OtakuBoards

The One Thing in Life You'd Search For

Ol' Fighter

[FONT=Georgia]There's been some very intersting answers and debates in this thread. We'll never truly know the answer for why we are here; we can only know the answer for why [i]our self[/i] is here. I used to search for the meaning of all existance, and I came back the other side bruised and jaded and nihilistic. Is there any point in anything if everything is meaningless? But the quest is not outside yourself, it is in yourself. You make your own meaning as to why you are here, and it is [i]that[/i] that fullfills you. Nothing else. I am on the search for myself, because I have yet to explore the depths of the things I wish to forget. And only after I overcome them will I truly realize who I am, and truly be able to see the real person in others. To relate, to exist, to be a person in this world. Are we anything if we drift endlessly? To connect with the universe is as simple as shaking a hand.

[SIZE=1][i]Says Touchstone in the wee hours of the morning...[/i][/FONT][/SIZE]

I'm a firm believer in knowledge is power. My intellegence is one thing i have a lot of pride in so i would search for absolute knowledge. To grow in terms of transcending normal humanity and their's mental capabilities. Which i suppose is a dramatic way of simply saying i would want to acquire the knowledge of why everything in the world is at it is. I have control over myself and how i would choose to live my life, but to be able to dictate life completely even outside of my experiences would be a different story. Heh, i know it must sound sort of evil...but it isn't without the intent of using it for such purposes.

There is much i would sacrafice for this...to draw the line is something i'd worry about when it reaches that point. There are still things/people that i hold very dear.