OtakuBoards

Curing Warts =/

visualkei

Hey, guys. I'm sure a lot of you have grown up and somehow got warts. Well, it took me a really long time to figure out that these weird things growing around my fingernails are warts, because they aren't round, so I finally gave up and went to the doctor.

I was desperate. I had surgery on my worst finger, and then froze a wart on another. Since my fingers are now healing, I noticed that the stem of the warts on both fingers are not entirely removed. I don't want to have half of my fingernail cut off or frozen-- especially since it didn't work! I just bought some liquid salicylic acid, applied it and realized-- now what?

Do I let it dry and peel it off, or just leave it on until the next day? I don't know what to do, no dermatologist/pharmacist is working right now to call. And the directions in the box say to let it dry, but I don't know if I'm supposed to peel it off right afterwards. If you have used this treatment before, please let me know what's the next step!

Also if there's some medicine or alternative treatment you'd recommend, let me know!

Thanks!

[COLOR=#004a6f]First of all, I want to say that I am not recommending this method, I've just heard from my mother that it worked.

My mother used to have a huge problem with warts when she was younger. She was told by her mom's friend that if you wash your hands with the water that was used to bathe a dead person, it would heal her warts (I don't know if non-muslims do this, but muslims wash the dead before they are buried).

I know what you're thinking: "EWWWW!"

Anyway, my mom actually tried this and it actually worked. Now it might just be a coincidence, but who knows? Maybe a dead person's skin has some sort chemical or something.[/COLOR]