OtakuBoards

Japan or Bust!

Ryoko T.D.C.

[COLOR=Purple]Ok, heres how it goes down, i'm only 15 and a sophomore and i am already thinking about my senior project. i know, a little early eh? anyway, the thing is, i was thinking about recording how a sheep grows and everything else like that. but what's with the title??? why does it say "Japan or Bust!" well, i've reconsidered my senior project choice. i was thinking of going to Japan for my senior project.

of course i mean as an exchange student! i would you know, live with another family in Japan while someone else goes to my family for six months. but i'm still a little sceptical about it. i absolutly LOVE Japan and would love to go, but i'm a little scared to live with a family i don't know. that is, if i even go through with it of course! so, i'm just asking all of you kewl otaku people if i should do it! even though i am still 2 years away from senior year!

help![/COLOR] :animeswea :catgirl:

[COLOR=Indigo]I would definately go through with it if I were you. There is no better way to learn about a culture than to live there for a while. Sure you may be a little homesick, but think about it. It is a chance of a lifetime. Though, the language barrier may get frustrating, but most should by that time know English.

If you go, take pictures for me![/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple]i know, it would be a great(!) experience. i would be a little homesick (everyone would be for 6 months!), but i would be happy to be there! the language would be a little frustrating, but that is why i'm going to take a course at a junior college to learn Japanese.

and of course i would take pictures! you'd be the first to see em![/COLOR] :catgirl:

ya that actually would be awesome to do. It's also never to early to think about your senior project heck in my school we started them when we were in 10th grade and now I'm glad I don't have to worry about it my senior year

hearing that you have the chance to go to japan as a fourin (i dont know how to spell it leave me alone :catgirl: ) exchange student makes me jelous. i want to go to japan!!! :animedepr :animecry:

hence that means do it and go to japan. also have the time of you life for all of us non-able-to-go-to-japan people!!!!!! woooo :animesmil

[COLOR=DarkRed]That sounds great! If you have the opportunity, you should definately go for it.

I hear Japan is pretty stirct about the academic capabilities of foreign exchange students, though, so work hard and go have fun for the rest of us :catgirl: [/COLOR]

well personally id love to go to japan but not as an exchange student. you'll get horrible homesickness. im also a sophmore soon to be a junior. i say dont complicate yourself just yet....trust me and i know complicated. my school supposively has a senior project but instead you can just do 6 community service hours instead. buona fortuna. the choice is up to you!:animesmil

I'm going to get the opportunity to go to Japan as part of an exchange program next year. As far as I've seen I've shown the most enthusiasm of all the kids my class so I think they'd have to pick me but my mom is scared that I couldn't go because of my special needs issues (which in all honesty I don't think would be a problem, given that Japan has the highest otaku population on earth :animesmil ). Do you think they'll let me go?

you should cause if you don't you might end up wishing you did. and it well be good for you to tarvel and see how people live in a different country. I'm a senior and i wish i had thought about something like that.
so i say do it if you can.

[quote name='EVA Unit 100'] Do you think they'll let me go?[/quote]

i think they'll let you go so long as you keep up good grades and all that jazzy stuff parents say. i would have to say dont annoythem dont get them msd, you know the drill just be careful and what you seek shall come...lol i had to hrow in alittle fortune cooky thingy into that :animesmil
BTW when you do go good luck :catgirl:

[quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]What are the requirements for your senior project? We didn't have such things at my school, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.[/size'][/color][/quote]

[color=purple]i don't really know the requirements, for i'm still only a soph.![/color] :P

[quote name='Sayuri-sama']well personally id love to go to japan but not as an exchange student. you'll get horrible homesickness. im also a sophmore soon to be a junior. i say dont complicate yourself just yet....trust me and i know complicated. my school supposively has a senior project but instead you can just do 6 community service hours instead. buona fortuna. the choice is up to you![/quote]

[color=purple]oh, i know i'll get homesick, no doubt about it! but, i'll get over it. i mean, i've already been to Italy for a month (with my parents, but i still missed home).

i really want to go, I REALLY REALLY DO!!! >< but i'm still not gewd on the whole, stay with a strange family thing! ><[/color]

[quote name='Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]What are the requirements for your senior project? We didn't have such things at my school, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.[/size'][/color][/quote][COLOR=maroon]The way Ryoko talks about it, it sounds like it's almost like graduating with a thesis. You know, write a paper/documentary/whatever and get the little thing on your bachelor's degree, but in this case, it's just your high school diploma.

I don't think you should go to Japan just to do a senior project. If you are going to Japan, there are a myriad of things to do, not just stuff that you can put on paper. If you are going to go, just keep in mind not to try to do ONLY things pertaining to your project.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=AzureWolf][COLOR=maroon]The way Ryoko talks about it, it sounds like it's almost like graduating with a thesis. You know, write a paper/documentary/whatever and get the little thing on your bachelor's degree, but in this case, it's just your high school diploma.

I don't think you should go to Japan just to do a senior project. If you are going to Japan, there are a myriad of things to do, not just stuff that you can put on paper. If you are going to go, just keep in mind not to try to do ONLY things pertaining to your project.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=purple]oh no! i know not to just focus on my paper! oh hell no! i would not just do my paper, but i would also take in the sites and the culture i guess i would say. i would be more into everything else than in my paper personaly. i've also wanted to go as an exchange student before hand. but the thought of me going just because was kewl, than i thought i could do my project on it and it would be even better.[/color]