OtakuBoards

Upcoming RP- The Turks [M-LSV]

Monkatraz

I at first thought of this idea a while ago but decided not to make it (though I did post the initial idea on the boards), but after watching Advent Children I now want to make it more than ever... so I am.

Right now I'm still thinking up possibilities for the general plot and time setting but heres what is definite: the players will play as members of Shin-Ra's elite intelligence and assasination unit, The Turks. I haven't decided if the story will take place before the events of Final Fantasy 7 (during the glory days of Shin-Ra) or after the events of Advent Children (helping to rebuild the once great company). Some of the players will be veteran members and others new recruits who technically aren't full members.

If anyone has any advice, ideas, or general feedback (such as wether they'd want to play during the evil, but glorious days of Shin-Ra before FF7 or during the days in which they are going to help rebuild the world) just post it here, or PM me if you'd like.

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium] I just saw the movie afew days ago and been thinking about it. What I would prefer is after the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Now if the story would be taken place after the events, will the ordinary be a part in this?

Sounds like something I would enjoy, so If you need any help with it, just P.M. and I'll try to help in anyway.[/FONT]

The Turks were always my favorites in the FF7 game and I also planned on building an RPG off of them, but more people didn't really know them well enough and/or play them well enough to make a successful game out of them. But if you pull it off, I'd be more than willing to have a sniff at the sign ups.

[color=#FF3366][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=1]A year after the FFVII: Advent Children our heroes where actually doing Kingdom Hearts 2 except Vincent, 'cause his cool like that. He was doing the whole Dirge of Cerberus thing, Leon. Yet no one knows what exactly the turks where doing after ADVENT CHILDREN. So it would be fun doing a RP to fill that plot whole.

What I seen from the movie the turks fame seem to...diminish. Even so they seem to have become better at what they do- matured. Yet before the events of FVII, what the turks where actually doing seemed fuzzy. You can kinda a better idea of Vincent story life, a once famous turk.

Making a before FFVII RP will be diffucult. Thinking all assinations, information, and missions the turks might have done before FFVII will hurt the brain. If done wrong the whole idea and plot of the real game might be ruined. No one knows how to do this correctly other then the ones that worked on the FFVII project. The only thing that gives you insight of this is a mobile game that revolves around events that happened before FVII. Unfourtanetly the mobile to play this game is a JAPANESE ONLY mobile. (sigh)

Yet I might be wrong about doing before FVII events........

So after ADVENT CHILDREN will be the most likely choose. Especially since ADVENT CHILDREN is in DVD now and game fans will be all over it. Again, listen to me on your own risk. You can read what the others and I wrote about this. Yet the true decision is what you really feel on doing. [/SIZE] [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SlowChemical][color=#FF3366][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=1]A year after the FFVII: Advent Children our heroes where actually doing Kingdom Hearts 2 except Vincent, 'cause his cool like that. He was doing the whole Dirge of Cerberus thing, Leon.[/SIZE] [/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

Err...

Any character from another franchise is not canon to Kingdom Hearts. That means even though FF7 characters are in KH, their appearances don't affect their stories in the original game. Also, Dirge of Cerberus happens after FF7, but before Advent Children.

After Advent Children, Rufus wants to rebuild Shinra to it's former glory. But, he wants to undo the damage his father and himself did to the planet. So I doubt he'll do anything to put the new Shinra in a negative position to the people.

I say that the RPG would fit better before the events of FF7, much like Before Crisis. [spoiler]But, I don't know when Shinra itself was formed. It was creating firearms and such before it went to war with Wutai. That's when Shinra started to form Mako Energy from the Lifestream, and became in power of the government. [/spoiler]

So, here is some helpful links.

[u][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinra]Shinra[/url][/u]
[u][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Turks]The Turks[/url][/u]
[u][url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Before_Crisis:_Final_Fantasy_VII#Turks]Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII[/url][/u]

I hope I help some. It sounds like a neat idea, and it would be cool to be apart of it.

[color=#FF3366][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Lol, thanks for proving me wrong Ayokano. I knew what I said sounded wierd. Yet I think about Kingdom Hearts 2 the have the same exact clothes as the movie. The movie was two years after the whole kaboom thing. As you said the movie not be relevent to KH2 but they had to add some fact into it. I think, not sure. My facts might be wrong since it has been a long time since I seen the movie. I have a tendecy to write unstead of looking at things...-.-

Well you see your right about what Rufus wants to do with Shinra now. Yet it does depend if Monkatraz wants to do a negetive (past) or positive (future) side of the Turks. Well some people see things as bad, some as good. -shrugs- [/FONT] [/SIZE][/color]