OtakuBoards

Your Religion

Guest Gun Preacher

Sure, Hanabishi Recca, just skip everything else I said in that post. XP

I was only mocking your words, trying to show how your logic fails.

Whatever the case, [B]you[/B] cannot say who goes to Heaven or Hell or wherever, you don't possess that power nor the knowledge! As far as you or I [I]know[/I], this world could be created by pink puffs who just wanted to have fun! It's a [I]completely[/I] different matter on what we believe. And since everybody believes different things, there isn't one whole truth.

So, it is [I]not[/I] that easy. :P

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Sandy]Sure, Hanabishi Recca, just skip everything else I said in that post. XP

I was only mocking your words, trying to show how your logic fails.

Whatever the case, [B]you[/B] cannot say who goes to Heaven or Hell or wherever, you don't possess that power nor the knowledge! As far as you or I [I]know[/I], this world could be created by pink puffs who just wanted to have fun! It's a [I]completely[/I] different matter on what we believe. And since everybody believes different things, there isn't one whole truth.

So, it is [I]not[/I] that easy. :P[/QUOTE]

Haha, okay. I will just say, the knowlege of the Holy Spirit is great! And it has proof that God is real. And that he did creat this world. This world is made by him, and I can ask God, and he will answer me. So, I know there is a God. And I have salvation.

You were mocking me? Well, at least I know I am worthy of it ;)

As soon as I wrote my previous post, I asked myself "why bother?". You've obviously been "touched by the holy spirit" which has rendered you incapable of any sensical discussion.

It's great you've found happiness and salvation, but you still don't have the power to judge others. If you do, you'll end up having a very lonely life with just you and your god, because who could really put up with listening to your preaching?

You go on and on about how everybody's going to hell because they say "shucks", yet you fail to question your own knowledge about the issue. Among the things I've learned about what a good Christian should be is [I]humble[/I], and you lack humbleness completely.

So, why do I bother? I honestly don't know.

[FONT=Arial]I don't mean to revive a debate that should've died long before it did, but I spent the weekend with my church youth group (Disciple Now), and I happened upon a verse in the bible that settles my thoughts on the cussing question.

[QUOTE]But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
[RIGHT]
-[i]2 Timothy 2:16[/i][/RIGHT][/quote]

I've forgotten why else I reopened this discussion, but probably for the better. I'm willing to leave it at this if need be.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Amelia][font=Arial]I don't mean to revive a debate that should've died long before it did, but I spent the weekend with my church youth group (Disciple Now), and I happened upon a verse in the bible that settles my thoughts on the cussing question.

I've forgotten why else I reopened this discussion, but probably for the better. I'm willing to leave it at this if need be.[/font][/QUOTE] Yes, a valid point, but that, were it true, wouldn't make any sense at all to me to be included as a sin for reasons I think I've already gone into (and I'm of the opinion that nothing's written in the Bible without any reason). So I went to the site Sara linked to a while ago to compare translations ([url="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/"]link[/url]), and most of the translations of that verse say nothing about "profane" talk, or anything that would lead you to believe they're talking about anything other than "idle chatter". You can check that yourself, if you wish.

I don't mean to sound so persistent in my arguments, but this is something I really believe isn't wrong in any way, lol.

[b]EDIT:
[/b][quote name='"SunfallE"][color=DarkOliveGreen']Actually I don?t really believe that cussing is wrong. Whether or not a word is considered a swear word depends upon your social surroundings. So why would God send you to hell for saying a word that until someone actually told you about it, you had no idea was even a cuss word?[color=black][/quote] Ah, I forgot to mention that, also. If I had a kid, and the first thing I taught him to say was "hot damn", he'd be sinning, then? Really, like SunfallE said, it's more than a black-and-white thing. By actually thinking about and interpreting what the Bible says, you're [b]not[/b] defying it, you're obeying it. And you're doing yourself a favor in the process.
[/color][/color]

[QUOTE=Sandy]As soon as I wrote my previous post, I asked myself "why bother?". You've obviously been "touched by the holy spirit" which has rendered you incapable of any sensical discussion.

It's great you've found happiness and salvation, but you still don't have the power to judge others. If you do, you'll end up having a very lonely life with just you and your god, because who could really put up with listening to your preaching?

You go on and on about how everybody's going to hell because they say "shucks", yet you fail to question your own knowledge about the issue. Among the things I've learned about what a good Christian should be is [I]humble[/I], and you lack humbleness completely.

So, why do I bother? I honestly don't know.[/QUOTE]

Okay, sure.
Give up.

I am most likely not going to post in this thread anymore because you people don't care. You people aren't going to want to learn like Sandy here. So, I ask MYSELF why bother? You aren't going to listen or understand. I mean, you don't really believe everything God said. So you aren't going to believe what I say.

If anyone wants to talk to me about this stuff go ahead and PM me and I will talk to you next time I come on ;)

Love you all,

David