OtakuBoards

If You're Gullible, Don't Read This

EVA Unit 100

Today, 4Kids announced that they had stolen the license to the previously FUNimation-dubbed anime series "Fullmetal Alchemist". Their new dub of the series, set to premiere April 1st, 2007 on 4KidsTV, shall be retitled "Halfmetal Beatboxers".

"The original dub we found to be too intense for our intended audience," said Alfred Kahn in an interview. "This new dub acknowledges the ever-growing need to appeal to the widely-growing anti-occult demographic along with kids' taste in bad rap music or whatever they is supposed to like nowadays. The show was widely popular in Japan, and so we had to change it drastically in order for it to have any success in America. Don't worry, Wapanese of America. You'll still get to see that ultra-babe Winey Rapbell..." Kahn refused to make any further comment on the subject.

An insider from 4Kids Entertainment has leaked episode summaries of the entire 5-episode series of "Halfmetal Beatboxers", although talks are being made concerning the possibility of America-exclusive episodes depending on the ratings:

Episode 1: To Duel The Sun
In a perfectly executed attempt at the Alkacircle beatboxing technique, Ul succeeded in turning his body into metal. Unfortunately, Id was only transformed halfway. Cutting 2 days in the future, Id and Ul are on a journey to turn Id fully metal. Unfortunately, Papa Yoyoyo dares to attack them, so Id and Ul use their Alkacircles to outrap the master!

Episode 2: How to Buy Alkacircles
Id and Ul's Mommy always gave them allowance to spend on Alkacircles. Unfortunately, when Mommy was dragged into the dungeon, Id and Ul had to make their own Alkacircle. Thus began their big adventure.

Episode 3: I Wanna Be A Doggy
Ninny always dreamed of turning into a cute little doggy. When Id and Ul meet Ninny, they beatbox Ninny into following her dreams.

Episode 4: Destroy All Writters
Id and Ul, after joining the FCC and becoming censors, are sent on a mission: kill the book nut Chessy.

Episode 5: MEGA_BATTLE!
ID AND UL BOTH BECOME MEGAMETAL BY DEFEATING ALL OF THE WORLD'S SEVEN DEADLY WRITTERS WITH DISCO GUNS AND TONS OF CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't know this thread's exact purpose. Hope you don't mind an addition. :animeshy:

Additionally, 4Kids has stolen the license to ghost in the Shell, which formerly belonged Bandai Entertainment. "Given that the original GitS had extreme violence, language, nudity, and mature and engaging subject matter," says 4Kids executive, "I see no reason we can't give the show a child-friendly image."

The entire series has been redone. Motoko Kusanagi is now leader of Barbie police force Section 9. She gets help from her other doll friends as they track down a friendly, lovable prankster known as the Laughing Man. Many deep literary works are still cited within the show and make up a key part of the series, such as [I]The Cat in the Hat, Winnie the Pooh,[/I] and the classic thriller/murder mystery [I]Goodnight Moon.[/I]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][QUOTE=EVA Unit 100]Episode 4: Destroy All Writters
Id and Ul, after joining the FCC and becoming censors, are sent on a mission: kill the book nut Chessy.[/QUOTE]

Well, they wouldn't say "kill." They'd 'STOP' the book nut Chessy[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#656446]Oh? I thought [b]Blood+[/b] was the only 4kids project slated for the 2nd quarter of the year. [quote]...The trailer premiered last March 15 and the pilot episode will air on the 21st of June. Due to the bloody and violent nature of this anime however, the team was and still is hard at work making the cult phenomenon [i]Blood+[/i] child-friendly. We shall postpone other ongoing editing projects to later dates and allow our staff to direct their focus on this undertaking.[/quote]
Tut tut.[/COLOR]

[quote name='silver_blade]Many deep literary works are still cited within the show and make up a key part of the series, such as [I]The Cat in the Hat, Winnie the Pooh,[/I] and the classic thriller/murder mystery [I']Goodnight Moon.[/I][/quote]

Oh, but 4Kids wouldn't even do something that intelligent. They don't want kids to be reading, remember?

Guest Stafal-chan
HAHAHAHA this thread is sooo random i love it...hahaha note to all : beware of robotic lobsters and gnomes...they attack i swear hahaha ^_^

• 3 months later...
[color=#007520]Aceburner, please don't reopen threads that are long dead; they're dead for a reason.

This thread was an April Fools joke and is no longer relevant since Full Metal Alchemist has already been on television (in full, I believe).

Thread Closed.

-r2[/color]