Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Card Captor Sakura Manga vs the Anime


Recommended Posts

Guest BelovedIris
Posted
[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]I am debating about getting the Manga... I just want to know how different the manga is from the anime. Is the manga really better?[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='BelovedIris][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Black]I am debating about getting the Manga... I just want to know how different the manga is from the anime. Is the manga really better?[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

It depends which version of the anime you're dealing with. If you're talking about the American version, Cardcaptors, the manga is tremendously better. If you're talking about the Japanese version- Cardcaptor Sakura- of the anime, then my answer becomes a little more muddled. If you've already seen the anime series, I don't think there's any real reason to buy the manga unless you're a Clampaholic such as myself. In fact, almost every chapter of the manga has a nearly identical anime episode. But if you've neither seen the anime nor read the manga, I would pick up volume 1-6 (the Clow Card arc) of the manga as it's so much cheaper, then get the rest of the series (the Sakura Card/Master of the Clow arc) in anime form because Tokyopop didn't do such a hot job translating Master of the Clow and it feels a tad Americanized. If you're into action the anime may be better as there are a ton of episodes that never occured in the manga, ones that focus on just catching cards. But if you simply must have a linear story, I think the manga's more the way you want to go.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Well, it depends on your opinion. Usually, the anime would be very different from the manga because of the dub, however, you could buy it in its original japanese format.
There are only a few differences between the manga and the anime. One of them is that some of the phrases are different. Also, in the manga, the names are japanese. to add to that, in the anime there are more clow cards than there are in the manga.
I would say that the manga is a little better than the anime because it is trnaslated into english while keeping the character's names the same, and it is divided into two seperate series. There is the regular card captor sakura and the master of the clow series. The master of the clow is just a sequel series to the original card captor sakura series.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...