Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Riddles: Care to solve?


Recommended Posts

Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[QUOTE=silver_blade]Is it a candle?



I'll guess your ears.[/QUOTE]

yes

no

here is another riddle

What common English verb becomes its own past tense by rearranging its letters?

p.s. try not to give up on a riddle.Just think about it till you get it :animesmil
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]
Be you ever so quick, with vision keen, by your eyes, we are never seen. Unless perchance it should come to pass, you see our reflection in a looking glass.

What are we?

Thanks everyone for the lack of sleep lol :D
Seriously though everyones doing a great job keep it up :animesmil[/QUOTE]

Your eyes. I think I'm right this time(hopefully).

[QUOTE]What common English verb becomes its own past tense by rearranging its letters?[/QUOTE]

Eat/ate.

You make my brain hurt, D. Resurrected. :animestun In a good way, though. ;) Keep the riddles coming!
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[QUOTE=silver_blade]Your eyes. I think I'm right this time(hopefully).



Eat/ate.

You make my brain hurt, D. Resurrected. :animestun In a good way, though. ;) Keep the riddles coming![/QUOTE]

your right on both.Your doing a great job keep it up :animesmil

heres the riddle of the day enjoy :D

What's the difference between gossip and a mirror?

heres another one

Break it and it is better, immediately set and harder to break again.

What is it?
Posted
[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]your right on both.Your doing a great job keep it up :animesmil

heres the riddle of the day enjoy :D

What's the difference between gossip and a mirror?

heres another one

Break it and it is better, immediately set and harder to break again.

What is it?[/QUOTE]
a mirror lies and you see what you want to see and gossip you can only hear but not see the lies that u are beein told. im just guessing. :(
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[quote name='trucha']a mirror lies and you see what you want to see and gossip you can only hear but not see the lies that u are beein told. im just guessing. :([/quote]

no not quite but your sort of on the right track keep guessing :animesmil

heres another riddle everyone enjoy

There is a two foot long plastic boat in the bathtub, the boat is filled with metal nuts and bolts. The boat tips over, dumping the contents into the water. With the nuts and bolts in the water, will the water level in the bathtub rise, fall or stay the same as it was when the nuts and bolts were in the boat?

also

This is a most unusual paragraph. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why? Study it, think about it, and you may find out. Try to do it without coaching. If you work at it for a bit it will dawn on you. So jump to it and try your skill at figuring it out. Good luck - don't blow your cool!
Posted
ok i admit this was a hard one but not something totally unsolvable, though the rest of the riddles where more with simple logic, mine was more with a more inner view, but i have seen many bright people here on otakuboards who could have had a simmilair answer, well hope your guess was like it.

riddle:
Two sides that still remain, even after years of strain, as bad luck covered by my vanity, in me dwells insanity.

answer:
Reflection of the mind, as my two sides state my charismatic and treacherous face, mirroring eyes wich when looked upon shine with such intensity, it will deform your reality, only to return to it and not being able to tell where you are anymore, lost between a one shot decision, of wich way it`s safe to stay and you dare not make it and inside the mirror dwells insanity that is you.

just pm me if you want more of these.
Posted
wow, those are some tough riddles indeed.
well i have one, its not to hard but it was the only one i could remember.

a white chest with a golden treasure inside,
no way to open it, but smashing it will lose the treasure
but be gentle and all will be revealed

what is the white chest.

its rather simple if i do say so myself.

edit: and i just remembered another.

at 9 oclock it walks on four legs, at noon it walks on 2, and at 6 it walks on 3. what is it.
Posted
The "white chest" has to be an egg. Although i do prefer them scrambled in which case smashing them is alright.

[QUOTE]at 9 oclock it walks on four legs, at noon it walks on 2, and at 6 it walks on 3. what is it.[/QUOTE]

This a man. We start by crawling on 4 legs, then we walk upright on 2 and at the end of our life on 3 with a cane being a third. Unless you've got a walker then it's 6 or a electricwheelchair then you're driving around town.
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[quote name='Wolf Rider']The answer to my riddle: it's a secret.[/quote]
Oh ok :D

Heres yet another riddle everyone :animesmil

This old one runs forever, but never moves at all. He has not lungs nor throat, but still a mighty roaring call. What is it? :D
Posted
[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]Oh ok :D

Heres yet another riddle everyone :animesmil

This old one runs forever, but never moves at all. He has not lungs nor throat, but still a mighty roaring call. What is it? :D[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go with a waterfall. You could be talking a specific waterfall but the generic answers will suffice for me.

Unless you're talking about old faithful but he doesn't run forever...
Posted
[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]Oh ok :D

Heres yet another riddle everyone :animesmil

This old one runs forever, but never moves at all. He has not lungs nor throat, but still a mighty roaring call. What is it? :D[/QUOTE]

is it a train?
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[QUOTE=Rezzard]I'm going to go with a waterfall. You could be talking a specific waterfall but the generic answers will suffice for me.

Unless you're talking about old faithful but he doesn't run forever...[/QUOTE]

your correct good job :animesmil

ok everyone heres the riddle of the day enjoy :animesmil

What is the moon worth?

heres another one

I move without wings, between silken strings, I leave as you find, my substance behind. What am I?
Posted
[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]your correct good job :animesmil

ok everyone heres the riddle of the day enjoy :animesmil

What is the moon worth?

heres another one

I move without wings, between silken strings, I leave as you find, my substance behind. What am I?[/QUOTE]
is it a spider?
Posted
[QUOTE]D Resurected posted:

This is a most unusual paragraph. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why? Study it, think about it, and you may find out. Try to do it without coaching. If you work at it for a bit it will dawn on you. So jump to it and try your skill at figuring it out. Good luck - don't blow your cool![/QUOTE]

Im guessing that its unusual because the paragraphs subject is itself.

Heres one:
My first is in tea but not in leaf
My second is in teapot and also in teeth
My third is in caddy but not in cosy
My fourth is in cup but not in rosy
My fifth is in herbal and also in health
My sixth is in peppermint and always in wealth
My last is in drink, so what can I be?
I?m there in a classroom, do you listen to me?
Posted
[QUOTE=shinji172]Im guessing that its unusual because the paragraphs subject is itself.

Heres one:
My first is in tea but not in leaf
My second is in teapot and also in teeth
My third is in caddy but not in cosy
My fourth is in cup but not in rosy
My fifth is in herbal and also in health
My sixth is in peppermint and always in wealth
My last is in drink, so what can I be?
I?m there in a classroom, do you listen to me?[/QUOTE]

The answer is teacher, I believe.
Guest D. Resurrected
Posted
[quote name='trucha']is it a spider?[/quote]

yes you are correct great job

shinji172 nope thats not it but good try.look at it carefully its very simple wants you see it :animesmil

heres another riddle everyone enjoy :animesmil

The 22nd and 24th presidents of the United States had the same mother and the same father, but were not brothers. How can this be possible?
Posted
[QUOTE]silver_blade:The answer is teacher i believe[/QUOTE]

Correct :animesmil . nice job on that.

Damn that riddle. Ah well, il just have to give the next one a try. Ummmm...ok im going to have to work on this one. I think it may be to do with american history.

And finally, two new riddles:

(I think there are 2 possible answers for the first one...)

1)[I]You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat? [/I]

2)What can you catch but not throw?

Good luck.
Posted
[QUOTE=shinji172]

2)What can you catch but not throw?
[/QUOTE]

A Cold. Any other microbe as well i suspect.

[QUOTE=D. Resurrected]
The 22nd and 24th presidents of the United States had the same mother and the same father, but were not brothers. How can this be possible?[/QUOTE]

He is/was the same man. I don't know enough American history so i don't know who he is/was.
Posted
[QUOTE]Rezard said:Quote:
Originally Posted by shinji172

2)What can you catch but not throw?

A Cold. Any other microbe as well i suspect.[/QUOTE]

Correct! Theres still one more to solve though. (for reference, its:
You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat? )
Posted
[QUOTE=shinji172]
1)[I]You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat? [/I] [/QUOTE]

[size=1]Corn? You throw away the husk, cook the inside, and eat the corn and throw away the inside.[/size]

[quote name='shinji172']2)What can you catch but not throw?[/quote]

[size=1]A cold? Maybe.

Edit- Gah, someone already got that one >_>



A man took a two-day trip on horseback. He did not make any un-necesary stops. It took him [i]exactly[/i] two days. He rode out on Tuesday, and returned on Tuesday.
How is that possible?

<3[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][B]sakurasuka said[/B]:Corn? You throw away the husk, cook the inside, and eat the corn and throw away the inside.[/QUOTE]

Correct. There is another possible solution to it though.

I can only think of one other riddle at the moment. Good luck (you probably wont need it though :animeswea ).


[QUOTE]Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I?[/QUOTE]
Posted
[QUOTE=shinji172]Correct. There is another possible solution to it though.
[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Hm... I'll have to think on that on [:[/size]

[quote name='shinji172']Give me food, and I will live; give me water, and I will die. What am I? [/quote]

[size=1]Fiiiiire. Feed the flames, they'll live, douse them with water, they go out.



A plane crashes into a mountain and all passengers die. Where do they bury the survivors?

<3[/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...