OtakuBoards

Nhl

Caine

[SIZE=1]Well [I]obviously[/I] you're a Sabres fan, you can tell just by looking at your... screen...name.

Anywhose, I've been too busy to follow any of the playoff games. Sadly, my team didn't even make it to the playoffs. I guess that's what ya get for not supporting the team. Being a BC gal, I'm a Vancouver Canucks fan. Ironically enough, I do believe that they were sinched out of the playoffs by the Edmonton Oilers. That's okay though, without Cloutier I don't think they would have gotten very far, even if they do have the Sedins, Big Bert, Nazzy and the rest of them.
To be honest though, I'm NOT an Oilers fan. But being that they are the Canadian team in the finals, I gotta root for 'em. Canadians take pride in their national sport, so it's only natural to root for the last Canadian team standing. I think they have a really good chance to win the Cup, they have been playing pretty good this season. It will be interesting to see what unfolds.[/SIZE]

If the Oilers go up against the 'Canes, then I root for the Oilers (GO ROLLIE), despite, or maybe because, you guys have Peca.

Game 7 is always interesting, especially when its the #1 home team against the #1 road team

GO SABRES

[COLOR=Sienna]Huge hockey fan... and I mean obessivly huge.

I'm one of the biggest Montreal Canadiens fans you're likely to find. Even though they were eliminated in the first round I'm still not disapointed... we had a really fun season.

As for the Cup, got to go with the Canadian team. I watch pretty much any hockey game I can (Playoffs and regular season, thanks to NHLCenterICE), and the Oilers have been the best throughout their lineup. I'd like the Sabres to get to the finals aswell, both because I love the guy who calls their games (And he said the one thing he wants is to call a Buffalo final) and they're fun to watch. Still, Edmonton is going to win!

BTW, I'm currently laughing my *** off at the Leafs signing McCabe for 5.5-6 million/year for 5 years. Hahahahahahahaha![/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Cygnus X-1][COLOR=Sienna]Huge hockey fan... and I mean obessivly huge.

I'm one of the biggest Montreal Canadiens fans you're likely to find. Even though they were eliminated in the first round I'm still not disapointed... we had a really fun season.

As for the Cup, got to go with the Canadian team. I watch pretty much any hockey game I can (Playoffs and regular season, thanks to NHLCenterICE), and the Oilers have been the best throughout their lineup. I'd like the Sabres to get to the finals aswell, both because I love the guy who calls their games (And he said the one thing he wants is to call a Buffalo final) and they're fun to watch. Still, Edmonton is going to win!

BTW, I'm currently laughing my *** off at the Leafs signing McCabe for 5.5-6 million/year for 5 years. Hahahahahahahaha![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

YES! Somebody else knows who Rick Jeanerret is, but I'm pretty sure he handled play calling duties back in 99, I know he's been calling since before then, so I think he means a Buffalo Cup victory. I have his greatest play calls ever on CD lying around here somewhere.

sorry about Koivu, with him you might have eliminated the 'Canes and saved us all this trouble.

[QUOTE=Caine]YES! Somebody else knows who Rick Jeanerret is, but I'm pretty sure he handled play calling duties back in 99, I know he's been calling since before then, so I think he means a Buffalo Cup victory. I have his greatest play calls ever on CD lying around here somewhere.

sorry about Koivu, with him you might have eliminated the 'Canes and saved us all this trouble.[/QUOTE][COLOR=Sienna]

Ya, I think that's what he said in the interview. They have a CD of the guy? Haha. I love Lalalalalalalalaaaaaaafooooonnnnnnnnnntaine and MAY DAY! MAY DAY! MAY DAY! Also, remember the hit on R.J. Umberger? That moment was one of the best in broadcasting... ever. Rick Jeanerret (Thanks for reminding me of his name BTW!) is easily the best commentator out there... damn-well better than the guys who do Hockey Night in Canada these days, that's for sure.

And yea... I really hope Koivu regains his sight 100%... we would have definatly beat Carolina if that hadn't happened... and than... who knows. Sorry to hear about your uhh... entire defense corps, lol.[/COLOR]

May Day, his holiday call (La-la-la-la-la la lafontaine), but my favorites are "momma hides the cookies" and "where Jimmy Hoffa is"

.:EDIT:.

GOD DAMN.

We lost, without 4 of our 6 defensemen, without one of our best forwards, but we still lost. At least we look like we'll be better next year.

[font=trebuchet ms][color=DarkGreen]Caine, double posting isn't allowed so I've merged your two consecutive posts together. In future use the EDIT button instead of posting twice in a row. --Raiyuu[/color][/font]