OtakuBoards

Biggest Advantages in FF history.

Snow

I have noticed that in many FF titles, there has been atleast one item/character/magic/whatever, which takes away pretty much all the challenge of the game. In FF3 - Sabin's Blitz, in FF7 - KOTR, in FF8 - Aura magic, in Tactics - Beowulf's Chicken and anything by Orlando.

What do you think are some of the biggest difficulty killers in any FF game.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]

o yes, just can't get enough of the good old invincibility......... [/B][/QUOTE]

BUT IT'S SO CHEAP!!!

All you have to do is use them and the weapons are gone, WAY TO EASY, that's why FFVIII is so cheap, it's just way to easy.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]the one thing they could take out of every game and make it hard as #$%^&^*$^&# would be... saving... just think about that... could you play a game and never save? that would kick butt if you could get a secrete for beating it w/o ever saving ;)... just think of your power bill :wigout: [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Snow [/i]
[B]I have noticed that in many FF titles, there has been atleast one item/character/magic/whatever, which takes away pretty much all the challenge of the game. In FF3 - Sabin's Blitz, in FF7 - KOTR, in FF8 - Aura magic, in Tactics - Beowulf's Chicken and anything by Orlando.

What do you think are some of the biggest difficulty killers in any FF game. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=red]Orlandu! with a u! and he's not cheap... So what if hes a walking tank...?[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]the one thing they could take out of every game and make it hard as #$%^&^*$^&# would be... saving... just think about that... could you play a game and never save? that would kick butt if you could get a secrete for beating it w/o ever saving ;)... just think of your power bill :wigout: [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=red]I did that!

good 'ol Grandia...
[/COLOR]

Yeah Orlandu is freakishly strong, but that makes it even worse when he's confused or charmed. Besides Beowulf's chicken does squat to bosses like Elmdor, heh besides making them easier to hit I mean. Even WITH Orlandu, a group of tiamats or red dragons can still cause trouble. FF8 was the cheapest of the cheap I think, u don't even NEED aura, just kill off one guy and cast life, instant-ready-for-limit breaks >=(. Anyway I didn't find Sabin's blitz to be that cheap, Bum Rush did just as much as Ultima would do. What I thought kind of ruined the game was the vanish - xzone/doom combo, it works on almost every boss! Ugh it's like you want to beat them w/o using it, but if all ur guys are dead except one you'd most likely xzone them away, made it incredibly too ez, and you get the phantom esper (w/ xzone....I think) pretty early on in the game >=\.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i]
[B]Yeah Orlandu is freakishly strong, but that makes it even worse when he's confused or charmed. Besides Beowulf's chicken does squat to bosses like Elmdor, heh besides making them easier to hit I mean. Even WITH Orlandu, a group of tiamats or red dragons can still cause trouble. FF8 was the cheapest of the cheap I think, u don't even NEED aura, just kill off one guy and cast life, instant-ready-for-limit breaks >=(. Anyway I didn't find Sabin's blitz to be that cheap, Bum Rush did just as much as Ultima would do. What I thought kind of ruined the game was the vanish - xzone/doom combo, it works on almost every boss! Ugh it's like you want to beat them w/o using it, but if all ur guys are dead except one you'd most likely xzone them away, made it incredibly too ez, and you get the phantom esper (w/ xzone....I think) pretty early on in the game >=\. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ho boy, that Vanish-Xzone trick is awsome, thou it takes allot of fun out of the game. Its like using a pionex(sp) down on an undead enemy, instant, ungratifying, kill.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i]
[B]and you get the phantom esper (w/ xzone....I think) pretty early on in the game >=\. [/B][/QUOTE]

During your first visit to vector... which is roughly a quarter into the game.