OtakuBoards

For Music People...

Guest szyJYM

I haven't never heard of that or them or whatever it is, but speaking of music, have you guys ever heard of the band Mindless Self Indulgence? I've heard a few of their songs and they are hilarious. The lead singer changes the pitch of his voice constantly. It's especially hilarious in the "Bring the Pain" remakes.

And also, has everyone heard Manson's remake of "Tainted Love?" It sounds so awesome! And the video was awesome, too. I saw it last night at my Dance Line Chritmas party and all of them were wide-eyed and me and Katie Jane were all like "SWEET!" It was pretty coo! ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by masterfork [/i]
[B]hell yah, he's an awesome composer. The one that invented serialism (the 12 tone system) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, though I heard it as called expressionism.
That is some weird stuff.

D*star, this Schoenberg guy was a composer in the early 1900's; that's probably why you never heard of him.

expressionism is more of a general style of music that began at the start of the 20th century, all that inner artistic stuff. serialism is a style of music developed in the same time which uses a definite order of notes that are the thematic basis for a musical composition.. basically what I'm trying to say is they're different =]