OtakuBoards

God of War II

Magus

Courtesy of IGN

[QUOTE=IGN]March 22, 2006 - This year's eagerly-awaited platform keynote address on PlayStation (and, most specifically, PS3) from Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios President Phil Harrison at GDC 2006 started off with the platform that is still holding it down: the PS2.

SCE game director David Jaffe (of God of War 1, now more a cheerleader for the whole franchise while he works on other projects) was on hand to show off a brand new trailer for God of War II (announced formally today before the show's start.) Aside from a new Bionic Commando-style swing maneuver, the trailer consisted mostly of Kratos gutting and disemboweling a boar, fighting off a 3-headed dog (where he viciously ripped off a head), tearing enemies in half after stomping on its gut, deathgripping a giant ogre to climb up it and then tearing its eyes out with both hands, and finally battling enemies on top the back of a gigantic griffon before grabbing the creature's wing, chopping it off at the root, and then leaping out into the sky while flying miles up in the clouds. Fun stuff.

It is unknown when that trailer will be released to the public, but God of War II has been confirmed to be playable at E3 2006 this May.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure most of you already know this but it doesn't hurt to share with the ones who don't. In any case, it's good that it's a ps2 release but IMO this would've been better off being released as a ps3 title. Any thoughts???

[quote name='J!nX']pfft I'm glad its for ps2 to be honest since I probrably won't drop the money on a ps3 right away and I loved the first one and would very much love to play the next one asap[/quote]

Same here Id rather it on PS2 since I dont plan on getting a PS3 for awhile. I was just surprised it wasnt next gen.

Last time I tried this, it wouldn't work.... hopefully I can get different results now.

[url=http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gow6ra.jpg][img]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5962/gow6ra.th.jpg[/img][/url]

That's the only picture I saw at IGN. Looks pretty good. but I'm not all that interested at the moment.

[color=#4B0082]Fixed the image tags for you. For reference, they're used like this: [im[i][/i]g]imageURL[/im[i][/i]g] - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]