OtakuBoards

Wallpaper Making

Guest clockworkfaerie

Guest clockworkfaerie
the digital kind, of course. :)
hi everyone, this is my first post here at the otakuboards!!! :animesmil w00t! now:
i drew a picture, and i want to make it into a wallpaper to put on the background of MyOtaku. my current resolution is 1024 x 768; can i just resize my artwork (say, in microsoft picture manager or some such) to that size, or is there something else i need to do?? thanks anyone who responds!
-[COLOR=Orange]Michelle[/COLOR]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Did you draw this picture on paper or in a program? And if it's on paper, do you have a scanner and have you scanned it yet? If you have the file on your computer in one way or another, you can try just setting it as your background - the computer will stretch it to fill the screen which usually doesn't look too bad though it does depend on the original dimensions of the image.[/color][/font]

[color=#4B0082]I think she's trying to put the picture up as a background on her myOtaku site, not as her desktop wallpaper.

In which case, yes, you can simply resize the image to 1024x768 and then set it as your myOtaku background. It will still tile vertically to fill the entire page, however, unless you use a bit of CSS to make the background image stay in place while the rest of the page scrolls. (You can take a look at [url=http://www.sweethypocrisies.com/rupees/myotaku/htmlfaq-other.html][u]this little page[/u][/url] of mine to see how to do that.) Also, if someone is using a different resolution from you, the image will tile or be cut off for them depending on whether their resolution is higher or lower than 1024x768, but that can't really be helped.[/color]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Heh, after re-reading the post, I see what you're saying... Oops. When I see resolution though, I automatically jump to desktop background as the dimensions of an image on a website never really matter due to different desktop resolutions.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]But yes, to add to Desbreko's post, follow what he said to do and then just make sure it's hosted somewhere online so you can link to it.[/color][/font]

• 4 weeks later...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=SeaGreen]I don't know if this belongs in this or not, so please forgive if it doesn't. :animeswea

I've already had two wallpapers accepted during the time I've been at Otaku, and whenever it doesn't work, it's because I screwed the size up or something. But I've been trying to submit several different ones lately, and they ALL show up as an error reading: You must choose your wallpaper to be uploaded.

I make all my things in the Paint program, so I thought maybe it was just that one making a mistake. But it does that for over three different wallpapers, and it's never said that before, even though I'm using a valid file.

Does anyone know why it's doing this? I don't know if it matters, but these are my only ones containing screenshots I used from my computer, but I didn't think it did, since so many other people can use screenshots and they're still uploaded. :animesigh Would that matter at all?

PG[/COLOR][/FONT]