OtakuBoards

Date Movie!!!

Dooxy

Mwuahaha i almost pissed my pants like 3 times watching this movie hahaha. Anyone else seen this ? what is your favorite part haha ? Mine is when the gir gets on the motorcycle to find the guy shes gonna marry, then in the next scene she just turns into a black guy and she does a wheelie away, i laughed so hard there, hes wearing a yellow dress and all, that was one of the funniest parts in the whole movie, if you are reading this it might not seem so funny but you have to actually watch it x)

[color=crimson] I just got back from seeing Date Movie, and yes, it is a pretty funny flick. There were a number of predictable gags, however. I guess because this movie is very similar to the Scary Movie franchise. Not surprising since two of the Scary Movie writers co-wrote this movie.

My favourite part of thois movie was either the Meet the Parents/Fockers send-up, or the totally unexpected appearance of [spoiler] King Kong and the island inhabitands at the end. The Napoleon Dynamite part towards the beginning of the movie was pretty good too, though, not really classic in its own right.[/spoiler][/color]

Lol, ya there was ALOT of spoofing, but its different from other movies because these spoofs look almost EXACTLY like the other movies, the King Kong part, the people look the exact same! even the kid there too :P [Spoiler]and then they pull out cell phones lmao[/Spoiler] meet the fockers/parents spoof, Is the mother thats played Gregs mom the same one in this movie? and the dad too? if not =o WoWoWo they look exactly like them. :D

[quote name='Dooxy'] Mine is when the gir gets on the motorcycle to find the guy shes gonna marry, then in the next scene she just turns into a black guy and she does a wheelie away[/quote]

That was actually Queen Latifa that did that stunt. She does those things on a bike in real life its kinda scary. :animeswea
But anyway I know this might sound childish but my fav. was actually when the cat was on the tolit.lol. it was just ridiculas. :animesmil Either that or the scene with the two dads playing basket ball and the black dad spits up all the chest hair. :animestun

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I heard that the movie wasn't that good. It that information incorrect, or did I misread something? :animestun [/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
I've been hearing the same things about the film, but that there we're funny parts that would be funny only if you've seen the scary movie films. That's mostly the reason why I didn't go to see the film.

[quote name='Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I heard that the movie wasn't that good. It that information incorrect, or did I misread something? :animestun [/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

I saw the movie, and I didn't think it was that funny. Granted it had it's good parts (like the beginning scenes with the dream and the woman dancing looking for a man), but other than that, I didn't think it was one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. I've seen Scary Movie 2 and 3 and parts of the first one and I thought they were funny, so I thought it would be good, but... meh. That's just my opinion though.