OtakuBoards

Crimson Hero?

JapanGirl

I've never even heard of it. And I've heard of a lot of books for Otakus. What store did you get it from that might help me to see what it's about. Or you could PM me. I'm a new member too so I haven't gotten one. But I'll see if it's on a [COLOR=RoyalBlue]www.animenewsnetwork[/COLOR].com[/COLOR]. They have info on everything that has to do with anime. :catgirl:

Crimson Hero is currently being serialized in Shojo Beat here in America, and they are releasing it in volumes, too, of course.

For those of you unfamiliar with the title, Crimson Hero focuses on fifteen-year-old Nobara Sumiyoshi. Her controlling mother wants Nobara to quit her tomboyish ways and train to be the next owner of the family business. Nobara's younger sister Souka is complacent, feminine, ladylike, and perfect in arts such as tea ceremonies and flower arranging and would be the perfect successor to the ryotei, but tradition dictates tht Nobara be the one to take over.

Nobara has no interest in the family business. Her one true love, the one thing she always took confidence in, was her skill on the volleyball court. She goes to Crimson Field High School because they are famous for their volleyball team. As it turns out, only the [I]boys'[/I] team is good, and the girls' team was disbanded. She then sets her sights on forming a new girls' team. Her mother tries her best to stop Nobara from playing volleyball, but with the help of her aunt she finds a way to get back on the court.

Finding teammates is not her only problem. Nobara, who never thought anything of guys, has to be dorm mother for the boys' volleyball team! Of course, Nobara starts developing a crush on one of the members, but it feels a little newer than most shojo manga, because her main focus is still on her sport, and she does not fully inderstand what her feelings are and why she feels them.

Now that I've gotten the "put up summary and save thread" thing out of my system, I will just tell you that this is a funny series that portrays a refreshing protagonist. In basic speak: Squeee! I'm a total fan girl! I love this series to death, Nobara has a personality closer to my own than any other lead in shojo manga I've ever read. Pick it up! Read it! I still don't know which of the two main boys I like best, but I find it hilarious that they are prettier than most of the girls in the manga.

Thank you so much for posting!! :D
Anyway I picked this manga up at waldenbooks they have the biggest selection of manga that I have found.

I got a preview of vol. 2 of this manga in shojo beat and I think the manga shows alot of girl power and it has so many real life problems. Like having a crush on one of your guy friends who is already in a relationship.

I really didn't expect this manga to be as good as it was and I am really excited about getting the next volume. :p

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]I have to agree with silver_blade on the fan girl part. I l-o-v-e Crimson Hero, its one of my favorite shojos. Nobara's fashion style is close to my own as is her attitude. I'd also perfer her to end up with the spiky haired guy....can't think of his name....

Anywho, this is a really great sport shojo, and hopefully it won't have as bad of an ending as Girl Got Game. No offense to those that actually liked it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]