OtakuBoards

Love

Guest Gun Preacher

Guest Gun Preacher
I want to know your definition of love

My def of love is to be able to always feel connected with one another.

[color=dodgerblue]Hmmm... I guess it's hard for me to describe love. Unfortunately nowadays a lot of people mistake [i]love[/i] for [i]lust[/i]. I myself think of love as an undying friendship, where you find no fault in the other, and they in you. Love would have to be something that changes you for the better, though sometimes if it's a one-sided love, it can just hurt like hell and devour you, so sometimes love can be a bad thing.[/color]

it's hard to put love into words. but i agree with all of you. Love is undying friendship, how you feel about someone, and how you are connected to someone. however, it is possible to truely love someone even if you don't share a connection. and eventhough you love someone, doens't mean that you find no fault in them. I guess the only way to descride love is how Hanabishi Recca, by example using God and/ or Jesus. Love is to hard to describe with words, for it is too widespread. Like shinjitsu said, people have a hard time drawing a line between love and lust.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]there was a point where i thought love had no meaning, that what we did, and what we felt were just suppose to happen, but honestly, had no meaning.I thought this because, i always fought with my sister, we would always tell each other we hated one another, and that we wouldn't care if we burned in hell etc, but whenever someone asks me do you love your sister/mom/relative? i somehow say yes, without even thinking about.
Well, that's one love, family love and what not.
But i think love means to always be there for one another, have a mutual friendship, and an undying trust. Someone had posted that alot of people were mistaking love for lust, and that true actually.
When you love, you don't think about it whenever they ask u if u love them; you just say yes, and whenever its lust, you'll think about it, and wonder if you really do love them or if it's just want.
This probably made no sense, hope it does though, i'm getting confuzzled myself..!![/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]
A feeling of ecstacy. An overwhelming desire to be with another person. The greatest and worst feeling in the world. Everything. Passion. A willingness to sacrifice anything and everything for another person. The word i use around those i'm closest to.

^L^

Later.

[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[quote][b]love[/b], n.

[b] 1.[/b] A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
[b]2.[/b] A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.
[b]3.[/b]
3a. Sexual passion.
3b. Sexual intercourse.
3c. A love affair.
[b]4.[/b] An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
[b]5.[/b] A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
[b]6.[/b] An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.
[b]7.[/b]
7a. A strong predilection or enthusiasm: a love of language.
7b. The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.[/quote]

Well there you have it.

I think love is being with someone you would do anything for and they would do anything for you. You feel unexplained happiness just knowing they are near you. You see all the faults he/she may have, and those imperfections make that person even more dear to you. Love is accepting someone for who they are and being accepted in return, being happy just because you are together. At least that would be my ideal.

Guest Gun Preacher
yes most people do get love and lust mixed.

as for the married person not to put you out put did you have love for that person or lust.

and after reading this i have learned that many of us a different and unique defs of love

i think it is for some one to love you for who you are in death,life,sickness,health,whether we have riches or no wealth even when you sin and are time on this earth ends i will love from beggining to end.
written by
ME!

[quote name='Gun Preacher']as for the married person not to put you out put did you have love for that person or lust.[/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]LOL! That is so funny and almost INSULTING that you ask that. I was with the guy for FOUR YEARS before we decided to get married. There was a whole WHOLE lot more involved than "lust." I have to say it was probably love because of all the sacrificies I made for him over the years. He really molded me into an almost completely different person, and I'm just now realizing that I'm not the naive little girl I once was. I've never really been able to put my foot down when it came to people wronging me and doing something about it, but I am just getting completely FED UP with that. It's about time I had a strong backbone.

I'm mostly saying that you shouldn't have to sacrifice your entire being if you're "in love," such as friendships, family values, core fundamental beliefs, etc. Some things are worth doing, though, so it's not ALL negative. Just make sure that you have truly thought things through. I have a hard time with that, because I'm such a "forgive and forget" type person, but now I am having to go back and realize that I might have just made a horrible mistake, and that as long as I keep "forgiving" and "forgetting" the same things that offend me are just going to keep continuing on.

I would say lust has nothing to do with it at all. If I wanted sex, I could go out and get it probably from just about anyone I wanted. I was with him for so much more than that, you know?[/color][/size]

it's something you feel when you find the right chick, it's like your throat fills with water, and you cant talk, but your body english shows it. it's that feeling you get when your conscience scrams:

conscience: THAT'S HER, THAT'S HER!

and the screaming doesnt stop, and you find yourself relating to alot of her hobbies and etc..... i think..... =/

thank you for your time.

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Oh, what is love? I think there are a lot of different definitions for that four letter word.

For example. I love my daughter. I mean [b]REALLY[/b] love my daughter. I would do anything for her. Even give her a vital organ.

But I also love my friends to varying degrees of course.

I think my love for my friends can be classified in different levels. For example with most of my friends my lovbe for them means I can tell them pretty much anything from what's up with my divorce to really personal issues and stuff like that.

I really have nothing to add except- Asuka good luck in your marriage. I know how fun they CAN'T be.[/color][/font]

For me Freindship and Trust are the foundations for Love.

In a weird way you have to have lust to start love. Let me explain; Lust to me is to want, and nothing more. You have to want to see that person again, to talt to them, you want to look into there eyes to see if they feel the same way. Sure the physical excests, but you have to put trust into your partner that you can talk about it in a serious way. Do you want to have a baby, right now or later. How will you keep your selves protected and in this day in age you might want to get checked for STD's unfortunatly because you want to trust in them and vice versa, but you got to keep your self safe and if the person loves you they will understand, if not then they might not be the one your looking for. It all starts with a Lust and creates a Trust and Freindship that can last forever.But thats just my veiw.

[SIZE=1]love is where someone would describe you my your personality and soul, rather than your looks.

...haha, my friend told me that one, but i believe in that too =]

[B]on a family-like level:[/B]
love is where you'd protect them no matter how many times you feel like you want to kill them but in the end you don't because you're not truely mad at them (ex. me and my sisters always fight, and i usually hate their guts, but i also love them very much)
[B]
on a friendship level:[/B]
love in a friendship is where you can communicate easily and easily relate to that person. there can be bumps in the road here too, but friendship is where both people(s) are a positive influence to one another...or something like that =]

[B]on a romantic level:[/B]
love on this kind of leve is where i can't explain it ^^" . i mean...i know it but i can't say what it is in words.

[B]but on a unrequited level:[/B]
hurts like hell =]

well there's my two-cents! ^.^[/SIZE]