OtakuBoards

what do you think should change on any anime and why

frankieanime

feel free to discuss about something you think shouldnt have happened in any anime and why you think it should change

[COLOR=Indigo][B]frankieanime[/B],

You have been told several times that the opening post of a thread requires quality and coherency. Since Otakuboards is a conversation-based forum, thread quality is very important. A thread?s main topic of discussion should be something that can spark an intelligent discussion of some form, and avoid spam. We expect a little more in posts than what you have made available. If your post is the first in a thread, it is especially important to have post content and quality. For example you could have explained what part of an anime you felt should be different.

It is important to read the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?][COLOR=Indigo][B]Rules[/B][/COLOR][/URL] and [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?][COLOR=Indigo][B]FAQ[/B][/COLOR][/URL] since members are held accountable whether they have taken the time to read them or not. If you don't read the rules or follow up on the warnings we've been giving you, you risk more moderation, even a banning from the site.

If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~indifference[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Changing [I]anything[/I] about an anime?? Well, first off, I'd [I][B]love[/B][/I] it if Shaman King, One Piece, Tokyo MewMew, and Naruto had all been dubbed by FUNimation instead of 4kids (the eternal evil...) Um... I had some more, but I forgot 'em... My bad. :animeswea [/COLOR]

Well, to address the question to anime in general rather than one specific show: [i]less mixing of hand-drawn and CG[/i]. ESPECIALLY in mecha shows. Seriously folks, one of the reasons why I love Eureka Seven so much is that they actually go through the trouble of hand-drawing their giant surfing robots - and as a result, they look loads better than the ugly, over-shiny computer generated messes in Gankutsuou or Karas.

I'm not saying this because I'm a crotchety old fan who liked how his cartoons looked back in the old days (although I am), I'm saying it because this mix of art styles looks genuinely awful. You've even got terrible visual discrepancies between the 2d and 3d stuff in the well-funded anime feature films (Ghost in the Shell 2, I'm looking at you); the TV shows that try to pull it off just don't have a prayer. At best you get a few fakey-looking scenes that throw you off, at worst you have the 2d and 3d aspects just totally jarring against one another throughout the entire series.

I'm open to someone changing my mind about this, and I will officially cry uncle once someone pulls off a 3d itano circus as beautiful as the hand-drawn ones. However, my instinct at the moment says: good god, folks, give the technology a few years to catch up.

• 3 months later...
[color=#007520]Aceburner, if you wish to contribute to a thread, it's highly recommended that you have more content than what you have submitted. You could have explained [i]why[/i] you think 4kids shouldn't dub Anime anymore. You're pretty much not contributing to the thread at all.

Anyway, this too is a dead thread from months ago.

Thread Closed.

-r2[/color]