OtakuBoards

Legend of Zelda, Saving

Desbreko

[color=indigo]A couple of days ago, I got out my old NES and my The Legend of Zelda cartridge, and popped it in. Amazingly, there was still a saved game on it!
Although I ended up erasing it and starting over from the beggining, I thought it was neat that an old NES cartridge's battery would last longer than a SNES cartridge's battery. I have an old Super Mario World SNES cartridge, and it won't save anymore... But my Legend of Zelda cartridge, that's a few years older, will!
Has anyone else had this happen?

And has anyone had problems with their saved games on The Legend of Zelda, because you didn't hold in the Reset button while you turned the NES off?
My brothers got The Legend of Zelda way back around when it was first released, and they never held in the Reset button when they turned it off. They never had any problems with their saved games either. I'm wondering if it makes a differance.[/color]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yes i had that problem A LOT... my younger brother would never do it and it would kill my games... and it did it w/ my cousin as well... but it is only w/ the first run of games... not the later ones ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[color=indigo]Only with the first run of games? Are you sure? My brother's cartridge was one of the gold ones.
So is mine. I always hold in Reset just incase though. I [I]really[/I] don't want to have my game erased.

I just beat Level 6 in the 2nd Quest today. I had to leave about half way through the dungeon (when I got the Step Ladder) to go get a Heart Container, so I could get the Magic Sword. After that, it got a [I]lot[/I] easier.
******* blue Wizrobes!!! They take five ******* hits with the White Sword!!! Only three with the Magic Sword, though. And the ******** Red Bubbles!!! AAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Okay, I'd better stop ranting now.....[/color]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i wont say ONLY... but i will say AT LEAST... lol... i know the first run of games u HAD to do it... cause my little bro messed it up sooooooooo many times my parents were gonna kill him ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]well... i was really little... i wasnt allowed to play the zelda games till AFTER my parents beat them... so i just watched... so it meant i got to watch more ;) and when i was little i used to love it[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]well... i was really little... i wasnt allowed to play the zelda games till AFTER my parents beat them... so i just watched... so it meant i got to watch more ;) and when i was little i used to love it[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]When I was little, I used to love watching my brothers play vidoe games too! My favorite games to watch were the Zelda series, the Metroid series and the Final Fantasy series. Actually, watching video games helped me learn to read and spell, especially the FF series, because there's lots of text and I'd try to read along to know what was going on in the game. The FF series taught me how to spell words like "cure" and "equip".
Yet another way that video games help you in real life. ;)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]When I was little, I used to love watching my brothers play vidoe games too! My favorite games to watch were the Zelda series, the Metroid series and the Final Fantasy series. Actually, watching video games helped me learn to read and spell, especially the FF series, because there's lots of text and I'd try to read along to know what was going on in the game. The FF series taught me how to spell words like "cure" and "equip".
Yet another way that video games help you in real life. ;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats why most of us really like to play those kind of games now... We grew up watching our parents and siblings playing them... All my brother ever played were R.P.G's and my Mom always played the mario games.... Now that i look back those are the only type of games i play. Final Fantasy, Lufia, Chrono T, Metroid (can't wait for the new one on GCN), Zelda, lunar.... I could go on forever...

I loved watching my sister and dad play zelda games. I used to suck at it but I'm quite alright now on SOME games I suck at alot of games sadly...
Its funny coz my dad and sis can't do the dancing thing on oracle of ages and seasons. Now I got majora's mask and dad thinks its too complicated

[color=indigo]I too, suck at the dancing in Oracle of Ages. I can remember the rhythm, but I can't remember what order you push the buttons in. And it doesn't help that I always suck at things like that...
Personally, I don't think you should have to do something like that in order to advance in the game. Memorization mini-games suck. Now, if it's a mini-game like the target shooting, that's okay, but I [I]hate[/I] mini-games where you have to memorize something really quickly like that.[/color]