OtakuBoards

best book quote ever!

liamc2

What do you reckon is the best quote/section of a story that you reckon is the coolest? I'd have to say this one from Artemis Fowl:

?Let me fill you in on the weapons status,? continued Artemis. ?I am unarmed. But Butler here, my ? ah ? butler, has a Sig Sauer in his shoulder holster, two shrike throwing knives in his boots, a derringer two-shot up his sleeve, garrotte wire in his watch and three stun grenades concealed in various pockets. Anything else Butler??
?The cosh, sir?
?Oh yes. A good ball-bearing cosh stuffed down his shirt.?
Nguyen brought the cup trembling to his lips.
?Don?t be alarmed, Mister Xuan,? smiled Artemis. ?The weapons will not be used on you.?
Ngyuyen didn?t seem reassured.
?No,? continued Artemis. ?Butler could kill you a hundred different ways without the use of his armoury. Though I?m sure one of them would be quite sufficient

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
isn't that awesome? that book is the coolest!

Guest Voodookanaka
ill have to go through the discworld books and find one, theres some really good ones but by the gods I cant think of any off top of my head. hmmm....i can remember a smart one from pyramids but it isnt that funny, just clever

'can I buy a camel?'
'there 100 gildar each'
'I can give u this dagger'
'I dont want no dagger'
'I can give u this dagger....pointy bit first'

the lamest assasin ever :)

I remember reading a book once, I think it was called "On The Roadside", and there was a bit that said "I was so drunk the other night I could barely walk, good think I was drivin' "..........hehe, funny........ (I think NorykoAngelcry has this in his sig).

And another one that said " How do you look through a wall, Hue? I don't know, sir. .........Hue, you look the window."

pretty cool, huh?!

the best quotes ever are from catch-22 & catcher in the rye, the funniest books ever written...

"i yearn for you tragically. a.t. chapman, chaplain."

yossarian: "i see everything twice!"
doctors: "how many fingers am i holding up?"
yossarian: "two!"
doctors: "how about now?"
yossarian: "two!"
doctors: "my god! he does see everything twice!"

"yossarian was in love with her, because she was the only woman he could make love to without falling in love with."

there are better ones, but i can't remember...

can't remember a damn thing from catcher in the rye, but i did lmao at that book...

Guest Voodookanaka
'this here drink will cure any problems'
It was true, although it had the side effect of also curing verticallity.
-Guards Guards I think

i like the one in my sig. This one is from Ender's game as well:

"I am your enemy, the first one you've ever had who was smarter than you. There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will ever tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher." Mazer Rackham

Forget it, Mazer. I don't care if I pass your test, I don't care if I follow your rules. If you can cheat, so can I. I won't let you beat me unfairly - I'll beat you unfairly first. -Ender

"Why you're nothing but a filthy minded old skitebird!" - Dim (A Clockwork Orange)

i don't have the book with me now so i won't post half the book on here. =(

seriously, read it.....by Card.

Well the first one was 'Artemis Fowl' by Eoin Colfer, it should be in most bookstores in Aus, but I don't know about America. Maybe your local library could order it in from another library that has it. Thats what I do when I want to read a book that my library hasn't got ;)

[SIZE=1]:drunk: Er.. I don't really read books all that much.. well, like novel type books anyways.. But I [i]do[/i] read comic books!!!! Specially Calvin&Hobbes :p The best quote there is:

"Are you're maladjusted antisocial tendencies the product of your berserk putuitary gland?" Calvin to Moe

:rotflmao:It's funny cause it's true![/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]:bellylol: :bellylol: ........hehe, funny that one. :bellylol: [/B][/QUOTE]

Bwahahahahah.. i know, i just go around randomly saying "Boo radley!!" and people go "What the **** is he somking". But that point is, it's a pretty good book too, To kill a mockingbird. ( I'de kill any bird that mocked me :angry2: )

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]i've read that book. hehe, good book it is. :bellylol: [/B][/QUOTE]

It is, it is. But there is not enough mocking bird killing. I sure did judge that book by it's cover. "Hmmm... how bout this book, looks like a good bird hunting book"(Me at the library)

Mine would be:

"Did he say: Hello Pippin, what a pleasent surprise it is to see you. No, he said: Get up you Tom-fool of a Took! Where is Treebeard, I have to talk to him"

Quote made by Pippin on the greatest book of alltime, "The Lord of the rings!"

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Trunks [/i]
[B]Mine would be:

"Did he say: Hello Pippin, what a pleasent surprise it is to see you. No, he said: Get up you Tom-fool of a Took! Where is Treebeard, I have to talk to him"

Quote made by Pippin on the greatest book of alltime, "The Lord of the rings!" [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehhehehehehhe, i remember that bit, hehehhehehe. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: