Jump to content
OtakuBoards

A better look for you myotaku page


Recommended Posts

Guest krazy4inuyasha
Posted
I am suggesting a little html platform to make your site better. The background repeating gets annoying easily. It also makes your site look way unprofessional. If you ask me, everyone's repeating backgrounds make your site look like crap. It would be gr8 to add effects and stuff, plus an html layout. i love to make tables, div's, frames, and guilds, but i can't make them for myotaku cause it has no html input. so, this is my suggestion. Everyone please give me your opinions on this suggestion please.

-andy
Posted
[COLOR=#B8007A]Isn't HTML input supported in myOtaku?
[SIZE=1]For the posts at least. Don't know about the layout. :3[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[font=Verdana][color=blue]Take a look at some of the sites out there and you'll realize that you can do everything you want to do already, with a little work. Both the posts and the intro have full HTML/CSS support so all you have to do is know the right code to use.[/color][/font]
Posted
[size=1]As has been said, you can use HTML in your profile. Design away. Do whatever you wish.

As for the repeating backgrounds, I'm sure they can be anchored. It would be the responsibility of the user that put up the background to do so though, some like repeating backgrounds and do it on purpose. *Shrugs*

I'm not positive, I only recently made a MyOtaku account, but I already put a music player on there alon with a few other things, and it's worked fine so far.

MyOtaku most definitely does not look 'Like Crap', or 'Way Unprofessional', or 'Annoying'. It's an awesome site, no doubt. Even with the repeating backgrounds on people's pages.[/size]
Posted
[font=Verdana][color=blue]Here's the simple solution. If you'd like to keep your background from repeating and scrolling, add the following code to your intro or post styles:[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue][/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]You can also position your background by adding this after "...fixed;" :[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]background-position: center center;[/color][/font]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]That will center the image in the middle of the page, both horizontally and vertically. The first center can be top, center, or bottom and the second can be left, center, or right as well, depending on the look you're going for.[/color][/font]
Posted
[font=franklin gothic medium]To the original poster, I think you may have missed the point of myOtaku. While I understand your desire for greater control, it must be said that myOtaku is really designed to be a service for those who aren't as comfortable getting knee-deep in code.

Yes, you can manually provide your own HTML code in many areas of myOtaku (including the intro and posts themselves) and there are ways you can override our core system if you so desire. However, it's important to understand that we've tried to design a site for people who are more casual users that don't necessarily want the added complexity of HTML.

I continually petition for greater control on myOtaku and that will be coming in the future, I can assure you. Unfortunately it's the same story where we have a very large network and a very limited number of dedicated staff, particularly in terms of skilled programmers. It can be tough to attend to everything all the time.[/font]
Guest krazy4inuyasha
Posted
oh ok , cool. Thanx for the Information. I figured out how to make my layouts now, so thanx a bunch!(to everyone!)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...