Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=#656446]I was looking for a thread from 2005 called "Moderation" and was surprised that it didn't come up in the Search Results. However, the Search function did find another thread called "Moderation" but that one was from 4 years ago.

Why wasn't the 2005 thread listed in the results? Is it because the Search function doesn't want to churn out possible "duplicate" threads?[/COLOR]
Posted
When I used the quick search feature, the 2005 thread was on the first page. When I used the advanced search feature, setting it to "Search Titles Only" and just hitting the OL, the 2005 thread was all that showed up. Actually... I can't even find the older thread. :animeshy:

What settings did you use?

EDIT: To actually answer your question, heh, identical thread names shouldn't have an effect on this kind of thing. I think.

~Dagger~
Posted
[COLOR=#656446]Whoa... So it is!

...Well I feel sheepish. *scratches head* 'Guess I wasn't looking hard enough. Thanks, you two![/COLOR]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]I once looked up and down the first page of the Anime Lounge about five times, searching for a thread. Failing to find it, I had to resort to using the search function when it was, indeed, on the first page. So don't feel too bad.[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']I once looked up and down the first page of the Anime Lounge about five times, searching for a thread. Failing to find it, I had to resort to using the search function when it was, indeed, on the first page. So don't feel too bad.[/color][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Same thing has happened to me a few times in The Arena, it's just something about when you're scrolling down through the dozens of threads looking for a certain one that you often overlook it. Still it is damn annoying when it happens.[/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...