OtakuBoards

Does age really matter?

Sayuri-sama

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]Is it becuase they are more mature?

I guess you won't mind it when you are 20 then, yes?[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Navy]The guy is real nice and where im from iy wouldnt be such a big deal if we did hook up.But not actually dating just marriage.[/COLOR]

[font=Trebuchet MS][quote name='Up4anime][/font][color=Navy]But not actually dating just marriage.[/color'][font=Trebuchet MS][/quote] So ... all the commitment with none of the fun?

You're thirteen years old, for goodness' sake. Live your life a bit before thinking about marriage.
[/font]

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS] So ... all the commitment with none of the fun?

You're thirteen years old, for goodness' sake. Live your life a bit before thinking about marriage.
[/font][/QUOTE][COLOR=Navy]I dont mean now i mean like in 3 ,more years.But the whole point is i dont think he's waiting.He dosent even know i like him.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Raiyuu][font=Trebuchet MS] So ... all the commitment with none of the fun?

[/font][/QUOTE]

Arigato!

[QUOTE]I dont mean now i mean like in 3 more years. [B]But the whole point is i dont think he's waiting.[/B]He dosent even know i like him.[/QUOTE]

[B]I think there is a reason for that. [/B][B]To tell the truth, I don't think he would want to marry someone who's 7 or 8 years younger. Now, I am not saying there isn't hope. I am saying don't be surprised if you get turned down. I think it would be better if you wanted someone your age, or at least someone close! [/B]

[QUOTE]The guy is real nice and where im from iy wouldnt be such a big deal if we did hook up.But not actually dating just marriage.[/QUOTE]

So your saying that you don't really like him enough to deal with him if he isn't going to marry you? That is weird. Most people want to date but not marriage. But either way, to say that you want to marry someone that is older, [insert random attraction], I suppose you know that there are more out there.

Thanks for your time,

David

PS, I am not trying to make you uncomfortable. I just like to understand.

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]Arigato!

[B]I think there is a reason for that. [/B][B]To tell the truth, I don't think he would want to marry someone who's 7 or 8 years younger. Now, I am not saying there isn't hope. I am saying don't be surprised if you get turned down. I think it would be better if you wanted someone your age, or at least someone close! [/B]

So your saying that you don't really like him enough to deal with him if he isn't going to marry you? That is weird. Most people want to date but not marriage. But either way, to say that you want to marry someone that is older, [insert random attraction], I suppose you know that there are more out there.

Thanks for your time,

David

PS, I am not trying to make you uncomfortable. I just like to understand.[/QUOTE][COLOR=Navy]It's fine i wont be surprised if he turns me down.In fact im not even gonna talk to him.Just watching him is enough.I dont really like any of the boys my age there are so immature.And the guys that I know who are 14/15 dont have good personalities.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Up4anime][COLOR=Navy']It's fine i wont be surprised if he turns me down.In fact im not even gonna talk to him.Just watching him is enough.I dont really like any of the boys my age there are so immature.And the guys that I know who are 14/15 dont have good personalities.[/COLOR][/quote]

Are you talking about me?

Just kidding. I'm not 14 XD

Well, I suppose that sounds... perverted that you are just going to watch him...

But, I don't exactly understand how these things work. I am trying to get it right, but it is hard to understand why you wouldn't try.

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]Are you talking about me?

Just kidding. I'm not 14 XD

Well, I suppose that sounds... perverted that you are just going to watch him...

But, I don't exactly understand how these things work. I am trying to get it right, but it is hard to understand why you wouldn't try.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Navy]No im not talking about you(lol)
I guess it's just the guys i know.
I just like looking at him.But i dont see him much only like 3 or 4 times a yeart but on thiose times i see him all day basically.Everyone knows him basically andn I think he's getting married anyway.I dont know if it's a rumor or not but i heard it from my very unsupportive friends.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Up4anime][COLOR=Navy]No im not talking about you(lol)
I guess it's just the guys i know.
I just like looking at him.But i dont see him much only like 3 or 4 times a year but on those times i see him all day basically.Everyone knows him basically and I think he's getting married anyway.I dont know if it's a rumor or not but i heard it from my very unsupportive friends.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Well, there are somethings that people [like me] just need to let go of.
Yet I have, sometimes it isn't plesent to be around when you do [But of coruse you have to ^^].

Some times I see someones out-ward appearence and don't like them, and yet there personality is great.

I don't really think it is possible to have a perfect mate. So, I keep thinking why try?
Yet at other times, I think it would be nice to have one.
I'm still young, no reason to think about it.

There are people I like because of there personality, and yet there looks aren't great. Women always say that it doesn't matter what you look like... That is a lie.
If it doesn't matter what we men look like then why is it that women care until they acually know who we are?

I desided to forget what has happend, and push forward to what is going to happen. To make what needs to happen, happen.

The think about age, liking someone, dateing, breaking up, marrying, ect.
Is that people care until they get married [Or at least most women do.].
And if someone liked someone enough, don't you think that they would talk to them once in a while?

I went to one of my older friends for help someone, I think my older friend is right.
Just let it go.

So, if you are looking at him because he looks 'good' in your eyes, that first of all sounds scary, second of all he's much older, third of all there is still chance if you want to go for it.
My grandma and grandpa married six or seven years apart!

[QUOTE=Hanabishi Recca]Well, there are somethings that people [like me] just need to let go of.
Yet I have, sometimes it isn't plesent to be around when you do [But of coruse you have to ^^].

Some times I see someones out-ward appearence and don't like them, and yet there personality is great.

I don't really think it is possible to have a perfect mate. So, I keep thinking why try?
Yet at other times, I think it would be nice to have one.
I'm still young, no reason to think about it.

There are people I like because of there personality, and yet there looks aren't great. Women always say that it doesn't matter what you look like... That is a lie.
If it doesn't matter what we men look like then why is it that women care until they acually know who we are?

I desided to forget what has happend, and push forward to what is going to happen. To make what needs to happen, happen.

The think about age, liking someone, dateing, breaking up, marrying, ect.
Is that people care until they get married [Or at least most women do.].
And if someone liked someone enough, don't you think that they would talk to them once in a while?

I went to one of my older friends for help someone, I think my older friend is right.
Just let it go.

So, if you are looking at him because he looks 'good' in your eyes, that first of all sounds scary, second of all he's much older, third of all there is still chance if you want to go for it.
My grandma and grandpa married six or seven years apart![/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Navy]Actually it's not about his looks.he's just soooooo nice and I admire that about him.i usually dont like people for there looks.I see there personality.I usually like the guy no one else does.My friends think im crazy for liking this guy I like now because they really dont think he looks good.They think he's nice and all but that's it.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sayuri-sama']hey i thought i should start this topic because of something occuring in my life currently. just about a month or so ago, i happened to fall (yet again) for this guy i recently met. except, he not like all the rest. hes so sweet and hes got the most gorgeous green-gold eyes that are always changing color. lol! nomally i would like guys just for looks , then worry about personatlity, but this time its been different.i actually got to know him first and i just cant help it! i really like him. those eyes simply charm me! lol! but i recently found out hes about 4 years older than me, but hes a junior because he came from another country. my sister doesnt approve of it and she says hes too old for me. now question to you guys is this: does age really matter? i am wrong to like some one older than me?[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]That's the original first post.
*sigh* Toots, I know a lot of adults who are married to people 3,4,5, even 6 years apart and they're very happy, old couples. haha. My own parents are 4 years apart. I'm not saying that it would work for everyone, but if he cares for you, give it a shot on the ice. Just don't get carried away with the emotions, k, doll? Age matters a lot more in this generation because of the public. Age is really important to a lot of people. ^_~ Attraction doesn't care. Good luck and tread carefully. [/COLOR]

in my opion i think its disgusting...Its just me...I do not agree to minors like us to be dating people 4 years older then us. Think about it...Just recently i had this probelm with a friend of mine. She had a bf that was 19 and she was only 15.They dated for like a month then the guy has kept talking to her about sex.always saying "baby i love you so much i wont ever leave you" Then the day before valentines day they had sex the day after he dumped her..She tells me over and over about her mistake i promiss you its not a joke god as my witness. Im always hearing stories about the dating issue thingy then when the people that expericned it i hear so much how they regret it. Dont make a choice what alot others make. Its just my statement it may not mean nothing but its just to let you know. If you would go on and date him if something bad will happen then i dont know what to say. But i promiss you after 3-5 years looking back on it.You'll regret it...

If i were you...i wouldnt do it

Edit: and another thing. I know adult over 21 date like 4 years apart...buts thats diffrent its perfectly legal for them and its thier choice..Heck my parents are 6 years aprat and they make a perfect couple.They have their bad times but only once in awhile...But anywayz. The age diffrence of him almost being 18 and you still a minor...thats illegal...he would sorta be considered as a pedifle...

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]Well. I guess it all depends on maturity.

I really love my guy friends.And half of them are a grade behind me. And they seem to be more mature than the ones my age and grade.
I can actually talk to them on the phone for an hour without long, uncomfortable pauses.

But thats all about brother-sister sort of love.I already made the mistake of getting "involved" with one to leave me a bitter mess for about a month.
Actually the bitter got left behind.

But,again, thats beside the point.

If you feel comfortable with him, you can actually talk together and you don't get annoyed by him acting like a 4th grader,because he actually doesn't, go for it![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]It?s been mentioned in this thread before, but if you are jailbait then yes age matters. If you find you can?t wait until you are considered legal for a more intimate relationship then it?s even more important to wait. To be blunt at that point a person probably isn?t mature enough for the responsibility that comes from a more intimate relationship.

Once you get past the legal age issue I don?t see a problem with liking someone older or younger than you. I know many adults that are anywhere from 1 to 15 years apart and yet they are happily married.

For simple dating I think that age does not matter, but beyond that it?s important to wait until you are old enough for the more serious stuff. [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Sayuri-sama, I don't see a problem with age difference unless it borders on pedophilia or breaks a couple of laws. In fact, the age difference between my parents will really blow everyone out of their minds.

My mother is 46, and for as long as I can remember she's been looking for a boyfriend. Throughout the whole ordeal of dealing with my mother's various boyfriends, she's had her best friend beside her all the while. Back then, I knew him as Uncle Lou. As my mom's best friend and former raquetball trainer, the two were always in contact in some way, shape, or form. In a way, Uncle Lou was always like a father to me.

Then came the clincher. When I was in Middle School, Mom and Uncle Lou got married. This was a woman, then 40, and her best friend, in his late 60s, tying the knot together. It's so bad that I have people mistaking my dad for my grandfather.

Well, he is my dad, but about as old as my grandparents.

However, in terms of maturity, my dad always says that he's 39. He certainly acts like someone that age. My mother, on the other hand, is a very serious person; she's a former adjunct professor at my college and currently a therapist at Hospice. Also, she's working on getting her PhD and hopes to eventually become as Liscenced Mental Health Councelor.

So, bluntly, age makes no difference at all as long as no laws are broken and the parties involved are compatible with each other. I end my tale.[/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms]I'm actually dealing with a problem where I got dumped by a girl who's two years younger than me for a guy who is two years older than me. She's jailbait and I just find myself worried about her situation. She blindly loves him, although he has a tricky reputation. He only goes out with young girls, four years difference or even more and he doesn't see the wrong in that. As long as she's happy, I can't really mind it too much. However, I am in the mind that this guy is sick, I just don't want her hurt.

Just a personal experience. :)[/font]