Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I was listening to talk radio this morning and heard about this:

[b][center]Alleged cattle thief tries to squeeze seven calves in Dodge Neon(6/01/06 - OGDENSBURG, NY) - A man was arrested Wednesday for allegedly stealing seven calves from a Canton farmer, sheriff's deputies said.

Victor R. Gardner, 22, is accused of squeezing seven of the young cattle into the back seat and trunk of a 2000 Dodge Neon. He is charged with third-degree burglary and third-degree grand larceny.


Gardner had the help of an accomplice when he allegedly drove the calves to a barn in DeKalb, St. Lawrence County Sheriff's deputies said.


Two of the calves were sold, the rest are missing and presumed dead.


Gardner, who has a history of burglaries, is being held in St. Lawrence County jail without bail. [/b][/center]

The end result isn't very funny, but I do wonder how the hell he managed to get 7 calves into a Dodge Neon. They aren't very big cars.

So, questions, comments hamburger?[/color][/font]
Posted
[size=1]I guess that is the calfs were infants, it would work. But anything over more than a month would be extremely difficult to do.

But I'll be damned if I don't want to try it sometime.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]
The end result isn't very funny...[/color][/font][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Pardon? I was cracking up when I got to the "are missing and presumed dead" part. Sorry if that angers the animal rights crowd here.

In any event, you read my mind. How exactly did seven cows fit into a Dodge Neon? Even calves would be difficult, as a Neon is extremely small.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=Retribution]
In any event, you read my mind. How exactly did seven cows fit into a Dodge Neon? Even calves would be difficult, as a Neon is extremely small.[/size][/QUOTE]

You're quite correct, A Dodge Neon is a puny car and can bearly fit in like 3 average Adult Males let alone several calves. I've got to say this; His boot/trunk must have been massive
Posted
[size=1] [QUOTE][size=2]Originally posted by [b]Retribution
[/b][/size] I was cracking up when I got to the "are missing and presumed dead" part.[/QUOTE]Same here. "Missing and presumed dead" is usually a term reserved for humans, not livestock. Did the police send out a state-wide "cattlehunt" for them? I doubt it somehow.

But a Dodge Neon? You'd think if it was a pre-orchestrated crime that the thief would have thought of maybe possibly buying a bigger car before trying to fit seven calves in. Because calves are pretty big, depending on how old they are.

But I agree with Corey, I'm feeling that I want to try that sometime, just to see if it is actually possible.
[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=Blayze][size=1] Same here. "Missing and presumed dead" is usually a term reserved for humans, not livestock. Did the police send out a state-wide "cattlehunt" for them? I doubt it somehow.

[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Well on that I have no idea- I have yet to see the state cops around Rochester asking if we've seen any missing live stock.

But Ogdensburg and the surrounding areas are very small rural communities so maybe St. Lawrence and Jefferson counties have a county wide hunt for them?

Of course my guess is that the calves are all sitting in some Casino over in Ontario Canada[/color][/font]
Posted
There was a case similar to this one in my hometown except a couple of drunk yahoos decided to steal a cow. Yes, full grown adult cow. They got it into their car by chopping it up. They got caught with chunks of cow parts and a pool of blood in their car. I just get this visual of a couple of drunk guys covered in blood telling the cops: "We didn't do it!".

This makes me think if they killed some of the calves they could have packed them pretty tighly into the trunk and backseat. *thinks of the logistics of packing cattle into Neon* Now if this loon had done the calf-napping with a Geo Metro then it would be truly noteworthy!
Posted
why would they chopup a cow and steal it?

The poor thing.

On the topic at hand, maybe they were asleep and he just laid them on top of each other or something. He could have drugged them.

Maybe one rode in the front seat buckled in.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...