OtakuBoards

Thread combining

Lt.Zero

[font=Trebuchet MS]Play It has a specific rule that says there should only be one thread per game. It's to stop the forum getting clogged up with seven billion Final Fantasy topics, essentially. You can find the detail of the rule in the Rules page (left sidebar) or in the Play It sticky rules thread, at the top of the Play It forum. Basically, before starting a thread about a game, search the forum to see if one already exists. The usual rules about gravedigging don't apply here, you can bring back threads that have been dead for weeks.[/font]

[color=#4B0082]I just happened to remember there being a thread about the Metal Gear series in general a while ago, which was pretty much what your thread was as well, so I merged them. (Their thread was older, so it remained as the original, while yours was stuck on the end as new posts.) For threads that aren't specific to a single game or piece of hardware, the "one thread" rule doesn't expessly apply, but I find it's also handy to have only one thread dedicated to a particular series. We also have the "Final Fantasy Fan Thread" for all things FF and the "Dance Dance Revolution" thread for all things DDR, which have been popular threads, so the "Metal Gear Series" thread is pretty much the same thing. It gives people a place they can go to talk about anything relating to more than one game in the series.

I think I'm going to add these series threads and any others I can find to the Play It Thread Directory so that they'll be more visible.[/color]