OtakuBoards

I have a question on hearts.

Fall

What is it with people saying they've got a broken heart when they lose their love or some crap like that, when if you had a broken heart, you'd die?!! I've heard people say "You broke my heart" when they see someone for over a year or something. But your heart keeps you alive. .....and they're still alive........

Now I know that there's that little red "love heart" that stands for love, but people draw a heart, with an arrow through it, and then send it to the fiance! what the hell is wrong here.......?!?!

I might be a bit stupid on this topic, but someone please tell me what a thing that keeps you alive has to do with love?! The thing that keeps you alive isn't even in the shape of a heart, it's in a mushy circle shape...........

..*pant* ...just had to ask this.......'cause i'm very confused. *pant*.......*pant*......

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]What is it with people saying they've got a broken heart when they lose their love or some crap like that, when if you had a broken heart, you'd die?!! I've heard people say "You broke my heart" when they see someone for over a year or something. But your heart keeps you alive. .....and they're still alive........

Now I know that there's that little red "love heart" that stands for love, but people draw a heart, with an arrow through it, and then send it to the fiance! what the hell is wrong here.......?!?!

I might be a bit stupid on this topic, but someone please tell me what a thing that keeps you alive has to do with love?! The thing that keeps you alive isn't even in the shape of a heart, it's in a mushy circle shape...........

..*pant* ...just had to ask this.......'cause i'm very confused. *pant*.......*pant*...... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well for the You Broke my heart thing, Its a figure of speech. Meaning something that really didnt happen. Like go and break a leg out on the stage, same thing. Now for the heart with the arrow, ever heard of CUPID? The lil angel naked with the LOVE arrows? Thats what the arrow is for. Hope that helped.

I dont know, Probably St. Valentine, if you are a Catholic you understand. The dude that made Valentines day, so i dunno really. No one knows i guess. Its a big mystery.

[COLOR=indigo][i]Cupid[/i] is the Roman translation of Eros, Greek God of Love. His arrows induce love, and sexual lust. This is why, when Cupid strikes anyone with an arrow, they immediately fall in love. A heart with a cupid's arrow through it, is a heart that has experienced true love. Hmm... I hope this helps you understand the [i]heart and arrow[/i] thing. Forte basically summed up the "Broken Heart" part-of-speech.[/COLOR] :lecture:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i]
[B][COLOR=indigo][i]Cupid[/i] is the Roman translation of Eros, Greek God of Love. His arrows induce love, and sexual lust. This is why, when Cupid strikes anyone with an arrow, they immediately fall in love. A heart with a cupid's arrow through it, is a heart that has experienced true love. Hmm... I hope this helps you understand the [i]heart and arrow[/i] thing. Forte basically summed up the "Broken Heart" part-of-speech.[/COLOR] :lecture: [/B][/QUOTE]
thank you for making the broken heart lecture short and easy to understand!:genius: :lecture: :alcohol: :gulp:

Guest Voodookanaka
coz thats where it hurts, that area, u may not believe it now, but it does, if u ever truelly fall in love, your heart does actually go cacacoocoo, and when she hurts u, it feels like your heart sinks into your stomach, and shrinks almost as though its given up.....................:bawl: :bawl:

Well, haven't you ever realized that it's the [i]area of the heart[/i] that hurts or feels like it's going to explode whenever you get those intense emotions?? If everyone got those feeling in the feet, then people and songs would go around saying 'oh, my broken foot' 'that :cussing: broke my foot!' 'it hurts to have a broken foot'. Heh, that's kinda comical. Anyway, you get my point (I hope :toothy: :drunk: )