OtakuBoards

A very complex RPG idea

Redemption

[color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]I was just wondering if there was anyone that was interested in making an RPG based on a William Shakespeare play, but based in the OB (eg. ULX's Mercy Killing - that's where I got the idea from).

For example: Say we chose to do Romeo and Juliet.

Romeo would be ULX and Juliet would be Ezekiel.
And the place where this play would be played out would be various forums on the OB.

I know it's very vague, but I was just wondering would anyone be interested in it.[/color][/b][/size]

[color=green][font=Comic Sans MS]Wow! Sounds need, and amazingly, easy to do. Quite a few modern movies have been based on Shakespear's works (ie. "10 Things I Hate About You" is based on "Taming of the Shrew"). The only thing is that I would avoid "Romeo and Juliet". I know you only used it as an example, but I think it's been a tad overdone. Of course, that's just my opinion.

I would suggest "A Mid Summer's Night Dream" or some other play with several characters.[/font][/color]

[size=1]This sounds interesting...I would say Hamlet would be interesting, but I would say that because its one of the few Shakespeare plays I have actually read ( the others being A Midsummer Night's Dream, Twelfth Night and Romeo and Juliet). You would probably want to do a tragedy rather than a comedy or something, because it wouldn't really work otherwise.

That's just my two cents in, hope it helps.
[/size]

[quote name='Soliel][color=green][font=Comic Sans MS]I would suggest "A Mid Summer's Night Dream" or some other play with several characters.[/font'][/color][/quote]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Huh? Romeo and Juliet has tons of characters. O.o

But yeah, I say go for Romeo and Juliet since the story seems to flow so naturally. It's also possibly one of the more popular Shakespeare plays and would attract more attention.

Yeah, I'd [I]deffinately[/I] be Mercutio.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=DarkOrange][size=1][b]Sounds like we have a little interest in this idea. I'm going to put up a list of plays from Willam Shakespeare in a new thread (a poll) to see what people would be interested in which play. However, main discussion will stay in this thread.

If there's anything you would like to suggest for the rpg?[/color][/size][/b]