OtakuBoards

Good Baking Mistakes.

GUNmanZERO7

Has anyone made a mistake trying to make a food? But actually turn out good. I have. One time I made Chocolate Chip Cookies. It took me a long time to mix the batter. (because of hard butter) So I put it in the microwave. Anyways I made cookies that completly tasted like choclote chip chocolate cookies. Plus chocolate swirled inside theme. So that that just proves that some mistakes are good.

I don't cook often. And I've never made a good mistake. I've made very salty instant mashed potatoes though. One time I mistook teaspoons for tablespoons, and another time I misread the amount for that serving (as one higher than that).

Good for you if you can make a good cooking mistake!

[size=1]I once was making cinnamon butter cook and wanted to grab the cinnamon. Instead a grabbed ... something more spicey. I got the powder off as much as I could and just continued adding cinnamon, but the taste was incredibly manipulated. It was quite nice actually, a bit odd, but nice.[/size]

Was cooking ramen, and I usually just fry and egg sunny-side up and then plop it into the bottom of the bowl, poke the yolk and pour my ramen over it for eggy goodness. I accidentally cracked the raw egg and put it into the boiling water with my ramen noodles and it cooked up. I ate it anyway, and it turned out to be the best friggin' ramen I've ever made :D

I paid attention to all my cooking there-after, afraid my next mistake could give me a bad case of uneasy stomach. And I have no trash bin in my computer room ><;

[COLOR=Gray][SIZE=1]Well first off, baking is so much fun and yes baking is one of my hobbies. Anyhow, there was once a time where I had the urge to make a simple yellow cake from scratch. Now I had all the ingrediants...I just didn't realize I had taken out extra ingrediants (I guess I got carried away), to get to the point I had taken the chocolate hershey kisses (Wait....it wasn't an ingrediant..it was my candy!) and put it in the batter! See I was to into my song and baking that I failed to realize my good tasting candy was being smushed!

In the end it came out looking like chocolate swirls and tasted real good (So creamy...I'm hungry now). To make it even more tasty, I had put sliced strawberries in the center of the cake (In my family we love strawberries!)...so basically that went right away. The sad part was that I was only able to have a small slice of my delicious [B][COLOR=Yellow]Yellow[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Straberry[/COLOR] [COLOR=Sienna]Kisses[/COLOR][/B] cake (They ate it all! Yes I did name my cake.)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#656446]We had to bake in one of the exercises in our Microbiology class (yeast=good excuse) and were given detailed instructions, down to the last gram of ingredient, on how to make banana cake/loaf.

Then our group, in a brilliant display of dyslexia, put in something like three times the amount of baking soda (or yeast, 'couldn't remember) so we said "To hell with it!" and started putting in semi-random amounts of the other ingredients as well.

We were then surprised when we saw the teachers in the Biology department eating our banana cake. They said (and we saw) that it tastes great but looks a little funny 'cause the food dye of them M&M's we put in bled through the cake.

'Twas prolly good enough for [i]Yakitate!! Japan[/i], I'll say.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Me and a friend were makin a dark chocolate cake as a birthday present. We overdid the airing thing and it ended up popping in the oven and cracking. The top mushroomed out and cracked and burnt.

So.. we cut off the burnt bit, flattening the top. Then we added a whole tub of Nutella to the chocolate topping we made so there was enough to hold the rest of the cake together (and hide the scarred surface). The Nutella addition gave us too much topping so we ended up 'topping' the sides of the cake too. The Nutella made it real shiny though so, as distractions, we threw chocolate flakes all over the sides and smaller flakes over the top. Then because we forgot icing, we put strawberries along the outside of the cake. The next day we bought icing fresh, and finished it off.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25589&stc=1[/IMG]

And yes it actually turned out to taste good :animestun

Edit: The picture doesnt do the cake any justice =/[/size]

[size=1]I was making brownies at a friends house.
We must have did [i]something[/i] wrong because we baked those brownies for about a hour over what they called for after discovering that there was a cooked crust over the top, but everything underneath the crust was still liquid. We figured that if one hour and forty-five minutes worth of baking didn't make it safe enough to eat, nothing would.
So we crumbled up the crusty part, and sprinkled the crumbs and goo over vanilla icecream.

They were the best brownies I'd ever had.[/size]