokeing.

I can sizzle like bacon,
I am made with an egg,
I have plenty of backbone, but lack a good leg,
I peel layers like onions, but still remain whole,
I can be long, like a flagpole, yet fit in a hole,
What am I?

enjoy. :D

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]very good.You are are a very fast one I can see well then hers another one smartypance lol jokeing.

I can sizzle like bacon,
I am made with an egg,
I have plenty of backbone, but lack a good leg,
I peel layers like onions, but still remain whole,
I can be long, like a flagpole, yet fit in a hole,
What am I?

enjoy. :D[/QUOTE]

How about a snake?

Guest D. Resurrected
[quote name='RenKoR']How about a snake?[/quote]

wow great job.ok heres another one.you inpress me your are of high intilect :animesmil

Many things can create one. It can be of any shape or size. It is created for various reasons, and it can shrink or grow with time. What is it?

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]wow great job.ok heres another one.you inpress me your are of high intilect :animesmil

Many things can create one. It can be of any shape or size. It is created for various reasons, and it can shrink or grow with time. What is it?

enjoy :D[/QUOTE]

Is it imagination agian?

Guest D. Resurrected
[quote name='RenKoR']Is it imagination agian?[/quote]

no but good try.ok heres one to setel your mind

What falls but never breaks?
What breaks but never falls?

ohh a hint for the previus one its somthing on earth :D

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]no but good try.ok heres one to setel your mind

What falls but never breaks?
What breaks but never falls?

ohh a hint for the previus one its somthing on earth :D

enjoy :D[/QUOTE]

Maby the Sun, or... day and night i don't know.

Guest D. Resurrected
[quote name='RenKoR']Maby the Sun, or... day and night i don't know.[/quote]

yep your incredible.your my hero lol

ok this riddle

has the same anser as this riddle.

What has no content yet you are still able to see it?

hehehe enjoy

[font=Trebuchet MS][quote name='D.Resurrected][/font'] What has no content yet you are still able to see it?[font=Trebuchet MS][/quote] [b][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92"]The Nexus[/url] ;)

[/b]D.Resurrected, please clean up your post quality. There have been posts of yours in this thread that I've had to read [b]three times [/b]before getting even an inkling of what you're on about. Example:

[quote name='D.Resurrected][/font'] no that not for the forest one its for the one that saise thought folous close behind.[font=Trebuchet MS][/quote] Capitalisation, punctuation and even [b]vaguely [/b]correct spelling never hurt anyone, and they're especially important in a thread like this where people really need to understand what you're saying. Just take a bit of time to read over your post before posting - or better yet, type it out in a program like Word beforehand, so you can spellcheck and then copy-paste it into your reply.

[i]A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water. The barman responds by pulling out a shotgun and pointing it at the man, who thanks him and leaves. What on earth just happened?[/i]
[/font]

[COLOR=Navy]Hahahahaha! Great answer, very true XP

Now I know the answer to that riddle:

The man had the hiccups and was asking for the water because its supposed to be a cure, the barman knew that and pulled out his gun, scaring the man out of his hiccups. ^__^

Ok, here's one.

[B]Look at me one way and I'm heavy, weigh a lot,
But turn me around and you'll find I'm not.
What am I?[/B][/COLOR]

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS] [b][url="http://www.otakuboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92"]The Nexus[/url] ;)

[/b]D.Resurrected, please clean up your post quality. There have been posts of yours in this thread that I've had to read [b]three times [/b]before getting even an inkling of what you're on about. Example:

Capitalisation, punctuation and even [b]vaguely [/b]correct spelling never hurt anyone, and they're especially important in a thread like this where people really need to understand what you're saying. Just take a bit of time to read over your post before posting - or better yet, type it out in a program like Word beforehand, so you can spellcheck and then copy-paste it into your reply.

[i]A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water. The barman responds by pulling out a shotgun and pointing it at the man, who thanks him and leaves. What on earth just happened?[/i]
[/font][/QUOTE]

Im sorry I am just very very bad at spelling.Ill try that program you were talking about.
sorry Ill try to not let that happen VERY SORRY :animeblus

Anyway back to the topic. A Hole is the right anser very good you impress me.anyway here is another riddle to sooth your mind.

Dies half its life, lives the rest.
Dances without music, breathes without breath.
What is it?

Raiyuu thanks for helping me I think of you as a buddy. thanks for everything

oh and for your riddle Raiyuu it was a shot glass sprayer [shogun as in shot gun] get it :D

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=GUNmanZERO7]Here's two. Poor people have it. Rich people need it. It's greater than god but eviler than satan what is it?

And. The next sentence is true, the last sentence is false. Try and guess them both.[/QUOTE]

For the first one would nothing be it.I think thats right.:animesmil

And as for the second one hmm Ill have to think on that one.

[font=Trebuchet MS][quote=D.Resurrected][/font] Raiyuu thanks for helping me I think of you as a buddy. thanks for everything

oh and for your riddle Raiyuu it was a shot glass sprayer [shogun as in shot gun] get it :D[font=Trebuchet MS][/quote] Anytime. And sorry, Sakura got my riddle right. It was an actual shotgun which the barman used to surprise the man and thus cure his hiccups, hence why he left the bar without his glass of water.
[/font]

[quote name='GUNmanZERO7']And. The next sentence is true, the last sentence is false. Try and guess them both.[/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1]Man, I've got this one [i]in the bag[/i].

"And." is the false "last sentence" in question. In order for the word "and" to be untrue, it would have to mean a sense of "not in addition to," thus being a different conjunction--probably "But." or "Or." Let us consider both possbilities.

[But]. The next sentence is true, the last sentence is false. [Try and guess them both.]
[Or]. The next sentence is true, the last sentence is false. [Try and guess them both.]

Hm. Frankly, a conjunction doesn't make a lot of sense out of the context of the things it conjoins. Let's look at the entire post again.

[quote=GUNmanZERO7]Here's two. Poor people have it. Rich people need it. It's greater than god but eviler than satan what is it?

And. The next sentence is true, the last sentence is false. Try and guess them both.[/quote]Here we have the riddle in context--following the previous riddle. Judging from the entire post, I would say that "But" is the correct interpretation. After all, the first statement in the post is that there will be [i]two[/i]. (We are assuming, for the moment, that "two" is referring to the quantity of riddles in the post. This may be a dangerous assumption, and I might need to revise it later.) The use of the meaning "Or" would imply that only one of the two paragraphs is a riddle. The word "But," on the other hand, implies simply a contrariness. I interpret it as a challenge. Instead of "and," with the implication [i]and here is another riddle that is not much different from the first,[/i] the meaning is "but," as in [i]But, this one shall be harder![/i]

Moving along, we come again to the working statement--the middle sentence, whose job it is to define the other two. It says, most adamantly, that "the next sentence is true."

You would think that this would be straightforward, but it is not as simply as you might like! The following sentence is not a statement of fact, or even a conjunction--It is an imperative sentence! Most people would not consider imperative sentences to have a "true' form, but I think we can ferret out the truth.

Let's look at it again: "Try and guess them both." Notice that it is not, in fact, telling the reader: "Try [i]to[/i] guess them both," but rather "Try [i]and[/i] guess them both. This is crucial! "Try [i]to[/i] guess them both" contains only [i]one[/i] command--that of trying. Our actual sentence, however, contains [i]two[/i] commands--both [i]trying[/i] AND [i]guessing.[/i]

This sentence is self-referential, not an uncommon trait in riddles. Once you understand what the sentence truly means, you have solved it: You must not only [i]try[/i] to guess both, but you must in fact [i]guess[/i] both. Both what? Both commands in the sentence! By understanding the true nature off the sentence, you have done as it says--

And what [i]truer[/i] meaning to an imperative sentence than to have its command(s) carried out?

Thus, the first sentence is false--The second riddle shall not be an equal of the first riddle, but rather a more difficult one. (We have certainly seen that!) The second sentence is the "meat" of the riddle, giving us directions on how to treat the other sentences in order to solve the whole. The final sentence is a command, which, when obeyed fulfills the requirements for solving the rest of the riddle.

The final and most succint answer? [spoiler]When writing riddles on the very nature of sentences, it is important to punctuate correctly.[/spoiler]

[/size][/color]

well since none of you figured out my riddle i'll just give you the answer.
" what lives in captivity but dies in freedom?" its a secret....no really thats the answer.

okay another one:

try to find me if you can,
you'll never guess where i am.
i hide behind, in front as well,
in your mind, i'll never tell.
i am your mirror, but you cant see,
when you gaze inside of me.
i am part of you, though you dont know it,
but only light can never show it.
you have a guess, but only three,
so what am i to thee?

i got this one pretty quickly, but i dont know if you'll get so fast. :p

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]
How can you make the following equation true by drawing only one straight line:
5+5+5=550
[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I skimmed through, and it didn't appear as though this one was answered... But I may be wrong. Meh.

[spoiler]Okay, one way is to put a line from the top of the first + to the left side of the +, thus making it a 4. 5[i]4[/i]5 + 5 = 550. The second way is to simply do the same on the second +. 5 + 5[i]4[/i]5 = 550.[/spoiler]

I'm pretty sure that's right.

Mine is pretty stupid, but here we go-

[i]I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?[/i]

Have fun, people [:

<3

EDIT- Oh, and the 'I went in the woods and got it, I sat down to seek it. I brought it home with me because I couldn't find it.' one is a [spoiler]splinter.[/spoiler]

Right? Of course I'm right.[/SIZE]

Guest D. Resurrected
[QUOTE=Sayuri-sama]well since none of you figured out my riddle i'll just give you the answer.
" what lives in captivity but dies in freedom?" its a secret....no really thats the answer.

okay another one:

try to find me if you can,
you'll never guess where i am.
i hide behind, in front as well,
in your mind, i'll never tell.
i am your mirror, but you cant see,
when you gaze inside of me.
i am part of you, though you dont know it,
but only light can never show it.
you have a guess, but only three,
so what am i to thee?

i got this one pretty quickly, but i dont know if you'll get so fast. :p[/QUOTE]
Hmm I believe the anser to the riddle is a shadow, I believe that?s right. here?s a riddle for anyone who dares

A man is walking on the beach, just after taking a long swim in his clothes. He sees a restaurant on the beach. He walks into the restaurant and gets seated. He looks at the menu and orders seagull soup. The waitress brings out the soup, he takes one bite, realizes something & runs out onto the road and gets killed.

The question is: why did he freak out?

This riddle will take a very big imagination

enjoy heheheheh :D

ohh and sakurasuka good job you got both of those right.great job keep it up :animesmil

one more thing I couldnt find how you put the black box over words.could anybuddy tell me please. :animeswea

[QUOTE=sakurasuka][SIZE=1]I skimmed through, and it didn't appear as though this one was answered... But I may be wrong. Meh.

[spoiler]Okay, one way is to put a line from the top of the first + to the left side of the +, thus making it a 4. 5[i]4[/i]5 + 5 = 550. The second way is to simply do the same on the second +. 5 + 5[i]4[/i]5 = 550.[/spoiler][/SIZE][/QUOTE][color=#b0000b][size=1]Oh, that's clever. I would have just put a slash through the equals sign, myself. (Of course, that wouldn't really make the [i]equation[/i] true, would it? Just the statement.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=#004a6f]Here's 2 visual riddles:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=20]ll = Vl[/SIZE][/FONT]

Move one line to make the above equation correct.

[SIZE=20][FONT=Arial][U]XXll[/U] = ll
Vlll [/FONT][/SIZE]

Move one line to make the above equation correct.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Chabichou][COLOR=#004a6f]Here's 2 visual riddles:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=20]ll = Vl[/SIZE][/FONT]

Move one line to make the above equation correct.

[SIZE=20][FONT=Arial][U]XXll[/U] = ll
Vlll [/FONT][/SIZE]

Move one line to make the above equation correct.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
First one:
[spoiler][FONT=Arial]ll = Xl[/FONT]
(XI is the roman numeral for 11.)[/spoiler]