OtakuBoards

Anime Expo 2006

Solo Tremaine

[COLOR=#503F86]H'lo ^_^

Just wondering how many people here are due to be attending Anime Expo in July, and if anyone wanted to arrange a meet-up, of sorts.

I'll be in Anaheim from the evening of the 29th June to July 5th, so I'll be attending all four days of the Expo (but am up for doing other stuff too). I'm also going to see Hyde in the House of Blues on Sunday evening *insert girlish scream*

Anyone else?[/COLOR]

Well, thanks for doing my work for me! :D

I'll definitely be attending AX, most likely on the second and third days of the convention (Sunday and Monday, I believe). My brother and sister want to go on the day of the masquerade, so the second day of AX would be most convenient for me to meet up with everyone. As for the time, I'm open to whatever time people want to meet up - I'll be there bright and early to pick up my pass, and I'll be staying until around 7:00 or 8:00 PM. Sennen and I have met up at about 11:00 AM the last couple of years, so maybe that'll work for everybody?

Should be lots of fun. :)

I will definitely be there again this year! I am going to be there for all of Anime Expo. As far as I know the convention schedule has not been posted yet so my schedule is wide open. The only things I know for sure I will be attending are a few cosplay photoshoots. I should be around to meet up with everyone.

I wish I were going to see Hyde but, alas, I do not have tickets. The Anaheim House of Blues is pretty nice venue. I have been there for a party thing Viz did a couple of years ago. I would love to go to the concert! Have lots of fun at the concert Solo!

If we work out a time (and a place) for a little theOtaku/OB Meet and Greet I will see if I can get a few people I know who work in the anime and gaming industry to stop by to chat with everyone.

I am looking forward to meeting more online friends from theOtaku. :animesmil

[quote name='Shinmaru']Well, thanks for doing my work for me! :D[/quote][color=#503f86]Heh, sorry ^_^; I was itching to know what everyone else was up to and had nothing to do for five minutes.[/color]

[QUOTE]I'll definitely be attending AX, most likely on the second and third days of the convention (Sunday and Monday, I believe). My brother and sister want to go on the day of the masquerade, so the second day of AX would be most convenient for me to meet up with everyone. As for the time, I'm open to whatever time people want to meet up - I'll be there bright and early to pick up my pass, and I'll be staying until around 7:00 or 8:00 PM. Sennen and I have met up at about 11:00 AM the last couple of years, so maybe that'll work for everybody?[/QUOTE][color=#503f86]Beans of coolness. I'll literally be anywhere at any time (and I've decided against trying out for AX Idol, as much as I'd like to), so... yeah. Wherever and whenever anyone wants to meet I'm up for it ^_^[/color]

[quote name='Panda']I will definitely be there again this year! I am going to be there for all of Anime Expo. As far as I know the convention schedule has not been posted yet so my schedule is wide open. The only things I know for sure I will be attending are a few cosplay photoshoots. I should be around to meet up with everyone.[/quote][color=#503f86]It keeps changing, but I think [url="http://www.anime-expo.org/?a=programming&b=main_events&c=schedule"]this is the schedule so far[/url]. They haven't stuck in Random Ninjas or anything like that, which seems bizarre as they're meant to be playing on at least one of the evenings.[/color][color=#503f86]

Whee ^_^[/color]

[COLOR=#B4C738][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]aw man, i totally forgot about this year's AX >___<" . i've never been to one so i don't know what's its like really. although i HAVE been to Comic Con, it's a pretty broad genre convention and i only was able to go because of it's location.

i planned on attending one AX one year, just to get experience, and then attend it the next year to cosplay! i've always wanted to do that! trouble is, i don't know how to cosplay xD . i was hoping to find a cosplay buddy somewhere since the anime-avid lovers that go to my school are really weeeird (hence, why i dropped-out of the Anime Club -___- ).

however, my family had already made plans to visit the Philippines and stay there for a MONTH. but the time for the trips keeps on changing and it wouldn't really hurt to plan for AX, would it? :]

if it were possible, i'd like to tag along, even if i'm most likely NOT gonna go to AX. i want to attend AX while i'm still YOUNG :p . if i go next year, i might not have a chance to go the year after that since i'll be a high-school senior to-be a college freshman and busy like heck (ack!) .

whether i go or not, i just want to keep in touch :]
thanxz![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[url=www.anime-expo.org][b]AX's Official Website[/b][/url]

There you go. That should have everything you need. :)

And no worries about starting the thread before me, Solo, haha. If I weren't so lazy, I probably would have started it up earlier. :p

Heya! Will be picking up my stuff at AX on 6/30 (if they have an evening pick up time) but will be there July 1-4. Where and when are folks getting together? Please send me a PM , I would love to meet you all.

Love and peace, and biscotti.! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
This thread won't disappear on my watch. :P

[url=http://www.anime-expo.org/?a=programming&b=schedule][b]The programming schedule[/b][/url] is up on AX's site now, so now everyone can make tentative schedules for themselves ([strike]although there's no sign of what's going to be shown in the video rooms as of yet[/strike]).

Anyway, it seems like people are okay with meeting up around 11:00 AM or so on the second day of AX, right? If that's too early, then later times work just fine for me - we still have three weeks or so to hammer that out, I guess lol. As for a meeting place, Sennen and I usually met up by the large stairs near the entrance in the middle of the convention center. It's close to the entrance to the exhibit hall, so it's not hard to overlook lol. Lots of people normally hang out there - we'll probably stand out because we (likely) won't all be done up in costume. :p

Here's to a fun time for all! :)

EDIT: [url=http://www.anime-expo.org/?a=programming&b=film_video][b]The film/video schedule is up now![/b][/url]

[COLOR=#503F86]Cool ^________^

There's a fair amount of stuff worth watching there. I've always wanted to catch bits of Planetes, Gun X Sword, X TV, Burst Angel... there's a fair amount of stuff I've already seen, though.

If it's up, I challenge anyone to a freeplay match or two on Smash Bros: Melee.[/COLOR]

11 am on the second day looks okay for me so far. I'm very excited to finally meet you guys!

I got a wild cosplay urge yesterday to start a new Bleach cosplay outfit for AX. Yeah, talk about last minute costuming. Speaking of which I really should get back to the sewing machine instead of just writing about working on the costume!!

Oh and for those of you who wish you could go to Anime Expo but can't I have some news to share with you:

[quote=Anime Expo Press Release]Stickam and Anime Expo Join Forces to Offer Exclusive Access to World?s
Hottest Anime/Manga Convention With Live, Video Broadcast From the Show
Floor

Breakthrough Application Brings Live Streaming Video of Event?s
Hottest Presentations to Internet Users

LOS ANGELES (June 20, 2006) ? Can?t make it to Anime Expo® (AX) this year?
For the first time ever, fans across the globe can experience the action
live from the Main Events Hall with Stickam?, the Internet?s most powerful
video communications player. The live feed from Anime Expo® will be
available completely free on [url]www.AXBackstage.org[/url] and Stickam.com to fans
everywhere ? all with nothing to download or configure.

Taking place July 1 ? 4, 2006 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim,
California, AX is North America?s largest show dedicated to Japanese
animation. Hosted by the Society for Promotion of Japanese Animation
(SPJA), some of the highlights to be broadcast from the Main Events Hall
include:

* Opening and Closing ceremonies
* The famous ?Masquerade? featuring cos-players (costume players/live
impersonators stars from Anime and Manga)
* AX Idol
* The SPJA Charity Auction
* And much more!

?There is a natural connection between the technology savvy anime audience
and Stickam?, and we are excited to be working with the show to broadcast
live from inside the Main Events Hall,? said Hideki Kishioka, CEO of
Advanced Video Communications, creator of Stickam?. ?For fans who are
unable to attend the show, Stickam? will be offering the next best thing and
we are excited to help Anime Expo broaden its reach to fans across the
world.?

With over 60,000 users, the Stickam? media player is the first Web tool to
combine video, photo, music and chat functions in one application. What is
truly revolutionary about Stickam?, is that users can ?stick? the player on
virtually any modifiable Web site such as a blog or MySpace profile page
enabling them to communicate more powerfully than ever before.

?The partnership with Stickam? brings the convention experience to a whole
new level. For fans that are unable to attend the nation?s largest
Anime/Manga convention, they will have the ability to be a part of the 15th
Year Anniversary celebration!? states Liyin Liang Vice Chair for Anime Expo®

About Anime Expo®

Located in Anaheim, California - Anime Expo®, the North America?s largest
anime/manga convention, serves to foster trade, commerce and the interests
of the general public and animation/ comics industry. This event serves as a
key meeting place for the general public to express their interest and
explore various aspects of anime/manga, as well as for members of the
industry to conduct business. AX 2006 will be held July 1 ? 4, 2006 at the
Anaheim Convention Center. More information can be found at its official
website ([url]www.anime-expo.org[/url]).

About SPJA

The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA) is a non-profit
organization with a mission to popularize and educate the American public
about anime and manga, as well as provide a forum to facilitate
communication between professionals and fans. This organization is more
popularly known by its entertainment property ? Anime Expo®. More
information can be found at its official website ([url]www.spja.org[/url]).

About Stickam?

Stickam? is the Internet?s most powerful, free video communications player
offering live streaming video and video conferencing with unlimited
bandwidth. The download-free Stickam? player allows consumers to easily add
dynamic, live video to their personal Web pages, blogs and auction sites by
simply cutting and pasting the Stickam? JavaScript or HTML code into the
appropriate area of the site of their choice. Consumers can also upload
pre-recorded video, music and photos to their Stickam? players for site
visitors to access at their convenience. The video can be viewed by
virtually anyone and will play on any operating system including Linux,
Windows and Mac. Stickam? is a product of Los Angeles-based Advanced Video
Communications. ([url]http://www.stickam.com/[/url])[/quote]

[COLOR=#503F86]Hmm... do you reckon we could steal the feed and make an impromptu OtakuBoards AX video podcast or something?

[quote name='Panda']I got a wild cosplay urge yesterday to start a new Bleach cosplay outfit for AX. Yeah, talk about last minute costuming. Speaking of which I really should get back to the sewing machine instead of just writing about working on the costume!![/quote]
Wow o_o; I don't have a costume as such, but I have been modifying a jacket I picked up to make it a little more exciting, hehe.[/COLOR]

How come they never have Big anime Expo's on the east coast their always in california or i could pretty much say the west coast? i woul dreally like to go to an anime comvention do you have to pay to get into one if i can ever get to one? this is just something i'd like to know. :D