Who is the corniest person?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is the corniest person?

• The Yu-Gi Oh Cast
    • Tuxedo Mask
    • The DBZ Cast
    • The Megaman Cast
    • Other

Anime is really cool, but some character are just too corny. I can name a bunch, but you guys go first!

[INDENT][SIZE=3][COLOR=Sienna]Post reasons for your answers, and remember that Otakuboards places an emphasis on post quality. This is especially important when creating a thread as it sets an example of what is expected. That means proper grammar, spelling, and having [U]content[/U] in your posts. This includes doing more than just listing who you think is corny without saying why you think they are corny. [B]If the posts in this thread degenerate, this thread will be closed[/B]. -indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

Hmm well here goes

Dark (cheesy lines and crap voice acting)
Ash(pickachu I choose you! ...STFU!)
Goku/cast of dbz(Kamahame ...STFUx2!)
Those 2 girls from Noir(ZZZZZZ huh oh BORING)

they pop up off the top of my head.

Tuxedo Mask...I ABSOLUTLEY HATE HIM!!! I mean tuxedo? Sailor Moon has a good story, but still...A TUXEDO?!!?!?!?!?!?

Lan from Megaman...corny
Ash definetly, and Brock
The WHOLE YU-GI-OH CAST!!!! Thats show is just dumb....
Still thinking...

Guest Ver2.0
[QUOTE=Anime_Kami]Tuxedo Mask...I ABSOLUTLEY HATE HIM!!! I mean tuxedo? Sailor Moon has a good story, but still...A TUXEDO?!!?!?!?!?!?

Lan from Megaman...corny
Ash definetly, and Brock
The WHOLE YU-GI-OH CAST!!!! Thats show is just dumb....
Still thinking...[/QUOTE]

I agree with you there I might go with the whole cast for the new megaman(can't remember the name) they should never have come out with the newest one :animeangr

YU-GI-OH GX cast as they are worse than the origional :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Anime_Kami]Tuxedo Mask...I ABSOLUTLEY HATE HIM!!! I mean tuxedo? Sailor Moon has a good story, but still...A TUXEDO?!!?!?!?!?!?
[/QUOTE]

And it's not only the Tuxedo, how the heck does he always beat the bad guys with a freakin ROSE!? God, if life was that simple, think of what'd that do to gun violence!

In fact, the whole Sailor Moon cast and series is pretty corny. I loved it when I was little, but when I watched it again, I just kept laughing. How I thought "Moon Prism Power!" and all that spinning around was cool is beyond me. However, it was the cheesyness that made me fall in love with it all over again.

Honestly other then that there's not much else that comes to mind.
Naruto can get corny, but it's so awesome that it's a good corny.

Gotta love the cheese.

Guest Demonic Rogue
ahahaha! tuxedo mask is a dud! yeh he's corny....but then again so is sailor moon...she's hopeless and sad. other characters i think are corny: ichigo (zoe in dub) from mew mew power (tokyo mew mew)....elliot from tokyo mew mew, ash (pokemon), mark from tokyo mew mew (PEDO VOICE), and there r so many others that i despise.......

and hey, the kemehameha attak is so CUUUTTEE lolz....im a freak

[COLOR=#656446]In fairness to Tuxedo Mask, he only needs a single rose to finish villains off. Compared to Kurama of Yuyu Hakusho, Akazukin Chacha's Teacher Bara-bara Man, and other characters whose weapon of choice is a rose variant, [b]TM is a war deity[/b]. Bohahahaha![/COLOR]

[quote name='Delta][COLOR=#656446]In fairness to Tuxedo Mask, he only needs a single rose to finish villains off. Compared to Kurama of Yuyu Hakusho, Akazukin Chacha's Teacher Bara-bara Man, and other characters whose weapon of choice is a rose variant, [b]TM is a war deity[/b']. Bohahahaha![/COLOR][/quote][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Exactly! Besides, when Sailor Moon was animated they changed Tuxedo Mask. He does have his own transformation sequence and more than just a simple rose to finish off villains. If someone in that series really is sad and corny, it?s Sailor Moon herself. I?ve lost count of the times she?s had to be rescued by Tuxedo Mask. Yes she?s the heroine, but on some level, she?s useless. [/end rant]

As for corny anime characters, I would have to go with most of the cast to DBZ. It?s a never ending repeat of power up and finally win a battle after who knows how many episodes. Though considering how badly Sailor Moon was edited, perhaps it is the same for DBZ. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Hm. The Dragon Ball Z cast... There's absolutely no point to the entire series, and you can only power up so much. [B]And why the heck are all of them, like, body builders?[/B] Even the kids! Besides, Goku must be one crappy dad if he's gonna let his-- what? twelve-year-old-- son fight some ailen freakoid from wherever! Okay, done with that.
The Yu-Gi-Oh! cast and the Pokemon cast 'cause they're all "friendship is magic and it will bring us through anything as long as we believe!"...
...DEAR GOD! THEY ARE WAAAAAAY TOO HAPPY AND OPTIMISTIC! I mean, in Pokemon, the world's about to get eaten by some huge thing and they're all Happy-Happy-Smile-Smile! Either that, or they start crying 'cause they're friends aren't running away and are risking their necks to save the world. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but how are three kids with an abscence of powerful Pokemon gonna save the world from a big, powerful... thing? Okay, done with that, too.
The English Naruto dub is pretty cheesey, too. I mean, anyone seen the part where they first bump into Haku? Naruto starts [B][I]crying[/I][/B]! In the manga he just got really pissed off! I mean, I love the manga dearly, but they did a horrible job on the dub. (And the same could be said for the Shaman King dub. [B]4kids is EVIL IN CARNATE![/B] :cussing: ) :modrod: See that little dude right there to the left of this text? That's what I wanna do to 4kids...! Okay, done with that, too.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Dark Neko-Chan][COLOR=DarkRed]Hm. The Dragon Ball Z cast... There's absolutely no point to the entire series, and you can only power up so much. [B]And why the heck are all of them, like, body builders?[/B'] Even the kids! Besides, Goku must be one crappy dad if he's gonna let his-- what? twelve-year-old-- son fight some ailen freakoid from wherever! [/COLOR][/quote]In all fairnessthis was wehn anime was pretty new. Also it brought alot of people into anime. So going around and insulting it like that is kind of betraying anime. (you will notice that I have no problems with the sailor moon haters well that is beasause lots of my friends thougt all anime was for girls beacause of that one so flame away)

[COLOR=Navy]Hmm, I can list a few, some have already been mentioned.

[B]DBZ Cast -[/B] Boring, and repetitive with the training and the battling. I think [URL=http://exterminatusnow.comicgenesis.com/d/20060217.html]THIS[/URL] sums it up nicely.

[B]Pokémon Cast -[/B] Same as DBZ, so repetitive with Ash travelling around, solving problems, winning badges, and catching pokémon. They've made soooo many series that I wish they'd just make him Pokémon Master and get a new group of new trainers, like, the latest series they're playing here is Advanced Battle *rolls eyes*

[B]Don Kanonji (Bleach) -[/B] This guy annoys me so much it's not funny. He thinks he's some super person that can exorcise ghosts, and he's so up himself. I dunno, he just bugs me, especially his laugh *does imitation by crossing arms over and resting hands on shoulders* Bwahahahahaha >.>

[B]Yu-Gi-Oh and Duel Masters Cast -[/B] They're so similar, and equally as corny as each other, I mean, what's the big deal with cards, how much damage are they really gonna do? I'd prefer Beyblades to either of these anyday.

Yeah, those are the ones I think are the most corny.[/COLOR]

Samurai Deeper Kyo- The voice acting in English, and not to mention the dialogue, was SO horrible that it made my ears bleed. Every time Kyo says some crap about hearing the wind...man it's just really lame every time he delivers a final blow to the enemy. *shakes head*

Guest yari91
I'd have to say all of the yugi gang that's just so corny, about friendship and all...

Yet,I use to play it myself all the time...sadly I still have all my card's

just don't have the heart to throw them out :animecry:

Guest de_valentine
those [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]undefined[/FONT] sephirosu [FONT=Arial]undefined[/FONT]wanabes thinking thy could be better than him that includes the games :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[quote name='de_valentine]those [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]undefined[/FONT] sephirosu [FONT=Arial]undefined[/FONT']wanabes thinking thy could be better than him that includes the games :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:[/quote][color=#b0000b][size=1]Is "undefined" the new swear filter? =]

[quote name='Delta][COLOR=#656446]In fairness to Tuxedo Mask, he only needs a single rose to finish villains off. Compared to Kurama of Yuyu Hakusho, Akazukin Chacha's Teacher Bara-bara Man, and other characters whose weapon of choice is a rose variant, [b]TM is a war deity[/b']. Bohahahaha![/COLOR][/quote]I would describe how hilarious I found this, but I fear it would be people in doubt of my sanity. =] Delta, I find you to be godlike.

[QUOTE=yari91]I'd have to say all of the yugi gang that's just so corny, about friendship and all...

Yet,I use to play it myself all the time...sadly I still have all my card's

just don't have the heart to throw them out :animecry:[/QUOTE].....[i]heart[/i]! Like [i]Heart of the Cards?[/i] Hahaha, [i]oh man[/i]. Who's corny now?[b]*[/b]

I would like to submit [b]Ash[/b], every [b]gym master[i] ever[/i][/b] and [b]the Narrator[/b] from [i]Pokémon[/i] as being extremely corny. To quote, um, myself:

[quote=Sara]I never liked Ash. His scratchy voice annoyed me, and so did his amazing ability to "win" badges without actually winning them. ("It's okay, Ash! I can see that you really love Pikachu, even though you practically killed him by having him fight for so long! You eventually felt guilty and gave up, so that proves that you really respect your Pokémon. Even though you lost miserably, I can tell that you're a good person, so I'll give you this badge anyway!") How lame is that? Everyone else actually has to earn their badges, and Ash just has to be a good sport?

The voiceover at the end of the episodes always annoyed me, too. "As Ash and the gang continue on their journey, they say goodbye to the friends they have made, but take with them an important lesson. What new adventures lie ahead?" Seriously, is that not what the guy says every single episode? A little creativity wouldn't hurt, you know.[/quote]

[b]*[/b][spoiler]Sara, darling, that would be [i]you[/i]. And lay of the italics, would you?[/spoiler][/color][/size]

Guest Silver- The Kid
Well like, most anime shown in America (and Canada! :D) is gonna be corny. its like the people who dub it just...like the corn! I mean, I watched the fox box once, and they have shows like Ultimate muscle, and mon coli nights and that stuff... it's pure babble. No decent dialogue and many unneccassary comments. Digi-mon sort of did that too, but not so badly. I mean, no one cares if you have to pee, or if ..the chick with massive eye brows has bad breath. Just keep your bodily functions to yourself! thats my beef. [B]Shows on the fox-box are LAME[/B].

[B]DBZ isn't lame- it rocked[/B]! it just went to far! like... land before time. the first one was good ( i was like 3 at the time, sooo it might be lame.. but i remeber it being great) but the multiple sequals are just stupid. Dragon ball and the beginning of Dragon ball Z had a plot, a point and fighting! then.. it turned into... fighting and fighting and more fighting with many people transforming and fusing. thats where it went wrong. Stop Land before timing!

thats all i have to say about anime corniness... feel free to disagree.

Sorry but I cant say any Anime character is corny, because its anime...and I cant hate anything about it. So I'll just state why most people dont like some anime shows but like others (very shallow in my point of view but thats just me...not trying to step on any toes XD)
1. Never seen it in japanese which means they have only seen the american interpratation of it.
2. Never seen the uncut version of it (4kids...should die) A good example of this is Yu-gi-oh , if you have seen it on TV then you are seeing the 4kids version (If you have read the manga/shonen jump has it if you cant find it/ or watched the uncut version in japanese/ the way it is suppost to be/ then you know it is NOT a kids show, and you know what Im talking about.
3. I said this in 1 but I will restate it. If Voice actors are a reason then just watch the japanese version with subtitles which will be much more enjoyable for you.
4. It is very played out on TV (meaning that you dont like it because they show reruns/its an old anime/ lots of people like it) *How is this even an excuse?

:animesmil Thats all I have to say hope you like my imput.

[COLOR=DarkRed]--.-- you asked a question I've been dying to get out.

Luffy~ Because how stupid is being abile to do that with his body? Not to mention I hate his voice.

Naruto~ Because how corny is Sexy jitsu?O.o * knows she going to be in trouble for that one* [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Orange][SIZE=2]I love anime and all but what bothers me about it is narrators. They always start out "Last time on..." what ever show it is and they give you a recap that last forever that you never really want to listen to again. And they always end up in some guys voice that just gets annoying really easily.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hm... Lavie Head in Last Exile- her voice is like a cheese grater on my brain. And her hair looks horrible too. LE was such a beautiful series and Lavie was its only flaw. She just didn't fit in and it ruined everything. Like fingerpainting all over the Mona Lisa. How's that for a big bundle of analogies?

Sakano in Gravitation- seriously, dude, take a chill pill. So your album misses the deadline by a couple days. Tohma's not gonna freaking eat you. Chill.

Kotori Monou in X- Girl nearly falls out of tree. Boy saves her. Boy moves away. Boy gets all angsty after his mom's death. Boy comes back antisocial and emo and stuff. Girl manages to make him happy. [spoiler]Girl dies. Boy gets even more emo and vows to avenge her death.[/spoiler] Good god, Kotori ticked me off. Her voice, her appearance, everything. She was a total airhead. Every time I see the first episode, when she says the line "I don't get it," I say, "Amen to that." Indigo dying? You're seriously joking. And she turned Kamui into even more of a whiny wad of angst (sorry Kamui, it's true... but you're still hot!). Honestly, [spoiler]I was relieved when she died.[/spoiler]

Sakura Kinomoto in Cardcaptor Sakura- NOBODY is that perfect. She's a great friend, athletic, honest, brave, kind, an ideal daughter, and a partridge in a pear tree. And she gets to use magic. Virtually flawless (she's probably a persocom... enough with the crossovers already, Clamp!). Ugh. I love CCS, but I just wanna remove the S part. Let Tomoyo be the heroine. Her I can stand.

Guest Rukia-san
The whole transformers cast- They're the definition of corny! "Transformers, Transform!"
[COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]Rukia-san[/B], please put a little more effort into your posts. Just saying they are corny without much of an explanation is spam. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shoot Where do i start?

[B]Saiyuki-[/B] The whole cast is pretty retarted in my eyes, and from the first couple episodes they all like they can destroy everything and barley have a hard time, Like destroying a huge spider that's trying to eat them and they make quick work of it in... Two minutes NOT estimated time. Plus the characters are just weird one of the main characters Hair looks like it's gonna fall off when he starts using magic, So you know it's a total wig.

Another thing is the little dragon that can turn into a jeep, I found that unbelievably cheap, and Goku is straight from Dragon ball z, With the whole hunger and being sorta obnoxious and then in the heat of battle becoming like Uber serious and capable of destorying the planet.

I just find the whole thing stupid and never in my life will i ever watch another episode and i hope it dies.