OtakuBoards

Wonders

GUNmanZERO7

Have you ever looked at the sky and think wow. I do a lot. I've been thinking that if gods real who created god and who created him and so on. Most of my friends agree with me on that. I know this is from SO3 but what if we were created by a video game disigner and that life is a game. Anyone think those same things?

[b][font=Trebuchet MS]Honk, [/font][/b][font=Trebuchet MS]not-quite-right answer. Our DNA is one [i]per cent [/i]different from chimpanzees. I think one amino acid different would just result in a human with a genetic abnormality, like cystic fibrosis. On a side note, our DNA is fifty per cent identical to that of a banana.

GUNmanZERO7, can you clarify exactly what you want to discuss in this topic? Is it wondrous experiences people have had, or are you after a debate on the existence of God (good luck), or looking for alternatives to creationism or what? As it stands right now the discussion's going to end up a bit vague and woolly.
[/font]

[quote name='GUNmanZERO7'] I've been thinking that if gods real who created god and who created him and so on. Most of my friends agree with me on that.[/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1]It seems a funny thing to say your friends agree with your complete lack of a conclusion. =] Still, I know what you mean.

When I was a young girl *cue old granny voice* I was pretty sure there was an explanation for everything--after all, if I didn't know something, I could just ask my mom or dad, and one of them would explain it. Since they knew everything, it stood to reason that everything could be known.

I asked my mom, "If God made us, then who made God?" She said, "No one. God existed."

"What about before He existed?"

"He's always existed."

(I'm sure the questioning went on for a while after that--[i]What about before He was born? He wasn't born. Then how does He exist? He just does.[/i]) I wasn't particularly happy with that answer at the time.

If you want to believe in something unbelieveable, the only person stopping you is yourself. The concept of a Creator God is not something that lends itself neatly to examined belief. That's the point. If it were easy to believe, I suppose they wouldn't call it "faith."

There are a lot of things about life--particularly the mushier side of life--that don't make sense at all. You can choose to take it all on faith, or you can choose to find something that's been backed up with proof. It's up to you ([i]maybe[/i]).

As to the professional nature of God, I don't think I've ever heard anyone suggest Game Designer before. I suppose it makes as much sense as anything else, though. :) [/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]It seems a funny thing to say your friends agree with your complete lack of a conclusion. =] Still, I know what you mean.

When I was a young girl *cue old granny voice* I was pretty sure there was an explanation for everything--after all, if I didn't know something, I could just ask my mom or dad, and one of them would explain it. Since they knew everything, it stood to reason that everything could be known.

I asked my mom, "If God made us, then who made God?" She said, "No one. God existed."

"What about before He existed?"

"He's always existed."

(I'm sure the questioning went on for a while after that--[i]What about before He was born? He wasn't born. Then how does He exist? He just does.[/i]) I wasn't particularly happy with that answer at the time.

If you want to believe in something unbelieveable, the only person stopping you is yourself. The concept of a Creator God is not something that lends itself neatly to examined belief. That's the point. If it were easy to believe, I suppose they wouldn't call it "faith."

There are a lot of things about life--particularly the mushier side of life--that don't make sense at all. You can choose to take it all on faith, or you can choose to find something that's been backed up with proof. It's up to you ([i]maybe[/i]).

As to the professional nature of God, I don't think I've ever heard anyone suggest Game Designer before. I suppose it makes as much sense as anything else, though. :) [/color][/size][/QUOTE]

If god existed then who existed before him :animeknow
Atheist, with no idea

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]That's great that you wanted to correct your spelling error Snowcat, next time just hit the edit button as double posting is considered spam.

~*SunfallE[/COLOR]

[color=darkslateblue] [i]Well[/i]. Toast.

(It all boils down to faith. For that reason I respect people who are religious. For some reason I myself cannot devote my time or mind to any religion. I pray in my head to 'God' in a joking manner when I'm alone and when some very minor problem has come up I automatically think "God's punshing me". At the same time, I don't really consider myself a Christian. Must be the way I was brought up; I have no idea.)[/color]

It just depends on what beliefs you hold. Personally I believe that God has always existed and always will. It's weird because when you think about God and religion and everything like that it just seems to be hard to comprehend sometimes, well a lot of the time. That's why there's faith. I know that my answer might seem like a cop out or something and for that I'm sorry, but just think about all the things we have faith in, or believe in, on a daily basis. It makes sense to me at least. Sorry if I couldn't help.

I'm not sure if the thread is limited just to the question of how God (taken as a "creator") relates to causality, but in any case there's been a lively debate on this question going on for the past, oh, two-two and a half millenia or so. If you're up for some reading, [url=http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/cosmological-argument/]click here[/url] for a fairly in-depth summary of how various folks have written for or against the existence of a "first cause" generally named God, writings which have now been mostly grouped together around something called the "cosmological argument." Have fun!

(is anyone even reading me at all when I post this kind of crap?)