OtakuBoards

What rocks you?

sunsetjenn

Aw... new music is the best don't you think? Keeps me going. I was listening to "Forgive and Forget" by Alien Ant Farm at my internship at UMGD and the song is truly awsome. I highly suggest you go to:
[url]http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/ume/aaf/forgive_and_forget_clean-1.asx[/url]

[FONT=Arial]Welcome to Otakuboards, Sunsetjenn.

We encourage a little more detail in threads to spawn discussion. The basis is good, but we need to know more. What other new music do you like? Who agrees that newer music is normally better? What new music does everyone else love? Try to talk about more than one song, because we all ready have a favorite song thread [U][URL=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=53385]here.[/URL][/U] Enjoy your stay here, please.

Most new music doesn't adhere to my tastes. I don't listen to the radio, nor do I watch music television. The newest music I like is from AFI's Decemberunderground, but I'm a bit iffy on some of the songs on the album. Basically, I don't really care for newer music most of the time...but if I hear something I could adore, I'll look into it.[/FONT]

[COLOR=Sienna]The only new music I've ever managed to enjoy are Bedouin Soundclash, and even then that's only because they're practically a carbon copy of The Police (With a bit of The Clash and Bob Marley thrown in). Other than that I find most new music to be complete drivel that lacks the soul and technical ability of bands past. With the exception of the Metal genre (Which I respect but do not like), I'd be hard pressed to find a guitarist who knows jack about a good solo or a spine-tingling riff, and most of the lyrics these days are all bloody depressing.

What really rocks me is REAL rock. 60's, 70's, early 80's. I'm talking the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, The Police, Tom Petty, ZZ Top, Boston, RUSH, David Bowie, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Supertramp, things in that vein. Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jeff Healy, Jimmy Page. I love guitar and drum solos, they are IMO the pinicale of musical ability and it's a shame the secret to a good solo has been lost in recent years.

Another thing I love is folk music. It's soft and it's normally fairly slow, but it's peaceful and tells a story all at the same time - good for relaxing.[/COLOR]