1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is the corniest person?

• The Yu-Gi Oh Cast
    • Tuxedo Mask
    • The DBZ Cast
    • The Megaman Cast
    • Other

Guest elektraeriseros
You guys know Bobobo-bo-bobobo.....everything about it screams corny!!

[QUOTE=waywardwarrior]
And Bobobobobobobo!
Here's Why: WTF?!? This show is messed up! He fights with his nose hair....i repeat, he fights with his nose hair! What else could possibly be more corny?? Why is it still on the air?[/QUOTE]

i agree!! and what's with the names of the villians....Jelly Jiggler? C'mon!!

[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=Sienna][B]elektraeriseros[/B] there are two problems here with your posts. First of all do not double post if you wish to add something just use the edit post button located in the lower right hand corner of your post. Also, just listing a show saying it's corny without an explanation is spam. Please take a moment to review the rules and faq located on the left side bar of the forum. Also it's a good idea to check out the sticky threads at the top of a section to make sure you are following the rules for that area as well. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Dark Neko-Chan][COLOR=DarkRed]Hm. The Dragon Ball Z cast... There's absolutely no point to the entire series, and you can only power up so much. [B]And why the heck are all of them, like, body builders?[/B] Even the kids! Besides, Goku must be one crappy dad if he's gonna let his-- what? twelve-year-old-- son fight some ailen freakoid from wherever! Okay, done with that.
The Yu-Gi-Oh! cast and the Pokemon cast 'cause they're all "friendship is magic and it will bring us through anything as long as we believe!"...
...DEAR GOD! THEY ARE WAAAAAAY TOO HAPPY AND OPTIMISTIC! I mean, in Pokemon, the world's about to get eaten by some huge thing and they're all Happy-Happy-Smile-Smile! Either that, or they start crying 'cause they're friends aren't running away and are risking their necks to save the world. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but how are three kids with an abscence of powerful Pokemon gonna save the world from a big, powerful... thing? Okay, done with that, too.
The English Naruto dub is pretty cheesey, too. I mean, anyone seen the part where they first bump into Haku? Naruto starts [B][I]crying[/I][/B]! In the manga he just got really pissed off! I mean, I love the manga dearly, but they did a horrible job on the dub. (And the same could be said for the Shaman King dub. [B]4kids is EVIL IN CARNATE![/B] :cussing: ) :modrod: See that little dude right there to the left of this text? That's what I wanna do to 4kids...! Okay, done with that, too.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

i agree with everything she said, it's true and it makes me very upset to see anime done so badly

Sailor Moon is another one,
I liked it yes, but they desroy the bad people to easily or something stupid like that, they always change attacks and they have to say the name of their attack EVERY FREKIN' TIME!!!!!

Suger the snow fairy is another series that makes me want to rip my hair out, the story has NO PLOT and the characters are to happy, they are bouncing around all hyreish and all that corny stuff. It's so pointless.

(Can't think of anymore!! :animeswea )

[QUOTE=Dead Leaves]Sorry but I cant say any Anime character is corny, because its anime...and I cant hate anything about it. So I'll just state why most people dont like some anime shows but like others (very shallow in my point of view but thats just me...not trying to step on any toes XD)
1. Never seen it in japanese which means they have only seen the american interpratation of it.
2. Never seen the uncut version of it (4kids...should die) A good example of this is Yu-gi-oh , if you have seen it on TV then you are seeing the 4kids version (If you have read the manga/shonen jump has it if you cant find it/ or watched the uncut version in japanese/ the way it is suppost to be/ then you know it is NOT a kids show, and you know what Im talking about.
3. I said this in 1 but I will restate it. If Voice actors are a reason then just watch the japanese version with subtitles which will be much more enjoyable for you.
4. It is very played out on TV (meaning that you dont like it because they show reruns/its an old anime/ lots of people like it) *How is this even an excuse?

:animesmil Thats all I have to say hope you like my imput.[/QUOTE]

those are my sentiments exactly! anime isn't lame-just remember that certain shows are aimed at certain audiences. For example, Pokemon and (sadly) the American dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! are aimed at the younger American audience. Others such as DBZ are aimed at the 7-13 age group. Whereas Fullmetal Alchemist and Inuyasha are geared toward the 14-and-older group. Then there are special cases, like Neon Genesis Evangelion, which, by our standards, is for people 18 or older.

other than that, some people dont like anime for other reasons. Some of my friends don't like Naruto Uzumaki's(I use his full name because i'm singling him out) english dub voice, saying it's too raspy and because he ALWAYS says "Believe it!" I don't mind this, but i still prefer his Japanese voice.

4Kids will perish. I will personally see to it that they do. ;)

If there are any lame anime characters, i suppose i could name a few. Sailor Moon was pretty lame. If they were trying to make a popular [I]female[/I] hero, they failed miserably. She practically [B]always[/B] had to get rescued by Tuxedo Mask, who was also lame on his part.

No offense to anyone, but i find Sasuke Uchiha to be quite lame also. For someone who wants to get stronger for a just cause like avenging his family, he shouldn't have to rely on a crazed devilish villain like Orochimaru.

This time i only have one thing to say. I think the ENTIRE pokemon show is CORNY. There lines almost never change and the hole I CHOOSE YOU thing is just plain annoying. That and all the nerses and cop people look EXACTLY the same! :animestun

[SIZE=1][QUOTE=Obesepanda]
...and Goku is straight from Dragon ball z, With the whole hunger and being sorta obnoxious and then in the heat of battle becoming like Uber serious and capable of destorying the planet.[/QUOTE]

I have to say something here, because Saiyuki is one of my favourite anime and manga.

I have no problem with you disliking the characters, hell, I have no problem with you hating the show. But you, my friend, don't know anything about it.

Gensomaden Saiyuki is based off a legend, the legeng of Son Goku the [I]Monkey King[/I]. Would you like to take a guess at which other anime is based off the same legend? Right! Dragon Ball Z! So yes, Goku from DB and from Saiyuki are similar because they're [I]based on the same person[/I]. Also, Son Goku from Saiyuki was chained in a cave, with bars and seals for years and years and years. I'd be a little hungry too.

If you want to bash an anime know your facts.

/end rant

[B]On topic:[/B]
I think people are getting mixed up with corny and annoying. Saying a character does something you don't like doesn't really make them corny, it just means you don't like them. I can't stand Naruto, but I don't think he's corny. Just pig-ignorant. I think corny characters are great, personally, and I'm sad that Sakura doesn't like Don Kanonji. ;_; He is love.

I think the corniest anime character I've ever come across is Tamaki, from Ouran High School Host Club. I adore him, but with his swishy hair, sparkles and rose petals he is a little over the top. But if he wasn't like that he'd be so...boring and average. Not every anime character needs to be an emo!cutter =p[/SIZE]

[B][COLOR=Red]I'd have to say Miroku from Inuyasha.[/COLOR][/B] [SIZE=2][/SIZE][FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]silverfox00[/B], please put a little more effort into your posts. Just saying a character is corny without much of an explanation is spam. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~Aaryanna[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]